Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Regina and I have been talking about another Air Stream - Dutch Oven Rally sometime in April 2010. We are open for suggestions. I am doing a rally for our East Tennessee Unit on August 12, 13 & 14, 2010. This will be a WBCCI unit rally. The thyme will be Dutch Oven Cooking. You might want to join us. More info on these rallies later. Regina has some wonderful things brewing for us to do. Sound like it will be a lot of fun.

See ya all there.
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rising Fawn , Georgia
We have site #8 from 10/1-10/4. My taste-buds are already in overdrive!
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
StanandLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:11 AM   #43

1999 34' Excella
Oakboro , North Carolina
Gregth,
We'll be happy to bring our large coffee pot.
Dayle & Bonnie
Dayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Louisville , Kentucky
coffee

Great...sounds like a plan...we will bring the coffee and condiments. Thanks. This sounds like a great rally!
gregth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:06 AM   #45
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
We just returned from out unit rally. Some of the people said that they didn't have a Dutch Oven but wanted to come. YOU don't need a Dutch Oven or an Air Stream to come to the rally. Just come on in. All meals are pot luck. Saturday is the only night that we want you to cook in your Dutch Oven if you have one. Come on in and camp and cook with us. I think we have 6 campers so far. Not bad for a first time rally. I would like to thank everybody for coming. This is going to be a fun rally.

Don't forget we are touring the Bush's Bean company on Friday morning at
10:00. All those that are interested can stop with us at Clint's BBQ for lunch [dutch treat] after wards.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #46
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Well only four more weeks till the rally. Anyone going to go to the Bush's Bean tour? Does anyone know what they are going to cook in their Dutch Oven? I was thinking of cooking a desert and/or a main dish. Let us know what's up.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:45 AM   #47

1999 34' Excella
Oakboro , North Carolina
Dutch Oven Rally

We're planning on making the Bush Bean tour with you. We'll have the five-quart dutch oven going with the main meal and the two-quart with desert. Looking forward to the get-together and appreciate you leading the effort, Jim.
Dayle & Bonnie
Old 09-05-2009, 05:57 AM   #48
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rising Fawn , Georgia
We're up for the tour, also. We are bringing a deep #12 and are still considering what to cook. Did you want to try to co-ordinate the meal?
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
Old 09-05-2009, 06:33 AM   #49
Rivet Master

If you love DO cooking or cooking over the open campfire...Campfire Cafe Video Library
ENJOY the slowness of cooking w/ your family!
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:38 AM   #50
Rivet Master

Oh, I almost forgot to mention www.idos.com , but this is for serious folks.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #51
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
This rally is starting to grow. This is great. About coordinating the meal[s] that would be to our advantage. That way we all won't be eating just say deserts. I will try to make what ever is needed to fill in. So let's start a list of what you want to make and go from there.

So far we have 5 trailers, 1 motor home and a few that said they would come and say Hi to us. We will have to see if we have enough food and maybe feed them as well. If I'm not mistaken there is always enough food.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #52

1999 34' Excella
Oakboro , North Carolina
We will bring Shrimp Creole, Rice and Peach Orange Cobbler.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
sounds like a great idea. Checking or calendar, but so far not too promising.
Speaking of the bread posted above, I made bread on a hot rock when I was in the boy scouts...tasted ...well ..OK.
Got me a cooking merit badge though
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #54
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rising Fawn , Georgia
We're thinking chili and cornbread.
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
Old 09-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #55
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Update on who will be attending the rally.

# 3 - Dayle [Tour]

#4 - Jim & Regina [your Hosts] [Tour]

#5 - Gregth

#8 - Lemontree [Tour]

# 18 & 19 - 2 wired
Old 09-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #56
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Here is a start on our food list. All you have to do is copy and paste and then add what you are sharing with the rest of us. Thank You

Jim - Plastic cups, utensils and paper plates.
Jim - Orange juice
Dayle - LARGE coffee pot
Gregth - Coffee

THURSDAY NIGHT
How about ordering Pizza for those that come early

FRIDAY MORNING
We have to leave the campgrounds by 9AM to go to the Bush’s Bean tour. Breakfast will be on your own.

FRIDAY LUNCH

FRIDAY NIGHT

SATURDAY MORNING
Jim - Hungary Man breakfast with meat [12" DO]

SATURDAY LUNCH

SATURDAY NIGHT

SUNDAY MORNING
Old 09-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Ours Researved??

[QUOTE=James Rogers;744754]Here is a start on our food list. All you have to do is copy and paste and then add what you are sharing with the rest of us. Thank You
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX
James,
I just called and researved site #23, I am a member of WBCCI #2500. We will leave and come down on Thurs 10/1 and be there until Sun, there is a couple of drawbacks that may change this,
1) the wife has to work that weekend so she may not be able to stay sat & sun.
2) kids have school fri, I will have to check and see they will let them out school for that day which also happens to be Ballon Day so basically there wont be no school.
My wife makes a killer apple/cherry pie cake so I am going to beg for her to commit to make some.
We bought our cast iron there at Lodge and have been wanting to learn more about cooking in them so this will be a good thing, hope to learn alot.
Question: Why have you not contacted Lodge Cast Iron there in Sevierville and ask them about something with this, I know the lodge company likes to participate in this sort of thing and have cook outs. Lodge has been in existance since 1896.

Mark "Sarge" Hutchens
Patty Hutchens
Grandchildren;
Blake, Hannah, Katelyn
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #58
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hi Sarge, Let me ask you a question first, are you going on the tour with us and how many? We stopped a Lodge in Sevierville and they gave us some yellow shopping bags with their logo on them. They didn't seem to want to offer anything else. Should I go ask them for something that I don't know about? We live in Dandridge and will be in Sevierville the next two days.

Alansd hope you can make our rally. If not we will see you at your "Falluminum" rally in Hiawassee, Georgia October 22, 2009. We might have a flat rock for you to cook on. If you would prefer I have extra Dutch Ovens that you could us. I will bring all my ovens with us.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:40 AM   #59
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rising Fawn , Georgia
The Lodge factory is in South Pittsburg, TN., which is just a few minutes from where we live. I had plans to drive over there in the next day or so to get a 2 quart DO and possibly a table. They have a factory seconds outlet there with some pretty good buys. I can mention our plans to them while I am there to see if there might be some interest in Lodge participating somehow if you'd like.

By the way, if anyone needs anything in particular while I'm there I don't mind trying to find it for you.
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
Old 09-08-2009, 05:20 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Dutch Oven Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rogers View Post
Hi Sarge, Let me ask you a question first, are you going on the tour with us and how many? We stopped a Lodge in Sevierville and they gave us some yellow shopping bags with their logo on them. They didn't seem to want to offer anything else. Should I go ask them for something that I don't know about? We live in Dandridge and will be in Sevierville the next two days.

Alansd hope you can make our rally. If not we will see you at your "Falluminum" rally in Hiawassee, Georgia October 22, 2009. We might have a flat rock for you to cook on. If you would prefer I have extra Dutch Ovens that you could us. I will bring all my ovens with us.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
James,
I actually have plans on that tour, if we do get to come there would definatly be at least 2 adults and 2 grandkids, once I check with my daughter there may be another grandchild.
But this all depends on the school.
I do know one thing for sure, if we do not get to camp I will drive down on friday night for the cookout.
As far as Lodge you might try the website, Lodge Cast Iron Cookware - America's Original Cookware - South Pittsburg, TN USA, I am surprised that the store did not ask more questions. Did you speak to the manager or one of the workers, this makes a big difference. I did email the company and told them of this rally in hopes they would get back with you, of coarse being a holiday may not hear anything until the end of this week.

Sarge
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, sevierville tn