Old 09-24-2004, 04:29 PM   #113
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Thanks Tracy!!!

Heard from the auto-body earlier today.... they hadnt' even finished the list of things wrong with the truck, when they decided to total it..... Yeah (I think... I still owe on it...).... that takes care of the screwed transmission from the Las Vegas trip... just wish I wouldn't have sunk almost $600 into it last week for a transmission flush, oil change, coolant change, and new tie-rods......

Insurance lady is gone until Tuesday for her to OK this.

Not to jump the gun, but I have a nice used F150 picked out... can't decide on that or a new one.... I don't like the new body style.... I guess y'all will see my decision soon enough though.

I'll check in again soon. Hope all is well.....

Ron

Old 09-25-2004, 07:34 AM   #114
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
1969 29' Ambassador
Winthrop Harbor , Illinois
Cool Is it too late?? Naw!

Just thought I'd drop a note to the toga-toting, goat bunch. I'm not positive yet, but I think Haley, myself and the boys will be there late Friday. I will confirm this week.

Gee, if I can drive to MVSP for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then surely Eric (SilverTwinky) can do it. After all, we live 3 miles apart.

Ooohhh the pressure.

I will get back to everyone soon.

Curtis

It's always Monday morning,
until it's Friday night - 1985
Cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:11 AM   #115
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottage
Just thought I'd drop a note to the toga-toting, goat bunch. I'm not positive yet, but I think Haley, myself and the boys will be there late Friday. I will confirm this week.

Gee, if I can drive to MVSP for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then surely Eric (SilverTwinky) can do it. After all, we live 3 miles apart.

Ooohhh the pressure.

Curtis
But, when I asked, Eric said that if he comes to the rally, he wanted to tow the tub too. He might have work interfering with this as I recall. So maybe by adding a little more encouragement, something will change?
Phil
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:34 AM   #116
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
New Aluminum???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue
But, when I asked, Eric said that if he comes to the rally, he wanted to tow the tub too. He might have work interfering with this as I recall. So maybe by adding a little more encouragement, something will change?
Phil

Oh, and by the way, I forgot to ask about Eric's new "aluminum tub". When I met Eric, he was in the store picking up his Bambi, and getting the hitch put on his Impala. I understand that he now has traded in the Bambi, and gotten a bigger model!

Now, let me see if I can figure out what I am doing. I am trying (very trying, according to my wife) to arrange our trip so that we can swing through MVSP Friday evening. If we leave home by about 3pm, we would presumably be there about 6:30pm or so. Since we are planning to drive through the night to get to her mom's house in NC Saturday afternoon, we would only stay for a little while to visit. We are hoping to see whatever trailers and folks are there, then hit the road running. So, here's to whomever can arrange an "early" arrival!

Phil (and Sue)

(PS, and no tub in tow... )
AIR 1753
Old 09-29-2004, 07:15 AM   #117
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
I sent off the paper work on the 23rd. I hope that I get something back before we leave for Airscream. We are heading out Thursday afternoon. Shoud get in around 4-6pm time frame. Will be there all day Friday Saturday and leave Sunday around noon. No Airsteam yet. I will try to have a photo album for anyone to look at.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 04:13 PM   #118
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Got my papers today!!!!

Permit number MRV-1181 site P-39 (again) Don't want to bring down the property values for the Airstreams.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
Happy wife, happy life.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:24 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Airstream Excitement.....

This thread is so exciting and busy.. NOT!!

Yoooooooo Hooooooooo everybody!

Where are You???????????
Old 09-30-2004, 04:39 PM   #120
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Well, it's the end of the month and I am sorry to say, we will have to meet up at some other point. There isn't any way out of the next few busy weekends. Hope you all have a great time. Remember to take pics and post!
Old 09-30-2004, 08:18 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Happy Airscreamers

Hi! Larry and I are planning on joining you all at MVSP if all goes well. We sent in our reservations and are hoping to hear something back by the time it is time to go. We are hoping to arrive there on Thurs. night. We will be towing our little Argosy Minuet with the Ford E350 van.
What is the plan for the potluck? Is that still on? Please send more detail on anything we need to drag along for the Halloween festivities and food for the fun.
Thanks for planning this. Sounds like fun. Look forward to meeting everyone.
Larry & Lou
Ohio
Old 09-30-2004, 09:27 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
... we will have to meet up at some other point. ...
Hi, Eric. Sorry to see that you won't make it. In my last post I commented that if you did come, maybe I'd see your new trailer! I saw/heard/read that you had traded in your Bambi that my wife (Sue) and I saw when you were picking it up from the RV sales. How is the new trailer treating you?

I hope we'll make it out to one, maybe the springtime one. If so, I suspect you will too.

Phil
AIR 1753
Old 09-30-2004, 10:25 PM   #123
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue
Hi, Eric. Sorry to see that you won't make it. In my last post I commented that if you did come, maybe I'd see your new trailer! I saw/heard/read that you had traded in your Bambi that my wife (Sue) and I saw when you were picking it up from the RV sales. How is the new trailer treating you?

I hope we'll make it out to one, maybe the springtime one. If so, I suspect you will too.

Phil
It is true, the Bambi is in someone else's hands now. We traded it back in December when we traded to our new 2004 Safari SS (six sleeper).

Also about a month ago, we retired the Impala SS as the primary tow vehicle with a 2004 Suburban. We still have the Impala, but now we just drive it, or I should say I drive it around as a free spirit, released from the burdens of 6300lbs behind it.

I suspect we'll see everyone in the spring time.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:12 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
New Airstream, New Tow Vehicle: No Pictures????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
It is true, the Bambi is in someone else's hands now. We traded it back in December when we traded to our new 2004 Safari SS (six sleeper).

Also about a month ago, we retired the Impala SS as the primary tow vehicle with a 2004 Suburban. We still have the Impala, but now we just drive it, or I should say I drive it around as a free spirit, released from the burdens of 6300lbs behind it.

I suspect we'll see everyone in the spring time.
Thanks for your update. I am sorry that I/we will have to wait that long.

Congrats on the new/replacement TT and tank (just kidding!!!). But, I cannot find a link to your pictures. Or, do you not have any posted?

I am looking forward to next week: my wife and I are getting a jump on our trip by leaving as soon as she is off work (2:00). So, I am expecting to roll into MVSP about 5:30 or so, and will stop and chat for just a short while. Then, we're (my wife, our dog Buffett and I) on the road until Saturday about 5:30pm or so when we should arrive in Weaverville, NC.

So, see you (whomever arrives early enough) in a week!

Phil
AIR 1753
Old 10-02-2004, 05:49 PM   #125
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
So from the looks of it, there are 6 of us for Airscreem??? How you doing Ron???
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
Happy wife, happy life.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:20 PM   #126
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
Dogs welcome?

Hey, if dogs are welcome at this rally, I'll make reservations ASAP! Our schedule just rearranged itself enough so we can come.....
I will tell you straight up, my dogs aren't the best behaved, but neither are they the worst..... they are big, love people, and kept on leash..... we do set up a fenced area for them.... this would be a hoot!

Elizabeth in Iowa