Old 09-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Ours Researved??

[QUOTE=James Rogers;744754]Here is a start on our food list. All you have to do is copy and paste and then add what you are sharing with the rest of us. Thank You
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX
James,
I just called and researved site #23, I am a member of WBCCI #2500. We will leave and come down on Thurs 10/1 and be there until Sun, there is a couple of drawbacks that may change this,
1) the wife has to work that weekend so she may not be able to stay sat & sun.
2) kids have school fri, I will have to check and see they will let them out school for that day which also happens to be Ballon Day so basically there wont be no school.
My wife makes a killer apple/cherry pie cake so I am going to beg for her to commit to make some.
We bought our cast iron there at Lodge and have been wanting to learn more about cooking in them so this will be a good thing, hope to learn alot.
Question: Why have you not contacted Lodge Cast Iron there in Sevierville and ask them about something with this, I know the lodge company likes to participate in this sort of thing and have cook outs. Lodge has been in existance since 1896.

Mark "Sarge" Hutchens
Patty Hutchens
Grandchildren;
Blake, Hannah, Katelyn

Old 09-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #58
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hi Sarge, Let me ask you a question first, are you going on the tour with us and how many? We stopped a Lodge in Sevierville and they gave us some yellow shopping bags with their logo on them. They didn't seem to want to offer anything else. Should I go ask them for something that I don't know about? We live in Dandridge and will be in Sevierville the next two days.

Alansd hope you can make our rally. If not we will see you at your "Falluminum" rally in Hiawassee, Georgia October 22, 2009. We might have a flat rock for you to cook on. If you would prefer I have extra Dutch Ovens that you could us. I will bring all my ovens with us.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:40 AM   #59
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cloudland , Georgia
The Lodge factory is in South Pittsburg, TN., which is just a few minutes from where we live. I had plans to drive over there in the next day or so to get a 2 quart DO and possibly a table. They have a factory seconds outlet there with some pretty good buys. I can mention our plans to them while I am there to see if there might be some interest in Lodge participating somehow if you'd like.

By the way, if anyone needs anything in particular while I'm there I don't mind trying to find it for you.
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
StanandLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:20 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Dutch Oven Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rogers View Post
Hi Sarge, Let me ask you a question first, are you going on the tour with us and how many? We stopped a Lodge in Sevierville and they gave us some yellow shopping bags with their logo on them. They didn't seem to want to offer anything else. Should I go ask them for something that I don't know about? We live in Dandridge and will be in Sevierville the next two days.

Alansd hope you can make our rally. If not we will see you at your "Falluminum" rally in Hiawassee, Georgia October 22, 2009. We might have a flat rock for you to cook on. If you would prefer I have extra Dutch Ovens that you could us. I will bring all my ovens with us.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
James,
I actually have plans on that tour, if we do get to come there would definatly be at least 2 adults and 2 grandkids, once I check with my daughter there may be another grandchild.
But this all depends on the school.
I do know one thing for sure, if we do not get to camp I will drive down on friday night for the cookout.
As far as Lodge you might try the website, Lodge Cast Iron Cookware - America's Original Cookware - South Pittsburg, TN USA, I am surprised that the store did not ask more questions. Did you speak to the manager or one of the workers, this makes a big difference. I did email the company and told them of this rally in hopes they would get back with you, of coarse being a holiday may not hear anything until the end of this week.

Sarge
Old 09-08-2009, 07:10 AM   #61
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Sarge,
That sounds great. The more we have the better. If you have never toured the Bush's Bean plant you will be impressed with the "GREEN" the do.

Bring your grandchildren. What age are they. WE want to be able to include them in our activities.

I'll go down to Lodge today or tomorrow and see what else we might be able to get from them.

We went to the Corn Bread Festival in South Pittsburg last April. Johnny Nix was there cooking. He made a delicious blueberry dump cake. I also bought his "All Time Favorite Recipes" book. I was thinking of having a rally down there next April, the same time as the Corn Bread Festival. Let me know if there are any campgrounds close by that we could use. Martha Stewart had representation there giving a lot of stuff away. Great tour of the Lodge factory. And I spent a lot of money in there store.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #62
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Update on who will be attending the rally.

