Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2010, 06:58 AM   #121
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
If anyone is interested in going to the Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburg,
TN. Let me know. I'll be camping at Hales Bar Marina and Resort on Nickajack Lake, Tennessee 423-942-9000
Call and reserve a site soon. They said that a lot of people are calling
already. My reservations are for April 23 - 26, 2010. [Festival days are April
24 -25, 2010. Campgrounds are 18 miles from festival. And on Lake Nickajack.
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:05 AM   #122
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Don't forget to start making plans for our

"DUTCHSTREAM 2010 RALLY"
September 30 - October 3, 2010
Ripplin' Waters Campground & Cabin Rentals, Sevierville, Tennessee or call 1-888-747-7546

Keep an eye on this site or on mine dutchstream : dutchstream
Old 02-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #123
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Let me tell you about the American Chuckwagon Association. They had a cook off in Pigeon Forge this week end. It was really a treat to watch them cooking over an open fire with their Dutch Ovens and other cast iron stuff. I made friends with Richard Holmes who was doing some of the cooking. They are going to be at Del Rio, TN April 1-4, 2010 [for 4 days]. I thought some or all of you might want to come out and camp with us for that event. I think you would really enjoy watching them. They had real chuckwagon and all the authentic garb on. I am going to check the availability for that week end. I'll post more here on the availability when I find out.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #124
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
OK I just found out they do not have a campground. Admission is $25.00 a day or $90.00 for 4 days. We might go for one day but not sure. You can look at their site on http://www.frenchbroadriver.com/feedbackthanks.com
Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #125
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
I have started a new web site. Please take some time a visit it. I have posted photos of our rally last year, the Chuckwagon cook off in Pigeon Forge and the DOG we attended at Panther Creek last week end.
Dutchstream - Home

I think this will be the last of my exploring around for a site for "Dutchstream". This web looks promising. Check it our and get acquainted with it. I'll be using this site for my Dutchstream rallies. I'll also use the Air Stream forum to list stuff.

I'm pretty exited about this site.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:29 AM   #126
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
Just a quick note to let you know we went to the Dogwood & Bluegrass Rally this past weekend, and I adamantly promoted your Dutchstream Rally while there. I also gave an impromptu demo. hope that helps encourage more people to attend.

Regards, Terry.

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #127
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hey THANKS Terry.
Did you my new web site
Dutchstream - Home
Check it out and add some pics if you want.
See you at our May unit rally.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:36 AM   #128
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Lodge of Sevierville, TN is having a DEMO in front of their store on May 29, 2010. It will be put on by the TN Dutch Oven group. I will be cooking Aebleskivers and a Strawberry/Rhubarb cobbler. Come on out between 11AM and 4 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #129
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
We may be able to attend.

Jim: We may be able to attend, but just in case, "pm" me the Strawberry/Rhubarb cobbler recipe!!! Please!!! We are going on vacation soon and this would be a great desert to serve my three favorite girls!

Regards, Steelegood

ps: Little Bride wants to know: With all the free time your significant other has on her hands, what with you working and all, WHY isn't she "farming" more often?

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Old 05-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #130
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
DON'T FORGET TO COME TO THE LODGE STORE IN SEVIERVILLE ON MAY 29, 2010.
Lodge of Sevierville, TN is having a DEMO in front of their store on May 29, 2010. It will be put on by the TN Dutch Oven group. I will be cooking Aebleskivers and a Strawberry/Rhubarb cobbler. Come on out between 11AM and 4 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #131
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hello to all,
Well the Dutchstream rally is only a few months away. Working at Lodge Store in Sevierville lets me talk to a lot of people. I have been passing out cards for this rally and we should have a larger group than last year.

Bush's bean has opened their new store, museum [that you can inter act with] and a deli. They have great food and a friendly staff. Anyone interested in going on Friday around 11 o'clock let me know so I can let Bush's know how many to expect. I chocked a few recipes out of Duke [the dog]. He is OK now so I didn't hurt him much. We will be making these for you at the Saturday night dinner.

Same schedule as last year. We hope to see everyone from last year plus a lot more.

Check out our web site and click on the photo of the camp cooking set. I have them for sale and will be bringing a few to all the Rallies.

Let us know when and what site you are on at Ripplin Waters RV campgrounds.
Your Hosts Jim & Regina

PS It is Halloween time so come prepared to show us your decorations.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #132
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
OK so I must have been on drugs last night. Try this one and see how it sounds.
Hello to all,

The Dutchstream Rally is only 77 day away [Oct. 1-3, 2010] Don't forget to get your reservations in at ripplinwatersrv.com. This will be a larger rally than last year. Working at the Lodge Store in Sevierville lets me talk to a lot of people. I have been passing out cards for this rally.

Bush's bean has opened their new store, museum [that you can inter act with] and a deli. They have great food and a friendly staff. Anyone interested in going on Friday Oct. 1, 2010 around 11 o'clock let me know so I can let Bush's know how many to expect. I chocked a few recipes out of Duke [the dog]. He is OK now so I didn't hurt him much. We will be making some these recipes for you at the Saturday night dinner.

Same schedule as last year. We hope to see everyone from last year plus a lot more.

Check out our web site [dutchstream4757.webs.com] and click on photos, then the camp cooking set. You will have to click the photo again when it comes up. I have them for sale and will be bringing a few to all the Rallies.

Let us know when and what site you are on at Ripplin Waters RV campgrounds.

Your Hosts Jim & Regina

PS It is Halloween time so come prepared to show us your decorations at the October Rally.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:06 AM   #133
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hi Sarge,

You can tour the museum 7 days a week. Bush's bean are not open on Sundays. Saturday you can take the grand kids there and still be back in time for our pot luck diner that night. The tour is self guided so you can spend as much time there as you want. The Cafe is attached to the building. It is about 6 or 7 miles from the campground. I have the tour for Friday cause most rallies I've attended, a lot of folks get there the day before. We like to do that so we are not in the hassle of trying to set up with everyone else.

Another reason is we eat late on Saturday morning and then have open house. If most are agreeable we could eat earlier and not have the open house tour. This rally is for everyone so everyone has a say in it. We can change things for next year.

I'll post this on the Air Stream forum.

Hope to see and meet you Sarge and the grand kids.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:23 AM   #134
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
Jim & Regina:

I decided I needed a break from work, so Natalie & I will be there on 9/30. Last year was too much fun! Count us in on everything! If there is anything we can do to help, pm me.

regards, Terry

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Old 07-24-2010, 04:50 AM   #135
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Great to hear that you will be able to join us for the Dutchstream Rally. This should be another fun time.

See ya there
Old 07-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #136
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Maple Plain , Minnesota
Dutch Oven Rally

Jim, sounds like you are really "into" DOC and planning on a larger attendance to this year's rally. I wish we could make it.

The next issue of Airstream Life Magazine has my article on Dutch Oven Cooking. I wish we could have found some way to talk as it would have made an interesting part of the story. I hope it inspires more people to come to your rally and learn about this enjoyable way of camp cooking.

Have fun and good cook'n and eat'n!
tomp1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:45 AM   #137
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hi Tom P, Wish we could have got together to do your article. This year just seams to be running wild. I hope to slow down soon.

We just returned from the Mile High Campgrounds on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We had a great time and met a lot of nice folks.The weather up there was very cool and we had to wear a sweatshirt in the evenings. Sunday morning it was 60 degrees. I think the high was in the mid 80's. This rally or DOG is the last weekend in July. Call and make reservations for next year. We did before we left. Get on my dutchstream web site for photos. Oh yeah no electric, water or sewer hook ups. They do have running water and flush toilets up by the office. You can run your generator for 2 hours a day from 9 AM to 6 PM. A lot of the sites do have a spectacular view overlooking the mountains. Come join us you will have a great time.

Dutchstream rally is Oct. 1-3, 2010. Make sure you make this rally.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #138
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Tyler , Texas
We hope to make it. I'll do my best to work my schedule around it. We haven't done any DO cooking in years and will try and whip up a few things between now and October. We had to borrow a DO from my wife's dad today. It's only a 10" so we'll be looking for another larger one to round us out.

Okay, I see in the photos from last year that you are cooking on top of some kind of pan. Can you give some details on how those work and where you find them?

Thanks,
Stephen
Old 08-16-2010, 05:45 AM   #139
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Good Morning Stephen,

Glad to see you found us. what I use to cook on is a painters stand. It will hold up to 350 Lbs. It costs $39.95 plus tax at the Tool store by the campgrounds. It is real light weight. I put a dog watering dish on top of the stand. This is so my legs from the Camp Dutch Oven doesn't fall though the cracks. I get them at Wal-Mart. They will only fit up to a 12" oven. My wife found a larger one at the co-op the other day. this one is about 17" in diameter with higher sides.

Check out our web site at dutchstream4757.webs.com There you can find some photos of the recipe we have cooked. This is in the photo section. I'll be adding more as I get the photos of the stuff I cook.

In Rush, Texas at the KOA they have a Potjie rally on Labor day weekend. These are the large kettle like pots form Best Deal. People come from Africa, Australia and all over for that rally. Check out the Rusk, Texas KOA for info on that rally. I would like to go there next year.

Whatcha cookin'
Jim Rogers
Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #140
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Tyler , Texas
Any particular area in the campground that folks are parking in? Are we trying to get spots near each other? I've never been there, is it nicer near the river? I need to make reservations ASAP since I just found out I will have enough time off to attend.

Thanks,
Stephen and family

Tags
rally, sevierville tn