Old 05-20-2011, 12:55 AM   #281

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Haha! I also enjoyed the miss dial and text! What time is it?

blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #282
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Branson Fall Rally in October

FYI, James and I (CJ of Okla) will be putting on our WBCCI Oklahoma Rally Oct 10-15. So we will be unable to attend the Branson Rally that weekend. I know when you set Rally's up you can't always find a weekend that works for everyone. We will be keeping our eyes and ears open for your rally date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick View Post
Plans are tentative for same place, Acorn Acres at Branson, and the middle of October. Probably the weekend of October 14, 15, 16. But we haven't set that in stone yet. Myself and Terri (Mrs. Jay53) are the hosts, Phyllis (69 AirDream) is going to help us, too, I think. Hopefully we can get advice from Brad & Mitch, who did such a great job with the spring rally.
(I'm loving my Citizen's watch! Thank you again~Brad!)

The spring rally was so good it's a hard act to follow. But we'll try to make sure our fall rally is wonderful, too!

We're going to leave on the 28th heading up to Ohio for Alumapalooza and parts North, but expect to have deal worked out with the CG before we leave. I'll be seeking gifts for our fall rally while I'm there!

Oh, and I'll say this - we will be cooking for a potluck only once - which probably means group open grill or men's barbeque night or something like that. And, we'll keep the overly exuberant welcoming committee going, too. (who WERE those crazy people?} So, you may have to try to sneak in late or VERY early if you want to avoid being descended upon!

1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #283
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Exclamation What about Acorn Acres October 14-15?

I talked to the owner of Acorn Acres this week and asked about putting our group in a cluster formation, across from each other for three rows rather than in the single line or double line (interrupted). We thought it would be nice if we were all down on the end nearest the rec room instead of strung out along the drive-throughs.

We want to know what some of you think. Ray wouldn't mind backing in if it meant being close together, and I'm sure all of our group can back in. The owner indicated she had almost enough spots that could be reserved in a block over three rows close to where Ray and myself, Don and Jerri, and others were at the back end of the park. (We will put up maps).

However, the spot nearest the rec room is not available and we wanted that and other adjacent spots nearby. We hope to avoid the situation of having several SOBs not with our group (we love 'em if they are with us!) between us. I was told the key to not having that is making reservations early and letting Terri and I know if someone has to cancel so we can fill it in to keep us together.

Personally, I felt the folks who got stuck in between us weren't very happy about it, and we weren't happy being broken up and strung out.

Terri and I volunteered to host the fall rally, and we will do so happily, but input is nice in case there are considerations we either haven't thought about or don't know about.

When we left, we talked to the CG about October 14-15. At the time, that seemed to be a good time for a number of us. But I didn't get to talk to you, CJ, and I hate to not have ya'll, and we would miss you greatly. But I understand if you have a committment to host a rally yourselves and these fall dates run risks of cold, rainy weather if we wait too late in the Ozarks. Of course, if the date is bad for many, we will have to reconsider.

Unless a majority want to have it at a later (or earlier) weekend, I think we've pretty well decided and indicated to the CG it will be the weekend of October 14-15.

I think I should mention that there are many CGs and Corps and State Parks in the Branson area. AA is one of the higher priced parks, but it is a very good park. I love the private baths and showers and especially access to the basement if the weather turns bad. The recreation pavilion is wonderful if we get to use it this time.

They have offered us a 20 % discount if we have more than 10 trailers, and 10% if we have less than 10. We had 12 couples last time, but I'm not sure everyone brought their trailer and we may be counting the demo from Reliable RV. Brad? Also, had you rather be clustered closer to the offices or baths? I'm not sure that could be arranged, but I don't mind talking to AA about it.

I know there are some concerns about the dangerous entrance/exit of the campground, but we found once we knew to watch the last car go into the "holler" it was easy to know when it was safe to turn or pull out. But it is a consideration. Let me hear your thoughts.

The date would be hard to change and stay at AA, but since this is only our second time at Air Midwest and we are hosting, we need input from everyone! There are many parks and CGs.

We'll get it in the rally calendar as soon as you weigh in, and we already know we will have some great prizes and fun games and other activities. More on that later.

Tell me what you think!

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #284

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
I like the back of the park better than the front so were all together. I can back up and I like those sites better anyway. Maybe block off 38,37,36 46,45,44,43 58,57,56,55,54,53 that seems to keep us together and we could have our get together at night at site 46 or 45 and the rest of the CG wouldn't have to hear us. Whatever you all decide is fine with me. We wouldn't miss this one!

http://www.bestbransonrvpark.com/def...p?file=SiteMap
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #285
4 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
We are ok with the dates. If we go too much later, weather may be an issue, I don't know how chilly (cold) it may get in that region. If we could get a block close together that would be great. I don't mind backing in.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #286
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Thanks for responses! I'm still waiting to hear from a few more. I think it is a given, though, that the campground needs to block off our spaces at the back instead of in the "parking lot" row. The owner talked like she could do that - with the exception of spot 31, which is next to the recreation room. I'll let her know that we really need that assurance!

As for the date, Drew, I'm concerned about that, too. I used to live in the Ozarks, and I've seen some miserably cold, wet, halloween weeks, so I don't want to get too far into October. I think we will probably keep the date the same, although we are sad about CJ's prior commitment.

We're battening down Esmerelda and putting our last minute stuff in - since we are leaving tonight. I'll check again late tonight, and then I may not be on for a day or two while we make the trip up north. Hopefully, I can tether my cell phone and get online, but we never know about coverage!

Reba McEntire

Old 05-28-2011, 01:20 AM   #287
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
We're good with the date and configuration. Tim can back in too. With all the help from the welcoming committee, anyone can.;~) You guys are right, any later and it could be pretty cold and rainy (as if this Spring hasn't been!!!).

Carol, you and Terri just let me know what I need to do on my end to help. Are the guys doin' the grillin' thang on Saturday?
Old 05-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #288
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
I think the putting the airstreams in a line is from rallies clear back in the beginning. It always looked cool seeing the rows and rows of airstreams. As the Branson gang is a small group putting all the AS at one end could make fellowship easier. We will miss our Branson gang in Oct, ya all have fun. I will check in every once and awhile and see how you all are doing. Keep up the good work girls (lawchick & 60 AirDream).
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:31 AM   #289
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
We are ok with the date in October also, nd don't mind backing in. I definitely like the idea of us all being together in a group, it was hard keeping track of where everybody was when we were all scattered out like that in April. Count us in!

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:40 AM   #290
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Thanks for the input, everyone. Good to hear from all of you, too.
We're in Ohio, but October 14-15 it will be. We're going to be up there all week prior to the rally, so maybe out of a week, we'll get some nice days. I hope it's nice for the rally and we can use the rec room and grill.

Reba McEntire

Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #291
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Hi from Jackson Center! Had to come to a neighboring town, actually, to get wireless. Airstream has it for us, but didn't have the password.
The back three rows nearest the recreation pavilion have been blocked off for our Fall Rally, except for site 31, which had already been rented. I'll try to get a map up when I get back home. Please reserve early. It's their busiest time of year, and they will fill in spaces in our area if we don't get our reservations in as early as possible. I'll get more details on that when I get home.
We are set:
October 14, 15, leaving, Sunday 16th, at Acorn Acres.
Looking forward to it!

Reba McEntire

Old 06-02-2011, 12:09 AM   #292
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Yes you can reserve now with a card and it will not be charged until you arrive. SO DO IT ASAP! Haven't met the people who are taking over for us this year but I bet it will be great! Brad and Zell would not pass the torch to just anyone so they must be pretty special....You guys have fun and we hope to hook up with you after we get back from Samoa.....
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #293
1 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
St Louis , Missouri
The Sheinfields have reserved our spot. Same site as the Spring Rally. See you there.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #294
2 Rivet Member

1984 27' Sovereign
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
The Eppisons are OK with the date. May have to come in late Fri nite?? Will reserve ASAP.

Tags
air midwest, branson, missouri, rally, rv park