Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #301
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Springfield , Missouri
Little miniature, pastel marshmallows floating in a glass of red wine. . . what a lovely image. And, so tasty!!!
69AirDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #302
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by divadebi View Post
Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself to this forum so I can get the future updates. Hopefully we can meet up with you all this fall.

Debi (and Jim) Rich

Welcome To the group! You made a good observation as to the group. They are a great bunch of people and so much fun to be around. I hope you can make the fall rally... Jack and I took our AS camping at every stage. From nothing inside but a mattress to the completed project..... We alway have so much fun...

We hosted the fall rally last year 2010 and it was a blast!
Right now we are living on the island of AM SAMOA but cannot wait to get back and rally again.....WE LOVE AIRSTREAMING!
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #303
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
The first week in October Charles & I will be visiting my family in Springfield. We look forward to joining the rally in Branson. I think Texas-Muscat-Wine will go well with roasted marshmallows or you can just drink it by itself, I’ll bring some!
See everyone in October, John & Charles
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #304

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&C
The first week in October Charles & I will be visiting my family in Springfield. We look forward to joining the rally in Branson. I think Texas-Muscat-Wine will go well with roasted marshmallows or you can just drink it by itself, I’ll bring some!
See everyone in October, John & Charles
Sounds great! This is a very fun group! I hate that we have to leave Saturday! We will miss all the fun rally prizes!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #305
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Talking Fall Rally, Spring Rally, AIR Midwest

Hi Everyone,
I see some of you are posting on the Spring Rally thread...that's ok, we're just glad you're coming and so happy the AIR Midwest rally is getting so popular. The Spring Rallly thread is still active, and now Terri and I have started Terri's new "threat" as she typo-ed, for the fall rally. (I sort of like it). Is there anyway to combine the two into one AIR Midwest Rally, Mr. Moderator Brad? Geez.... it's ok, but I don't want to get anyone confused. Especially about whether it's spring or fall...oh, that's only me who would get confused about that. I frequently have days and nights mixed up, too.

Anyway, everyone, please, pretty please with toasted marshmallows, and what is it, wine? Uhn, um, anyway, please go to the calendar and rsvp and don't forget to call the campground so we get all our cozy little spaces filled in and won't get kicked out for raising....the roof. Surely we dont' want to disturb some no-rally no-fun camper in our midst who doesn't like us much and doesn't realize how entertaining and wonderful we all are. (That never has happened, has it? Because Airstreamers always get everyone involved in the mayhem, whether they like it or not! We are equal opportunity funlovers in tin cans.

This is a fun, fun rally. We spent lotsa' money, going to Alumapalooza, and it was great, but we had more fun, and made more friends, at the ole AIR Midwest Spring Rally. And Branson beats Jackson City hands down for a fun place to be. Midwest was our first rally and will always be our favorite. We can't wait to see everyone again and meet new friends, too.

The prizes rock. Especially the one Brad donates!

Sign up on the calendar, call Acorn Acres, and we'll get a schedule out soon. Not that it matters much - this rally would be fun if all we did was sit around telling our uproarious stories. The best ones always seem to involve the vicinity of the sewer hose, dump station, etc. And they are only funny AFTER, long, long after, the actual event.

Acorn Acres has cable and wireless in addition to the usual water, sewer and electric hookups. See you in October!

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #306
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
I can't write it in stone yet but I hve marked my calander for that weekend. I will know this week for sure. When I can say for sure that I will be there I will offer up any help I can. I am good at breaking things and drinking beer so I hope I can be usefull in some way!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #307
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoshane View Post
I can't write it in stone yet but I hve marked my calander for that weekend. I will know this week for sure. When I can say for sure that I will be there I will offer up any help I can. I am good at breaking things and drinking beer so I hope I can be usefull in some way!
Show off all my hard work!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #308

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick View Post
Hi Everyone,
I see some of you are posting on the Spring Rally thread...that's ok, we're just glad you're coming and so happy the AIR Midwest rally is getting so popular. The Spring Rallly thread is still active, and now Terri and I have started Terri's new "threat" as she typo-ed, for the fall rally. (I sort of like it). Is there anyway to combine the two into one AIR Midwest Rally, Mr. Moderator Brad? Geez.... it's ok, but I don't want to get anyone confused. Especially about whether it's spring or fall...oh, that's only me who would get confused about that. I frequently have days and nights mixed up, too.

Anyway, everyone, please, pretty please with toasted marshmallows, and what is it, wine? Uhn, um, anyway, please go to the calendar and rsvp and don't forget to call the campground so we get all our cozy little spaces filled in and won't get kicked out for raising....the roof. Surely we dont' want to disturb some no-rally no-fun camper in our midst who doesn't like us much and doesn't realize how entertaining and wonderful we all are. (That never has happened, has it? Because Airstreamers always get everyone involved in the mayhem, whether they like it or not! We are equal opportunity funlovers in tin cans.

This is a fun, fun rally. We spent lotsa' money, going to Alumapalooza, and it was great, but we had more fun, and made more friends, at the ole AIR Midwest Spring Rally. And Branson beats Jackson City hands down for a fun place to be. Midwest was our first rally and will always be our favorite. We can't wait to see everyone again and meet new friends, too.

The prizes rock. Especially the one Brad donates!

Sign up on the calendar, call Acorn Acres, and we'll get a schedule out soon. Not that it matters much - this rally would be fun if all we did was sit around telling our uproarious stories. The best ones always seem to involve the vicinity of the sewer hose, dump station, etc. And they are only funny AFTER, long, long after, the actual event.

Acorn Acres has cable and wireless in addition to the usual water, sewer and electric hookups. See you in October!
Here's a link to the Fall Rally Thread.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/...ml#post1039353

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #309
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Rivet Update: AIR Midwest Branson Rally

Wow!

I called Acorn Acres today to see how we were doing as far as numbers and we have 19 reservations! That will be a good group, but we'd like to have even more! Come and join us. This is a rockin' awesome rally and you will have fun. We're a really friendly group and we have great prizes.

We're having a barbeque cook-off contest this time. No rules - just barbeque cooked any way you want it. Anything you want to barbeque, we'll taste and vote on it. But don't get cute, I'm not tasting the possum or the grilled rattlesnake, in case any of you have any smart aleck ideas!

This rally has a welcoming comittee, so it's a good one for first time ralliers. Believe me, we'll make you feel welcome. And get in your way while you're trying to set up. Naw, we're not that bad. We just make sure to meet everyone and greet them and welcome our friends in a big Ozark Mountain way.

The Ozarks, whether it's chilly or just right, will be at their most glorious in the middle of October. Branson is busiest in October, and there are so many things to do that we always stay before and after the rally. Mr. B and I are actually arriving on the 10th and leaving the 17th, but the rally is actually October 14-16. I'll be working to get things ready, along with my friends Terry and Phyllis. And we'll be enlisting our menfolk, no doubt. (Although those ole poops already vetoed our best idea - to have a male-only beauty contest. They just wouldn't have it, so that idea is off the table! Though they WILL have to barbeque instead.)

If you haven't already made your reservations, there are a still some spaces left. It is their busiest season at the campground and in Branson, so everything will be open and going strong.

One thing: If you come in from back toward Silver Dollar City, there's a big dip right where you must turn left into the campground. We all learned from the last rally that it isn't as bad as it seems. You watch the last car go into the dip, wait until it passes, and then turn in. The other option in to come in from the other direction so it isn't necessary to turn left off Highway 76. It's out away from town enough that the traffic isn't bad unless SDC is opening or closing for the day. There's a Wal-Mart and restaurants very near, so we found that very convenient when we didn't want to go into the main part of town.

The CG has a big screened pavilion with a kitchen for our get-togethers, which is reserved for us during the entire rally. The campground told me today that we are welcome to cover the screened windows with tarps or heavy visqueen if we want and are allowed to nail it up temporarily. So, if it looks like it may be cold at night for our main dinner, we all need to bring our tarps, etc., and enclose our meeting space. There is a large grill available or we can use our own or whatever cooking device we need. There are also electrical outlets in the rec room. Bring snuggies because although we used their game room in the past, we think there will be too many of us to fit in there for dinner this time.

This campground has an underground room in case of a storm, and also has the best private shower-bathrooms we've come across anywhere.

Come join us! Those who have already made your reservations, we can't wait to see you. All of you who were there last year, we're excited about seeing you again.

We will be publishing a schedule soon.

Here's the information for reservations. There is no charge to attend this event other than the cost of your campsite. We appreciate any prizes anyone wants to bring to give away in our contests. We have some really nice prizes, and there's always a few, uh, funny prizes. We will have the barbeque cook off (for best barbeque) and some other contests. Those should prove to be hilarious.

Acorn Acres RV Park And Villas
159 Acorn Acres Lane
Lo -93.944198 Lat 36.687121
Branson, MO 65615
Toll Free: (800)338-2504
Phone: (417)338-2500
Fax: (417)338-5049

E-Mail: camp@bestbransonrvpark.com

WEB:http://www.bestbransonrvpark.com/

Some other fun links of things to do:
http://bransonontheweb.com/index.php
http://www.branson.com/

Reba McEntire

Old 09-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #310

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Wow is right! Your going to make me look bad. I think 19 trailers might be a record for the Air Midwest rally! Were going to miss the PC lounge so somebody will have to step up and plan on hosting the wine by the campfire get-together. Zell and I are excited to see what you and the ladies have planned for the rally but were going to miss the Saturday evening dinner. I have to fly out Sunday afternoon but were coming in Thursday night. Also I've got a Mens Citizen Eco Drive watch to give away and one "gag gift" for the ladies.

Your all doing a fantastic job!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #311
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmitch5 View Post
Wow is right! Your going to make me look bad. I think 19 trailers might be a record for the Air Midwest rally!

Your all doing a fantastic job!
It is close, but not quite the record yet.

Maybe a few more will attend and push you over.

Steve
Old 09-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #312
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
I accidently hit the "unsubscribe" link for this thread, so maybe this will get me back on? Anyway, I'm on the other one too...just don't want to miss out on anything! We are so looking forward to meeting you all in Branson...see you soon!
okiedebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #313
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Talking Ready to see everyone!

I'm so ready to see everyone I met in the spring, and the new folks who are coming.

Brad, I hate it that you and Zell are going to miss the Saturday night dinner and contests! But it's great that you are giving away a Citizen's watch again. They are really, really nice! Some lucky guy....better practice up on those barbeque skills!

Dang, this is going under the Spring Rally thread. I don't know why I keep getting it mixed up. These last three message or more belong under the fall thread. People are having to check both threads.

As for PC Lounge not being there, I sure hate that and yes, we will have to find a new "lounge" for our after-dinner bit. Or, maybe we'll just use the rec room - if it isn't too cold and if there's a place to build a big ole campfire.

Can't wait to see everyone. Remember, we may need tarps or plastic to cover the windows in the screened pavilion if it's cold! It has screened windows, which can be covered to keep out the wind.

I'm going to put this on the fall thread, too. Or, Brad, can you copy them to there, too? I didn't realize when I last posted that I was posting on the Spring Rally thread. Geez, we've had such an issue with this - probably my fault cause I don't look close enough to realize which thread I'm posting on.

Reba McEntire

Tags
air midwest, branson, missouri, rally, rv park