Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-16-2004, 08:21 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
COOL deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sovereign
Hi,

My kids that will definitely come are Jim, 11, and Eileen 14. I have a 16 year old Susan that is only a slim chance and an 18 year old that definitely won't come. Knowing that there would be someone near her age might provide some incentive for Susan but she is less and less enthusiastic about extended periods of quality time with her family in the absence of television

Looking forward to our first rally,

Kristin
Your older kids will be missing out on a lot of fun.. we're not OLD and BORING people, ya know.

My own kids are 26 and 31, and have said that we're pretty cool, as far as PARENTS go.

We don't do without TV when we camp, either! Unless we listen to the stereo or watch DVDs.

Looking forward to meeting you all...

RaChelle
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 10:13 PM   #102
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue
Howdy, Eric. Hope you can make it, and if not for camping, maybe for a visit like I am trying to arrange.
It'd be nice, but it is way too far for a simple visit. If I were to come down there, I'd have the alum tub in tow.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 04:53 AM   #103
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
What am I Missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
It'd be nice, but it is way too far for a simple visit. If I were to come down there, I'd have the alum tub in tow.

Of COURSE you should bring your aluminum tub.. and stay for the whole weekend.

We're going to have boiling cauldrons, how cool is THAT?

Seriously, I know EXACTLY how it is to be stuck working. If you can't make it this time, we'll try again. Maybe Jack will put together the Midwest Rally again next year?

I am starting to feel the crunch of the seasons... there are autumn leaves stratingt o fall and that will mean the end of camping soon, for this year. Not to mention the end of SUMMER itself.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:15 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
a new camper???

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
My papers are still on my desk as of now. We have had som major financial issues here, that and now there is a new camper coming, due around April/May. If things go the way I want, this pay check will have the moneys for Airscream and the papers will go out. I'm trying for the same spot I had at the Forum Rally.

For heaven's sakes, Tedd, you had me going there, for a minute.
By "new camper," I thought you meant you bought another Airstream!
Old 09-17-2004, 03:07 PM   #105

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Midwest Forums Rally 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo-kid1
Seriously, I know EXACTLY how it is to be stuck working. If you can't make it this time, we'll try again. Maybe Jack will put together the Midwest Rally again next year?
Unless something else comes about, I will be putting together another Morraine View rally next June. Pencil it in most likely as the second weekend in June.....but we won't start that thread till late winter/early spring. I don't think the forum is ready for toga talk yet!

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:00 PM   #106
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
how bout a lutefisk rally.....

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:17 PM   #107
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Talking Toga, Toga, Toga...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
...I don't think the forum is ready for toga talk yet!

Jack
Toga... Toga!!! TOGA!!!!

(Ooops, I think SilverTwinkie is supposed to say this... )

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 04:50 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
on behalf of Ron (tin can luv)

Ron is having computer problems and will be back as soon as possible...........

in the meanwhile, people, sign up for Airscream and give him a pleasant surprise!
Old 09-21-2004, 10:05 PM   #109
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Missed Me * Missed Me * Now Ya Gotta KISS ME! XOXO

Wow.........lose contact with the forum for a few short months and what happens?........well......apparantly nothing.

I'd be lying if I didn't tell you I'm somewhat disappointed in this thread. Where's the Toga talk? What about the malicious threats? Where's the ersatz lasciviousness? Is this the same group of people from the Midwest Rally in June? I do suppose this thread doesn't go without promise; talk of goats and their uses by a strange "Margarita Mike" character who vanished as mysteriously as he appeared, bubbling batches of witches brew, and the potential for a campground delivery! Somebody grab some sheets and boil some water! We can birth this baby - I've seen it done on the Love Boat)

Seriously (did I just say I was going to be serious? Is this possible?....hmmm....let me give it a try)
Last year we tried to organize a fall rally after a wonderful spring rally. It was a DISASTER; Roger and family, Eric and Brandi, Me and Ron and Kid 1/2...... that was all. Kidding aside, we really enjoyed it. And we really enjoyed the company.

So those of you who are still considering joining us, don't let the small size of the group SCARE you away......course if we get a few more joiners we won't be a small group anymore. Deep, eh?

Can't wait!
hotLAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 04:58 PM   #110
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Tracy,
No delivery till (according to the doc) 5/2/05. I think that a small Rally is cool with me and the family. Cody is a differert kid thanks to school being back in session.....mmmm school could have something to do with the small turn out for a fall Rally.
BTW check goes out in the mail tomorrow for our reservation.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:22 PM   #111
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
slight problem

Hello all, taking the advice of Flamingo Kid I ran down to the local library to use their computers.... but I haven't missed much eh?

Monday I was hit by a minivan, hauled off to the hospital, clothes cut off, catheter-ized, and morphined until I was making a fool out of myself trying to cheer all of the emt's and nurses up, as they were full when I was rolled in on my trolley.

