Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2009, 05:18 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
WE are leaving about noon today to go camping at Ripplin' waters today. It is with our E. TN Unit's rally. Friday night dinner at the ball park. Saturday night we go to the Bass Pro for dinner. Tonight I'll make a Dutch Oven dish to pass around for pot luck. It will be a Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole. I hope it come out cause I've never made it before.If you are in the neighborhood stop in.

Miss Sugarfoot my dear, I have looked at the Volcano Lp gas burner. With the size of the charcoals shrinking it take more to cook the regular stuff. And on a cold and windy day the Volcano would be perfect. The Volcano would hold the heat in. I ruined one dessert cause it was really cold and windy out. I'm thinking about one, but not yet.

I'll see you all at the Falluminum rally. Our plans for that have changed. We are going to Florida first. We are going to the first week of Oktoberfest then coming up to the rally. We will be there Thursday Oct. 22.
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:13 AM   #22
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Keeping the Dutch Oven out of the wind is very important.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1644.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	84364  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:59 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Jim, I have my spoon ready for the cobbler!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hey Danalee are you going to make the rally in October? I hope so.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:08 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
About keeping the Dutch Oven out of the wind. I am camping right now at Ripplin' Waters CG. Last night it was windy so I used two collapsible table to block the wind. I should have taken pictures. Maybe next time.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
st louis , Missouri
rally

We are planning a trip to the Smokey Mountains this fall and then I found this rally. I'm calling tomorrow for reservations. 2 trailers will be there from MO.
Looks like great fun.

Dan and Marty
Dale and Carol too.
2wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:00 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Louisville , Kentucky
Just called and made our reservations. We will be arriving Friday and are booked for site 5. The Smokey's in October....it doesn't get any better than that!
gregth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
st louis , Missouri
We reserved spaces 18 and 19 yesterday. We will arrive on the 2nd and are staying for a week. See you soon.

Dan and Marty
Dale and Carol
2wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #29
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I have been looking at this rally for a few weeks now, but we just won't be able to make it. We are going to TN the third week of August for a week, and holding rallies in September in October in Missouri.

Perhaps next year it will work out.

Steve
Old 08-02-2009, 06:09 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hey it looks like we are going to have a lot of cooks. Welcome to the early cooks. I reserved 5 more sites . We now have sites 4 through 13. Don't forget to mention that you are with the Air Stream - Dutch Oven Rally

Site #4 Jim & Regina
Site #5 Gregth
Sites # 18 &19 Don & Marty -Dale & Carol
Old 08-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Air Stream - Dutch Oven Rally 2009
Date: October 2 -3 ,2009

Ripplin’ Waters Campground
Ripplin' Waters Campground & Cabin Rentals, Sevierville, Tennessee
1930Winfield Dunn Parkway [Highway 66]
Sevierville, TN 37876
1-888-747-7546 or 865-453-4169
Your hosts are: Jim & Regina 865-803-3963

Located 5 miles south of I-40 at EXIT 407.

I am getting input from friends that have put on rallies and I thought we would give some of it a try.
Don’t forget we need your 2 cents worth, too.

RAFFLE: Bring an unwrapped item to give away at the RAFFLE on Saturday night after dinner. This can be an inexpensive new item, used item, funny, gag or whatever. We will give everyone a ticket that donates a RAFFLE item . By the way this raffle will have a twist to it. My rules.

RECIPE EXCHANGE: For all those delectable Dutch Oven meals that you plan to prepare, please bring copies of the recipes so that we can share our recipes with everyone. After all, we’re always looking for good DO recipes, aren’t we?

FRIDAY EVENING: 6:30PM at our site. This will be a pot luck for the folks that come early, combined with a MEET and GREET.

SATURDAY BRUNCH: 9 AM. We will have the use of the pavillion for a pot luck breakfast. Bring a dish to share [preferably cooked in your Dutch Oven].

After brunch we will do a TOUR OF HOMES. This would be voluntary. If you would like to open your motor home or trailer let us know. We will give you a sign to hang in your front window stating OPEN HOUSE.

SATURDAY EVENING Happy hour starts at 5 o’clock [bring your drink of choice] At 6 or so we will have another pot luck dinner at the pavillion. Don’t forget to save room in your tummies for all the delectable Dutch Oven cuisines prepared by your fellow campers.

After dinner we will start the [twisted] RAFFLE. Don’t forget your tickets. I will hand out the rules at meet and greet. If you can’t make it, come see me at my site. I will have copies there.

SUNDAY MORNING The campground provides church service in the pavillion at 10 AM. If anyone is interested we will do pot luck breakfast at our site.

Don’t forget to bring your own utensils, cups and plates to each meal as well as a big appetite.

Anyone have a large coffee pot and would like to be in charge of making coffee???
Old 08-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
So wish we could be there! Everyone enjoy the yummy Dutch Oven delights for us.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Air Stream - Dutch Oven Rally 2009
Date: October 1 - 4 ,2009

Ripplin’ Waters Campground
1930Winfield Dunn Parkway [Highway 66]
Sevierville, TN 37876
1-888-747-7546 or 865-453-4169
Your hosts are: Jim & Regina 865-803-3963

UPDATE!! We just received confirmation from the BUSH Bean Company. We have a tour of the factory set up for Friday, October 2nd at 10:00 a.m.!! We will leave the campgrounds at 9:00a.m. with our “caravan of cars”. The Bush Bean Company is an extremely “forward thinking” company, having been a “green” company before anyone knew what going “green” meant! You will not want to miss this very educational and interesting tour. Unfortunately, Bush Bean Company does not operate on weekends, so the tour had to be on Friday, so we have extended this rally by one day and will start things on Thursday for all those who are able to get there Thursday afternoon/evening.

RAFFLE: Bring an unwrapped item to give away at the RAFFLE on Saturday night after dinner.

RECIPE EXCHANGE: For all those delectable Dutch Oven meals that you plan to prepare, please bring copies of the recipes so that we can share our recipes with everyone. After all, we’re always looking for good DO recipes, aren’t we?

THURSDAY EVENING: Meet and greet at pavillion around 7PM. At this point we’re thinking that dinner will be “on your own”, but depending on the response and input we get from you all, we can do a pot luck or put our pennies together and order pizza or something like that.

FRIDAY MORNING; Breakfast on your own then load up by 9 AM for Bush Bean tour. On our return trip to the campgrounds from the Bush Bean Company, all those interested can stop with us for lunch at Clint’s BBQ (Dutch treat). It is a local restaurant, not a chain, for all those who like to try “local flavor”. We have something special planned for all those who are able to join us at Clint’s.

FRIDAY EVENING: 6:30PM at our site. This will be a pot luck dinner (Dutch Oven or other), combined with another MEET and GREET for all those new arrivals to mix and mingle with the early arrivals.

SATURDAY BRUNCH: 9 AM. We will have the use of the pavillion for a pot luck breakfast. Bring a dish to share [preferably cooked in your Dutch Oven].

After brunch we will do a TOUR OF HOMES. This would be voluntary. If you would like to open your motor home or trailer let us know. We will give you a sign to hang in your front window stating OPEN HOUSE.

SATURDAY EVENING Happy hour starts at 5 o’clock [bring your drink of choice]. At 6 or so we will have another pot luck dinner. This will be our Dutch Oven dinner for those that are only planning on preparing one meal in their Dutch Oven. After dinner we will start the [twisted] RAFFLE. Don’t forget your tickets.

SUNDAY MORNING The campground provides church service in the pavillion at 10 AM. If anyone is interested we will do pot luck breakfast at our site.

Don’t forget to bring your own utensils, cups and plates to each meal as well as a big appetite.
ALSO - does anyone have a large coffee pot and would like to be in charge of making coffee???
Stay tuned for further updates - we’re planning to have some more surprises…….
Old 08-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Louisville , Kentucky
coffee

hey, we can bring the coffee but we do not have a large pot. Our hobby is "home roasting" which provides a very fresh coffee taste. Our current stash of green beans is from Kenya and is a very good crop. So, that being said...please count us in for the "brew". (sorry we have no pot).
gregth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:39 AM   #35
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
I'll be staying in a cabin with friends and family in nearby Townsend that weekend. Maybe we can drive by and say hello to all you nice AS folks.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #36

1999 34' Excella
Oakboro , North Carolina
Hello Jim,
My wife and I are looking forward to the Dutch Oven rally in October. We'll be on site #3.
Dayle & Bonnie Blackburn
Dayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:08 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Regina and I would like to thank all of you for coming to our first Forum Rally. We now have four trailers and one motor home signed up and one coming over for a visit. This is great.

WELCOME to our new member. You will enjoy the forum site. I've learned a lot from this site as you will also find out.

Silverhobby come on over, pull up a chair, and sit a spell, we would like to meet you. We will be camping at Misty River Campgrounds in Townsend on September 18 - 20, 2009. It is our unites business meeting. If you are in the area come on in and stay with us. There should be a lot of Aluminum.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:42 AM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rising Fawn , Georgia
We are just down the road a bit on Lookout Mountain. Sounds like a fun and delicious rally, especially since we have just started getting into DO cooking. Fall is a wonderful time to be in the Smokies. Don't have any special recipes but have cooked some killer ribs and a decent Shepard's Pie. Definitely interested in learning more about it! Any advice on lot reservations?
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
StanandLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Web sites for Air Stream - Dutch Oven Rally

Discussion:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...lly-53954.html

Campgrounds

To RSVP
http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...=2009-10-2&c=1

We have 10 lots reserved on the river. Check out these sites. We are on site #4. We are going to the Bush Bean Factory Friday morning so if you can get in Thursday night you could ride over with one of us. The tour starts a 10AM. We need to be there about 10 minutes early.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #40
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
Yum!

How I wish we could be there. We're new to the AS world and we bought a vintage kin TT in July that we are restoring and I am already impatient to finish it as I want to attend these rallies! Many sound awesome and this Dutch Oven Rally takes the cake - no pun intended. So, we'll wish for speedy construction this winter and hope to see y'all next year. I hope someone has another Dutch Oven Rally in 2010!!!!!!!!

Tina Nelson
1948 Vintage Kin
St. Louis, MO
oh2bcarefree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, sevierville tn