Old 10-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #155
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Jacksons Gap , Alabama
Jim/Regina
Thanks for the great job of hosting. We love your cooking.
The tour of Bush Beans was a great side trip. We want to go back again.
See you in Hiawassee at the end of the month.
Frank & Reba

Old 10-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #156
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Hey Jim & Regina,
Do you think that the DutchStream for 2012 can be moved 1 weekend earlier or later? My wife works on the weekends you have now and she is only off every other weekend and I really want to attend.

Sarge

Old 10-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #157
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hi Sarge

Next year September and October are going to be real busy for me. In September a bunch of us will be going to Paint Rock Valley Lodge for 5 days. This is a fun event. Google them to see what it is all about.

In October I'll be going to the 2012 National Dog Cook Off in Texas. I'll leave somewhere around the 10 or 12 and be gone for 2 weeks.

The Dutchstream rally will have to be changed to another time. I'm open for suggestions.

Jim Rogers aka dutchstream
Old 10-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #158
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
[Dutch Oven Gathering]
Saturday Nov. 12, 2011
Jim & Regina 865-803-3963
272 Very Old Barton Trail
Dandridge, TN 37725

All of my DOG's and Rallies are open to anyone that cooks with cast iron, would like to learn about cooking with cast iron, would just like to bring a dish to pass, hanging around and eat with us.

Come out and join us. We are having another DOG [Dutch Oven Gathering] at our house. We live on Douglas Lake. The cooking will be on Saturday, eat at 5 PM. Bring your Dutch Oven and come out and join the fun . We will have a big campfire to sit by and relax after a great meal prepared in a Dutch Oven. If you have friends interested in cooking, bring them along.

Let us know if you are planning to come to our DOG, how many in your group, and what you are cooking.
Call 865-803-3963 or check us out at dutchstream.webs.com

Don't forget to bring your lawn chairs, utensils and something to drink.

Directions [Some GPS are wrong]

On I -40 take Exit 417 to Dandridge, TN. Turn south on 92 [at bottom of ramp]. Follow 92 over big green bridge. Go about 7 miles to
Indian Creek Road [also 363] and turn left. Go less than 1 mile to Sandy Ridge Road and turn left. Go about 1/2 mile to Stillhouse Road [just past white picket fence on your left] and turn right. Go to first road on your right at bottom of steep hill. Turn onto Very Old Barton Trail and follow to our house. We have all the huge rocks at our driveway. Turn right and follow gravel drive to your right. This will take you to our cooking area down by the lake.

Our dog does not play well with others so you might want to leave your dog at home.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #159
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
FIRST DOG of 2012
[Dutch Oven Gathering]
JANUARY 28, 2012
Dandridge, TN 37725

All of our DOG's and Rallies are open to anyone that cooks with cast iron, would like to learn about cooking with cast iron, would just like to bring a dish to pass, hanging around and eat with us.

Come out and join us for our FIRST DOG of 2012. We are having another DOG [Dutch Oven Gathering] at our house on beautiful Douglas Lake. With the weather being cool we are going to do the cooking up by the house. Then we can take the food inside to eat. WE WILL EAT AROUND 4PM. Make sure you get here early enough to cook your food. If you have friends interested in cooking, bring them along.

Let us know if you are planning to come to our DOG, how many in your group, and what you are cooking.
Call 865-803-3963 or check us out at dutchstream.webs.com

On I -40 take Exit 417 to Dandridge, TN. Turn south on 92 [at bottom of ramp]. Follow 92 over big green bridge. Go about 7 miles to Indian Creek Road [also 363] and turn left. Go less than 1 mile to Sandy Ridge Road and turn left. Go about 1/2 mile to Stillhouse Road [just past white picket fence on your left] and turn right. Go to first road on your right at bottom of steep hill. Turn onto Very Old Barton Trail and follow to our house. We have all the huge rocks at our driveway.

Our dog does not play well with others so you might want to leave your dog at home.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #160
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Hey Jim,
I bumped up on a program on Blue Ridge RFD tv station, it is called Camp fire cooking, the program gave the name of their website Welcome | Campfire Cafe Cooking Video Library check it out and see what you think, maybe we can invite them to one of your Dutch oven Gatherings.

Sarge
NRA, DAV, PGR, DRA
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #161
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
DOG
[Dutch Oven Gathering]
March 24, 2012
Dandridge, TN 37725

"Let's take a step back in time"

After a cowboy being on his horse all day tending cattle he would come back to camp for some grub. The cook is making the meal over an open fire in his cast iron pot [s]. The smell makes the cowboy even hungrier. He get a plate full, goes to find a place to sit and eat. After eating he would sit back and talk or tell jokes by a camp fire. Maybe a cowboy would have a guitar or some other instrument and sing or play us a few songs. If you know of anyone that plays bring them along to play for us. Come out and cook with us in your cast iron pots just like our ancestors did.

Our camp site is set up so you can cook with an open fire or charcoal briquettes.
NO buffalo chips please.

All of our DOG's and Rallies are open to anyone that cooks with cast iron, would like to learn about cooking with cast iron, or would just like to bring a dish to pass, hanging around and eat with us. Don't forget your chairs and something to drink.

If you have already purchased your cast iron, bring it, all your fixens to cook and anything you will need to prepare it. If you do not know how to cook with your cast iron let me show you how. Come early and I will help you get started.

On I -40 take Exit 417 to Dandridge, TN. Turn south on 92 [at bottom of ramp]. Follow 92 over big green bridge. Go about 7 miles to Indian Creek Road [also 363] and turn left. Go less than 1 mile to Sandy Ridge Road and turn left. Go about 1/2 mile to Stillhouse Road [just past white picket fence on your left] and turn right. Go to first road on your right at bottom of steep hill. Turn onto Very Old Barton Trail and follow to our house. We have all the huge rocks at our driveway. Also look for the DOG at the end of our Drive.

Our dog does not play well with others so you might want to leave your dog at home. Thank You

“I wasn’t born a cowboy but I’m getting there as fast as I can“. Dutchstream

Visit my web site for photos, recipes, accessories for sale and coming events

dutchstream4757.webs.com dutchstream47@gmail.com

Tags
rally, sevierville tn