I'm fine, very bruised, and my doc gave me some percaset (sp?) today, so I'm feelin quite well....

Unfortunately, my truck isn't, it's a mess, very bent up.... but still no prognosis... if they decide not to 'total' it, will it be done by the rally? Best be, or else, we've got ourselves a problem...

so keep your fingers crossed, we've been planning this too darn long to have it spoiled by this.

GLad you're back Tracey.... was wonderin what happened to ya...

Have to run.. Hope to get my computer back soon.

Ron
Old 09-24-2004, 05:49 AM   #112
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by till
No delivery till (according to the doc) 5/2/05.
What is this? Due 5/2/05....let me use my powers of deduction......You're pregnant!?!?
Congratulations! Gonna be a lot of little ones at the Spring Rally! Wait a second, here. Scrolled up and read a previous post I must've missed. You are EXPECTING a new camper! Well, that's pretty exciting in itself. Congrats just the same! Are you going to get one of those stork signs when your delivery arrives?

Ron, Hope you're feeling better. Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope your truck is totaled (I'm guessing that's what you're hoping for, right?) Get better in time. It wouln't be the same without you guys!
hotLAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 03:29 PM   #113
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Thanks Tracy!!!

Heard from the auto-body earlier today.... they hadnt' even finished the list of things wrong with the truck, when they decided to total it..... Yeah (I think... I still owe on it...).... that takes care of the screwed transmission from the Las Vegas trip... just wish I wouldn't have sunk almost $600 into it last week for a transmission flush, oil change, coolant change, and new tie-rods......

Insurance lady is gone until Tuesday for her to OK this.

Not to jump the gun, but I have a nice used F150 picked out... can't decide on that or a new one.... I don't like the new body style.... I guess y'all will see my decision soon enough though.

I'll check in again soon. Hope all is well.....

Ron
Old 09-25-2004, 06:34 AM   #114
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
1969 29' Ambassador
Winthrop Harbor , Illinois
Cool Is it too late?? Naw!

Just thought I'd drop a note to the toga-toting, goat bunch. I'm not positive yet, but I think Haley, myself and the boys will be there late Friday. I will confirm this week.

Gee, if I can drive to MVSP for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then surely Eric (SilverTwinky) can do it. After all, we live 3 miles apart.

Ooohhh the pressure.

I will get back to everyone soon.

Curtis
It's always Monday morning,
until it's Friday night - 1985
Cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:11 AM   #115
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottage
Just thought I'd drop a note to the toga-toting, goat bunch. I'm not positive yet, but I think Haley, myself and the boys will be there late Friday. I will confirm this week.

Gee, if I can drive to MVSP for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then surely Eric (SilverTwinky) can do it. After all, we live 3 miles apart.

Ooohhh the pressure.

Curtis
But, when I asked, Eric said that if he comes to the rally, he wanted to tow the tub too. He might have work interfering with this as I recall. So maybe by adding a little more encouragement, something will change?
Phil

AIR 1753
Old 09-29-2004, 05:34 AM   #116
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
New Aluminum???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue
But, when I asked, Eric said that if he comes to the rally, he wanted to tow the tub too. He might have work interfering with this as I recall. So maybe by adding a little more encouragement, something will change?
Phil

Oh, and by the way, I forgot to ask about Eric's new "aluminum tub". When I met Eric, he was in the store picking up his Bambi, and getting the hitch put on his Impala. I understand that he now has traded in the Bambi, and gotten a bigger model!

Now, let me see if I can figure out what I am doing. I am trying (very trying, according to my wife) to arrange our trip so that we can swing through MVSP Friday evening. If we leave home by about 3pm, we would presumably be there about 6:30pm or so. Since we are planning to drive through the night to get to her mom's house in NC Saturday afternoon, we would only stay for a little while to visit. We are hoping to see whatever trailers and folks are there, then hit the road running. So, here's to whomever can arrange an "early" arrival!

Phil (and Sue)

(PS, and no tub in tow... )

AIR 1753
Old 09-29-2004, 06:15 AM   #117
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
I sent off the paper work on the 23rd. I hope that I get something back before we leave for Airscream. We are heading out Thursday afternoon. Shoud get in around 4-6pm time frame. Will be there all day Friday Saturday and leave Sunday around noon. No Airsteam yet. I will try to have a photo album for anyone to look at.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:13 PM   #118
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Got my papers today!!!!

Permit number MRV-1181 site P-39 (again) Don't want to bring down the property values for the Airstreams.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:24 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Airstream Excitement.....

This thread is so exciting and busy.. NOT!!

Yoooooooo Hooooooooo everybody!

Where are You???????????
Old 09-30-2004, 03:39 PM   #120
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Well, it's the end of the month and I am sorry to say, we will have to meet up at some other point. There isn't any way out of the next few busy weekends. Hope you all have a great time. Remember to take pics and post!
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote