baked beans-- Alan & Debbie
potato salad-- Drew & Carol

Dessert
cherry dump cake--Richard & Shelly
Harvey Wallbanger Cake
--Klate & Scott
Lemonade Cake--Drew & Carol

Pineapple Upside-down cake --Sandy & Jim

Yum!! We're doing GOOD! Let's keep it going!

FRIDAY NIGHT...PLEASE BRING CHIPS OR DIP, APPETIZER OR DESSERT
TO GO WITHTHE HOTDOGS, OR IF YOU DON'T WANT HOTDOGS,
BRING WHATEVER YOU WANT TO GRILL.

WE ARE NOT SUPPLYING PAPER PLATES, NAPKINS, PLASTICWARE, OR SERVING
UTENSILS, PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN TO THE MEALS...THANK-YOU!!

Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #170
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Helpers Needed...

Got a call last night from Ray & Jan who have been to our past rallys. They are not on the forum, but wanted to let us know they're coming!! That will make 26 trailers..Fantastico! Ray said he talked to Don & Jerri who are also not on the forum and they had other plans but may come at some point too...not sure...but that would be great to see them too!
We will be asking for a couple of people to help Jim grill those 100+ hotdogs on Fri. night!! I will probably need a helper getting the Social Hall prepared and handing out nametags as people come over to meet & greet/happy hour on Fri evening. Then one or two more to help on Sat. after the Open House to count ballots and set up for the evening. Let me know if you can be available...Thanks in advance, Peeps!
We are leaving Wed. morning so that means I have today & tomorrow to finish everything...Yikes!!...But, I think I've got a grip on it...it really hasn't been too hard!
Should be a great time!

Old 04-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #171
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Anyone want my old Airstream curtains?

OH!! BTW...does anyone want our old Airstream curtains? I have the original set (1988) for the trailer and are pinkish off-white. I had to cut the elastic tabs to get them off and they are not clean, but can be washed, I've read. IF anyone wants them let me know ASAP and I will bring them to the rally.
Debi
Old 04-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #172
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Saint louis , Missouri
Suggestions on route to Wanderlust

Hey all - Googlemaps first route choice is to go 65 s. to 86, to 21/221, to 62 to arrive at Wanderlust. I also mapped it 65s direct to 62 to wanderlust. It says it takes 10 minutes/12 more miles to go that way but it looks like it might be better for towing to stay on highways.

Has anyone driven this that can recommend one route over the other from a towing perspective.

Thanks,

Lois
"Homer"
loislane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #173
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
We used to drive that route quite often--they both have plenty of twists and turns (Hwy 86 has more right-angle farmland turns); the trick is to just take your time and not go for any land speed records. The main drags might give the "locals" more opportunity to safely pass... drive safe and arrive in one piece! See ya Friday.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #174
Shelly and Richard

1973 27' Overlander
1959 24' Tradewind
Kopperl , Texas
Shelly and I will be glad to help any way we can. We will be there Thursday some time.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #175
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveluminum View Post
Shelly and I will be glad to help any way we can. We will be there Thursday some time.
Thanks Richard! Lois & Jim has also offered to help, so that will be great! I'll get with you on Thursday.
Debi
Old 04-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #176
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by loislane View Post
Hey all - Googlemaps first route choice is to go 65 s. to 86, to 21/221, to 62 to arrive at Wanderlust. I also mapped it 65s direct to 62 to wanderlust. It says it takes 10 minutes/12 more miles to go that way but it looks like it might be better for towing to stay on highways.

Has anyone driven this that can recommend one route over the other from a towing perspective.

Thanks,

Lois
Lois Lane-- go 65 South (sam's club at 65 and sunshine for any last minute pickups)
65 south to 62 west into Eureka Springs.

65 south from MO line is double highway, 62 west is single lane, wide lanes, big shoulders most of the way to eureka Springs.

86 to 21/221 is not good for trailers. and it is only a few miles shorters.

We'll be ocming in from Tulsa and that last 25 miles on 23 norht will be a doozie!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #177
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
I am so looking forward to this weekend!

Regina bought a new motorcycle and we pick it up in OWassoa on thursday at three, then 412 east to 23 north to the campground!

I polished the Airstream, polished the Suburban and Sophie and Sadie (Our 6 adn 4 yr old grandkids are making the signs!)

And cooking htem eggs! Daughter Sara keeps bringingme farm fresh eggs but I'm going for supermarket jumbos!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #178
59Caravanner

1959 22' Caravanner
Olathe , Kansas
Hello, my name is Joe Sparks, sparks59, I joined the AIR Midwest group last month. I wish I could bring my Airstream to Eureka Spring but I also have a vintage BMW drive that weekend. The drive is in Eureka Spring and I would like to stop by and meet everyone if that was Okay.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #179
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks59 View Post
Hello, my name is Joe Sparks, sparks59, I joined the AIR Midwest group last month. I wish I could bring my Airstream to Eureka Spring but I also have a vintage BMW drive that weekend. The drive is in Eureka Spring and I would like to stop by and meet everyone if that was Okay.
Hi Joe!
That would be great if you could stop by, we would love to meet you and see your BMW!
Our open house is 1-3 on Sat. if that would work for you, if not, anytime is fine, you will find plenty of people to talk to. Hopefully you'll be able to make our fall rally. See you this week-end! My husband and I will be parked in #32, come see us!
Debi & Jim
Old 04-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #180
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
I am so looking forward to this weekend!

Regina bought a new motorcycle and we pick it up in OWassoa on thursday at three, then 412 east to 23 north to the campground!

I polished the Airstream, polished the Suburban and Sophie and Sadie (Our 6 adn 4 yr old grandkids are making the signs!)

And cooking htem eggs! Daughter Sara keeps bringingme farm fresh eggs but I'm going for supermarket jumbos!

So Jim, you say Hwy 23 north from Springdale is a doozy? Oh boy, that's how we are driving tomorrow. We are stopping in Springdale for groceries so I hope to find a big Walmart or Sam's off of 412...we'll look it up.
See you Thursday evening...hope it's a little warmer for Regina's ride!
Debi
Old 04-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #181
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
from Arkansas 412 to Ar 45, 12 and 23 is only about 25 miles from Eureka Springs. for google maps.

At least it's not the "Pig Trail"
Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #182
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Take it from an Ozark Arkie- stay on the biggest roads you can in Northern Arkansas.
Bentonville is the home of Walmart, so plenty well represented in Springdale-Rogers, etc. However, there is no Walmart in Eureka.
They have a Dollar General and a grocery store. Mostly hotels, shops, etc. There is fairly American parking downtown if it isn't Saturday- LOL - but you pay to park. There is also parking at Crescent Hotel - it's haunted. A must see. I have stories!

I don't think any of you would be coming that way, but just in case, do not take 23 North off I-40. We call that "the pig trail" and it includes switchbacks. It isn't as gnarly as the pigtail road in South Dakota. But, if your trailer is long, I wouldn't recommend it. It's not so bad from Rogers to Eureka.

There's a Walmart in Berryville east of Eureka, and everything in Rogers/Bentonville. After that, it's fairly pure Ozarks.

If you come in on 23, and you're hungry, as Murrey said- Bubbas is GOOD.

That white stuff on the road - chicken feathers! Other than Walmart, headquarters, Tyson Chicken, JB Hunt Trucking, and some other stuff is headquartered in the Fayetteville/Bentonville/Rogers area. It's all fairly urban-suburban through there.

Can't wait to see everyone. We're arriving tomorrow afternoon sometime.

I'm bringing beans & ham, calico taters, rolls and chocolate cake. I may do cornbread...but no promise. Hoping someone else will make cornbread!

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote