Old 04-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #127
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Last time we used the Dutch Ovens was when we were without power for 4 days during the Christmas Snow Storm, and we did come up with a new dish.

??????????

Old 04-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #128
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
Getting ready for the Eureka Springs trip! I'm bringing deviled eggs!

Old 04-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #129
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Got my sign made! We'll bring some appetizers (amuse bouche-style). Look foward to seeing you all...
Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #130
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
OK, Sounds Great so far...Sam, can't wait for that new recipe...Yikes! I have to get busy on my sign too! Brian (cctaxidermy) is the artistic guy remember...we have to try to do one up good! Cathy, I didn't think of looking on Pinterest...will have to check that out. Let's get creative!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #131
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
Well I want you guys to know that Regina, my private nurse, has got the weekend off. I've been nuviting the trailer and getting it all spruced up for the trip. I plan on setting the woods on fire when we drive down from Springfield.

A neighbor who has a 34' triple axle gave me a complete set of curtains.... I think they are off white or maybe bone. I'll bring them with me and if you need them I;ll pass them on .... he gave them to me, his airstream days are limited, 84, bladder cancer, wife had stroke, the AS sits in their front driveway. I keep him updated on teh status of our trailer.

He's a nice guy. And I know he'd liek the idea that the curtains are going to someone who needs them. (The didn't fit the windows of my trailer)

oh, I'm bringing deviled eggs. Gosh, has it really been 5 years since the last rally we attended? So much has happened in five years! Deaths, marriages, accidents, retirements, job changes. We are fortunate, Our son, his wife and our four grandkids live next door, our daughter lives at the end of the block, our niece lives in my mother's old house midway between my son and daugher -Her boy is autistic...that's a challenge. they have a big old triple axle Avion that has been parked for 7 or 8 years, our neighbor's kids --who our kids went to school with, all live in the neighborhood and now all the grandkids go to the same schools.

Jeez, no wonder I'm ready to get away and take a trip! Looking forward to it!.

I keep thinking I want to put a hitch on the AS so I can haul a motorcycle trailer to haul Regina's road bike. I thinking about it. She has a Honda Aero 750 and thinks she wants to upgrade to a bmw touring bike.

Me, my balance is off kilter so I don't ride. I'd rather follow in the suburban and sag wagon. I understand that falling down hurts.

Looking forward to the weekend! We've stayed at this campground before, it is great!

Did I tell you I'm bringing deviled eggs? busplunge: How I Spent The Week: In An Airstream Trailer, Drinking Beer And Eating Deviled Eggs
Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #132
Shelly and Richard

1973 27' Overlander
1959 24' Tradewind
Kopperl , Texas
Well, we finally got around to making our sign. Then I went back to look at the sign requirements on your post, and all I can say is maybe we went overboard. Better bring your A game. Ha! Looking forward to it. We just got back from a great rally in Johnson city, and the weather was perfect. A friend and I backpacked in Devil's den in early march, and Shelly and I plan on spending Wednesday night before the rally there. It's a beautiful park. See y'all in a few weeks!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #133

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Unfortunately we will miss the open house but get in Saturday late afternoon and staying until Tuesday. I think this is the largest Spring turnout! 25 trailers and counting!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #134
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
I don't know yet what I'm bringing to potluck!

And we haven't started on our sign. Nor have we done any decorating in our "new" 1987 32'.

We are also arriving on Wednesday. And we plan to eat at Bubba's, too!

We picked our way out of the snowy mountains just fine!

Looking forward to seeing all our old friends, and the new friends we haven't met yet!

Carol

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #135
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
We will bring a corn, green chili, cornbread casserole to the Pot Luck. Similar to a dressing for Thanksgiving Turkey but with a Mexican flare.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #136
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Safari SE
Springdale , Arkansas
Coming for a visit!

Hello Air Midwest,

My Husband & I are so excited that you have chosen Eureka Springs, AR for your rally destination. We live about 30 minutes from Eureka, and currently have been looking to purchase a Airstream for when he retires next year (hopefully). We would really like to come by for a visit since the rally is so close. We have many Airstream questions and would love to come for a visit an seek your Airstream wisdom, before our purchase. My question, which day would be the best day or time to come.

Thanks for any info you can provide to us and we look forward to meeting you in Eureka.

Kim
Old 04-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #137

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsretail6 View Post
Hello Air Midwest,

My Husband & I are so excited that you have chosen Eureka Springs, AR for your rally destination. We live about 30 minutes from Eureka, and currently have been looking to purchase a Airstream for when he retires next year (hopefully). We would really like to come by for a visit since the rally is so close. We have many Airstream questions and would love to come for a visit an seek your Airstream wisdom, before our purchase. My question, which day would be the best day or time to come.

Thanks for any info you can provide to us and we look forward to meeting you in Eureka.

Kim
That's great! Saturday from 1-3 is the open house and most everyone will be there to show off their trailers. Your in luck too since we have a lot there this year.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #138
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
YES! Kim, we would love to have you come for our open house on Sat. as Brad said...Looking forward to meeting you...we know you will get to see a good variety of Airstreams. We won't be hard to find, you'll see all the AS's when you come into the park...just ask anyone you see, we'll probably gather around the social hall at 1 pm to start the tour. See you then!
Debi
Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #139
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Safari SE
Springdale , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsretail6 View Post
Hello Air Midwest,

Kim
Thank you so much! We forward to meeting each of you.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #140
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
FOOD SIGN-UP!! Yes, we need to kind of know what everyone is bringing on SATURDAY POT LUCK so we don't have multiple corn & green chili casseroles!! (haha) Sounds great, Sam!! I am the world's worst at pre-planning a meal, but I have to this time since I'm supposed to be the organizer this go-around. SO, Jim & I are bringing marinated & grilled chicken breasts and jalapeno poppers (he is ambitious!).
Here are the categorys:

MEATS and MAIN DISH CASSEROLES VEGETABLES/CASSEROLES/SALADS
chicken breasts- Jim & Debi corn gr. chili cornbread casserole-Sams
deviled eggs- Jim Lee

APPETIZERS BREADS DESSERTS
amuse bouche-style appetizer-cctaxidermy
jalapeno poppers Jim & Debi

OK...Now I'm ready to add more!!