# 3 - Dayle [Tour]

#4 - Jim & Regina [your Hosts] [Tour]

#5 - Gregth

#8 - Lemontree [Tour]

# 18 & 19 - 2 wired

# 23 - SARGE/AF [Tour]

A big Welcome to all of you
Old 09-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
Dutch Oven Rally

Jim:
Thanks for re-sending the rally info. Just made reservations for thurs. to sun. I also think I got B & C to join us also. We are taking them to the Lodge Factory in Pittsburg Wed. to get dutch ovens. I think we might try making the bread mentioned in an earlier thread, and not sure what else, but when I decide, I'll let ya know. See ya down the road.
Steelegood .
Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #64
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Kids Age

Bring your grandchildren. What age are they. WE want to be able to include them in our activities.
I'll go down to Lodge today or tomorrow and see what else we might be able to get from them.
We went to the Corn Bread Festival in South Pittsburg last April. Johnny Nix was there cooking. He made a delicious blueberry dump cake. I also bought his "All Time Favorite Recipes" book. I was thinking of having a rally down there next April, the same time as the Corn Bread Festival. Let me know if there are any campgrounds close by that we could use. Martha Stewart had representation there giving a lot of stuff away. Great tour of the Lodge factory. And I spent a lot of money in there store.[/QUOTE]
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXX
James, they are Blake age 10, Hannah & Katelynn age 8, and I really hope to have them with us and be able to attend.
I have been through the factory tour but that was years ago when driving truck and delivered a load of can lids.
Maybe the other couple going to the factory can talk to them for you as they will be right there. Maybe the factory will donate something for a giveaway.

Mark & Patty
Old 09-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemontree View Post
The Lodge factory is in South Pittsburg, TN., which is just a few minutes from where we live. I had plans to drive over there in the next day or so to get a 2 quart DO and possibly a table. They have a factory seconds outlet there with some pretty good buys. I can mention our plans to them while I am there to see if there might be some interest in Lodge participating somehow if you'd like.

By the way, if anyone needs anything in particular while I'm there I don't mind trying to find it for you.
Maybe you can let the factory media person about this rally we have and see if they want to participate, if not this one at least in the next.

Mark & Patty
Old 09-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #66
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Lemontree are you close enough to go to the Lodge Factory and see if they would be willing to give us something for a door prize? I'll check the Lodge outlet store in Sevierville.

Looks like we will have a great turn out. See you all in 21 days.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #67
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
Update on who will be attending the rally.

# 3 - Dayle [Tour]

#4 - Jim & Regina [your Hosts] [Tour]

#5 - Gregth

#8 - Lemontree [Tour]

# 18 & 19 - 2 wired

# 23 - SARGE/AF [Tour]

# 24 Steelegood [Tour]

A big Welcome to all of you
Old 09-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #68
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hey silverhobby do you think you and your friends will be going to the Bush's Bean tour with us? You could meet us at the campgrounds or I can give you the direction. We would love to have you come alone.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #69
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Just remember to copy & paste to add to the list

RAFFLE: Bring an unwrapped item to give away at the RAFFLE on Saturday night after dinner. Turn your raffle gift in Saturday and pick up your ticket. One ticket per gift.

RECIPE EXCHANGE: Please bring copies of your recipes if you would like to share with others.

Meet and Greet
at pavillion Thursday & Friday around 6 PM

Please add to the list of what you are sharing and for what meals

All meals will be at the Pavillion.

Happy Hour [Bring your drink of choice]
Friday at site # 4 at 5PM

THURSDAY EVENING
Any Suggestions? Pot luck - Pizza or ???

FRIDAY MORNING
Breakfast on your own. Load up by 9 AM for Bush’s Bean tour. [Car pool.]

FRIDAY LUNCH

Return trip from Bush’s Bean tour lunch will be at Clint’s BBQ (Dutch treat).

FRIDAY EVENING 6 PM
Jim - Pigs in Corn Field [Dutch Oven]

SATURDAY BRUNCH 9 AM. TOUR OF HOMES will be after Brunch.
Jim - Orange Juice & cups
Jim - Hungry Man Breakfast [with meat]

SATURDAY EVENING 6 PM
[Dutch Oven night]
Jim - Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops [Dutch Oven]

SUNDAY MORNING
The campground provides church service in the pavillion at 10 AM. If anyone is interested we will do pot luck breakfast at our site # 4.

Don’t forget to bring your own utensils, cups and plates to each meal as well as a big appetite.

MISC ITEMS
Jim - Paper Plates and bowls, Plastic cups, forks, spoons and knifes.
Dayle - Large coffee pot
Gregth - Coffee
Old 09-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #70
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
I don’t know if this is good news or bad. I just returned from Ripplin’ Waters campground and Charlotte thought that we all might want to be close together so she moved some of us. Here is the new list of sites and who is where. She said that the campground was filling fast.

These are all 30 amp sites. 16 & 17 are 50 amp sites
# 14 Lemontree
# 15 Dayle
# 18 2wired
# 19 2wired
# 20 HOSTS Jim & Regina
# 21 Gregth
# 22 [John] ?
# 23 SARGE/AF
# 24 Steelegood
# 25 [Brent]

This is a great turnout for our first rally. WELCOME to all of you and THANK YOU for making this a successful turn out. We have a few surprises for you that we have not mentions yet.

Tags
rally, sevierville tn