Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2017, 07:12 PM   #41

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Looks like we have 10 confirmed so far. For those of you who are first timers, we will have a flyer that I'll post a link to that you can print out. It will contain the schedule of events and a list of the attendees and their sites. If you can't print it out, I bring some with me. Also remember that Friday at 5pm is the hot dog fest that kicks off the rally. It will be held at my site and I'll supply the hot dogs and buns, along with relish, mustard, ketchup and bbq sauce. I'll also have napkins, plates, and plastic utensils. You are welcome to bring anything else that you might want to share if you wish.

Also a reminder that alcohol is not allowed to be openly consumed in Illinois state parks, so use discretion regarding your beverages.

Some of us get there on Thursday but there are no activities planned for that day. So if you come Friday, you won't miss a thing. Again please let me know if you are coming so that the flyer information is updated with attendees and that I know how much food for Friday to bring.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Hillsboro , Texas
One or two rallies at Moraine View??

Jack, I'm confused. There's a thread "Leroy was here" rally on June 9 and this one on June 1. Looks like the same group. Please clarify.
WBCCI #4432 & ARC member W9CJX
jwgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:05 PM   #43

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgreen View Post
Jack, I'm confused. There's a thread "Leroy was here" rally on June 9 and this one on June 1. Looks like the same group. Please clarify.
Some folks jumped the gun and reserved the second weekend of June as soon as the park opened the reservation process, prior to my announcement of the rally dates. We tend to do the second weekend in June but I have varied that date once in a great while, mostly because of my prior job's work commitments.

This year I announced the first weekend for 2017 due to issues with my wife's health and medical appointments that we have to adhere to. So there are some who decided to rally on that second weekend due to their travel commitments rather than the rally date I set.

The rally that I have been hosting for the past 15 years will be on the first weekend of June. Next year I hope everyone will wait till I get things set and we won't have the confusion.

Hopefully we will see you at the rally. Thursday is the unofficial kick off, but the activities won't start until Friday the 2nd at 5 pm. Let me know if you have other questions.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
If I'm not mistaken, Jack, all those of us who are meeting up at Moraine View the second weekend in June are doing so because we have other, longstanding commitments the first weekend.

We would have come the first weekend, if we could, and I believe I speak for us all.

Hope to see you next year.

Maggie
Old 05-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #45

Fenton , Missouri
Yep. I know many of you guys have other things on the calendar. Sorry you can't make it. I wish I could commit to that second weekend but things are pretty much out of my hands since we have monthly commitments that we have to keep due the Medicare rules on dialysis treatments and coverage.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We understand.

Maggie
Old 05-11-2017, 08:06 PM   #47
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Ok, Jack... Laurie got the entire weekend off, so I just booked F4. We should be in Thursday evening.

And it appears that P Loop is entirely booked now.
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:15 AM   #48

Fenton , Missouri
Looks like we have a nice group! The ? mark sites are unknown to me as to who has the reservations. If you know please step up to the plate with who you or they are! It's important since I am buying hot dogs and buns in the next couple of weeks for Friday night.

P13 Travellvr
P14 ?
maccamper P15
P16 ?
P17?
jnuechte P18
P19 ?
Silvertwinkie P20
jcanavera P21
P22 ?
P23 ?
F01 Tiki Hut
F02 Cottage
F03 Frelka
F04 85MH325

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Franklin Park , Illinois
Sorry Amy and I had to cancel
(Grosspoluter P14)
Just not willing to try the longer trip down state.
Motor home still has "issues"
we will try to make the Illinois beach state park get together
Grosspoluter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:39 AM   #50
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosspoluter View Post
(Grosspoluter P14)
Sorry to hear that... nothing serious I hope! As a former 325 owner, I know that the old P30 chassis coaches can be a challenge to maintain. We were hoping to see yours this year tho... *sigh* If the 325 had an island queen, we'd probably still have ours too.

Take care!

Rog
Old 05-15-2017, 05:50 AM   #51
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Quote:
(Grosspoluter P14)
Yes, so sorry that you won't be able to make it. We were looking forward to having you as next site/door neighbors during the rally.

nancy mac
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Food List

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post
. . . remember that Friday at 5pm is the hot dog fest that kicks off the rally. It will be held at my site and I'll supply the hot dogs and buns, along with relish, mustard, ketchup and bbq sauce. I'll also have napkins, plates, and plastic utensils. You are welcome to bring anything else that you might want to share if you wish.

Also a reminder that alcohol is not allowed to be openly consumed in Illinois state parks, so use discretion regarding your beverages.

Some of us get there on Thursday but there are no activities planned for that day. So if you come Friday, you won't miss a thing. Again please let me know if you are coming so that the flyer information is updated with attendees and that I know how much food for Friday to bring.

Jack
FRIDAY NIGHT HOT DOG FEST
maccamper -- Baked Beans

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK
maccamper -- Grilled Veggies
Old 05-22-2017, 06:37 PM   #53
3 Rivet Member

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Franklin Park , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325 View Post
Sorry to hear that... nothing serious I hope! As a former 325 owner, I know that the old P30 chassis coaches can be a challenge to maintain. We were hoping to see yours this year tho... *sigh* If the 325 had an island queen, we'd probably still have ours too.

Take care!

Rog

Ya I wanted to sit at you feet and listen to the stories and get your view and words of wisdom of the rolling wreck, but I digress...
Will you be going to the Illinois beach gathering?
Or the rock cut get together
Grosspoluter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #54
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Ya I wanted to sit at you feet and listen to the stories and get your view and words of wisdom of the rolling wreck, but I digress...
Will you be going to the Illinois beach gathering?
Or the rock cut get together
As far as words of wisdom... it's been a LONG time since I had my 325... I bought it in '99 and sold it in '03. Here are some photos of it tho... if it'd had an island queen, we'd probably still have it.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsiNSqtxG

And as far as the other gatherings.. sorry, but no... we just don't go to any of the others as we're strictly SOB moho campers now... and I haven't been a Mod or even on the Forums much in the past ten years... we're pretty much out of the Airstream world. We still come to Moraine View because we were among those who attended the first few (I was still a Mod in those days...) and have made lasting friendships with many of those who attend. They put up with me still.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:35 PM   #55
1 Rivet Member

2016 16' Sport
Cedar Park , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccamper View Post
FRIDAY NIGHT HOT DOG FEST

maccamper -- Baked Beans

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK

maccamper -- Grilled Veggies

Travellvr-- Friday night: potato chips
Saturday potluck: green salad
travellvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:14 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
New concession operators at Moraine View restaurant, boat rentals and bait shop

According to the Pantagraph, our local newspaper, Moraine View State Park has new concession operators for the restaurant, boat rental, bait and supplies shop. They have remodeled the facility and have added kayaks to their boat rentals. Plus they have expanded the restaurant menu.

Here's a link to their website with menu and price info about the restaurant, boat rental, and bait shop.

https://moraineview.com/

nancy mac
Old 05-25-2017, 09:28 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Nancy; FYI I had contacted them and inquired about canoes. I got a reply saying they would reserve some if we gave them a count and also for row boats and kayaks.
I had put this on the "Le Roy" posts hoping someone else would pick up on it. The contact person at the restaurant is Enrique.
I did not want to confuse with Jack's postings.
mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:41 AM   #58

Fenton , Missouri
We are within a week of the early birds showing for our 15th annual rally so here is the site info I have so far.

Traveler P13
maccamper P15
jnuechte P18
Silvertwinkie P20
jcanavera P21
F01 Tiki Hut
F02 Cottage
F03 Frelka
F04 85MH325

I've looked at the long range forecast and for now Thursday through Saturday is rain free with sunny skies. I'll cross my fingers as we get closer and the forecast firms up. Temps are forecast for about 80 in the day and cool nights. Great for a campfire.

All the other things that we do including the Saturday trailer tours, pot luck dinner, and movies are all on. I'll make a decision regarding location for the dinner and movies once I see who else shows. Bottom line we have enough site space to accommodate the food and movie activities.

For the pot luck we always ask if you can contribute a side dish or dessert to share. The meat dish (if you want) is for you only and doesn't need be shared. To avoid duplications please post what you are thinking of bringing and I'll keep a post updated on this thread

If you aren't listed above, please let me know since I need to buy my supplies for the hot dog fest on Friday.

I had to make one change due to some issues here at home, so I won't be getting there until Friday. With that in mind I'm going to push the hot dog fest one hour later on Friday, so will be at my site on 6 pm Friday. I'll be supplying the hot dogs, buns, & paper plates and napkins. I'll also bring mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, and relish. If you would like to bring anything else to share, please feel free.

I'll publish a news letter with the complete schedule, sites and their occupants and other info by next week. You can print a copy from a link I'll provide and I'll bring copies with me that I can give you there. I'll have more information forthcoming in the next few days.

Don't forget a few things. Make sure you have water with you since the sites are electric only. There is a water spigot in the F section that you can string a hose to if you need water. Park water has been known to have some sediment so bring a filter with you if you use or fill at the park water supply. There are two dump stations in the park. One you will pass as you first get into the park and another in front of the park host shack in the front of the camping entry area. Illinois state parks do prohibit open carry and consumption of alcohol so use discretion.

If you have further questions please let me know!

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-25-2017, 06:22 PM   #59
2 Rivet Member

Washington , Illinois
Jack,

We will be bringing Tabouli salad to the potluck. https://www.themediterraneandish.com/tabouli-salad/

Can't wait to meet everyone, we will be arriving Thursday, and it will be myself (Josh), wife (Adrien), and son (Kyle). And our two dogs Molly and Cooper.

Josh
jnuechte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:54 PM   #60

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnuechte View Post
Jack,

We will be bringing Tabouli salad to the potluck. https://www.themediterraneandish.com/tabouli-salad/

Can't wait to meet everyone, we will be arriving Thursday, and it will be myself (Josh), wife (Adrien), and son (Kyle). And our two dogs Molly and Cooper.

Josh
Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing your family.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15