Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #81

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
What's funny is we all decided to push it up to May due to two years of cold weather and now it's perfect out! We're headed out to Melvern outlet next week to get everything running again. . We're going to be camping about every other week until the rally I love Spring!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #82
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
We got the party favors in this week and sticking with the theme here's what we ended up with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3109492953.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	483.1 KB
ID:	154727

Name tags

Name:	image-982193179.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	718.9 KB
ID:	154728

Our sombrero's and some maracas there's also some tambourines and finger cymbals.

We have table covers and hanging stuff.

As of now I am planning on leaving town on Tuesday. I won't be in a hurry to get there so there's no telling when I will roll in.
I hear there is a Airstream grave yard down there. Would anyone like to make a trip there one day? We want to do silver dollar city one day too. I am thinking Thursday. I also hear there is a outstanding place to get some breakfast thats pretty close to the CG. I think going there one morning would be fun.
So who's coming early?
Old 03-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #83

Olathe , Kansas
We're coming in on Thursday, not sure of the time but most likely late afternoon or early evening. It's getting closer and we can't wait for the rally! I have a feeling that it is going to be Epic!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #84
3 Rivet Member

1971 25' Caravanner
Olathe , Kansas
Shane,
We are getting in Thursday. The AS graveyard trip sounds fun! How far away is it? We got our sombreros last week. Can't wait!
Ken and Nan
Old 04-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #85
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
The place to eat breakfast is Billy Gail's ~ it's over by Comptons Campground, very nearby. You must arrive before 8 a.m. or face a long wait. Once you eat there you know why there is a long line of people wanting to eat breakfast there every day.

Don and Jerri took us there and I have never had a better breakfast. They are also the ones who know about the Airstream Graveyard and where it is. But they don't get on computer. Don offered to take some of us there last time. Maybe he will offer again!

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #86
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick View Post
The place to eat breakfast is Billy Gail's ~ it's over by Comptons Campground, very nearby. You must arrive before 8 a.m. or face a long wait. Once you eat there you know why there is a long line of people wanting to eat breakfast there every day.

Don and Jerri took us there and I have never had a better breakfast. They are also the ones who know about the Airstream Graveyard and where it is. But they don't get on computer. Don offered to take some of us there last time. Maybe he will offer again!

This is an outstanding place to eat. We hosted the rally at Compton several times, and you would always find people heading over there to eat. BE EARLY....which isn't a problem for Captain Donut and his lovely wife (Don and Jerri). BTW, tell Cap'n donut that his presence is required in Texas this summer.

Steve
Old 04-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #87
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
It looks like we might get something from American RV Company to give away for a prize. I have been talking with the head of internet sales this week and he is on bored with donating something. He needs to run it through the powers to be but he is pretty sure they can drop something on us.

Has anyone heard from the TikkiMan? It sure would be nice to hear him pick the strings again!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #88
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
We'll be there

Finally made a reservation Monday. We're coming for the whole rally. Just couldn't stand the idea of missing it - plus need to talk to some of you about our plans for an extended trip out west this summer. Hope Don & Jerry are coming!
I'm going to miss my neice's college graduation - so we may as well travel all summer since most of the family probably wont speak to me for a few months. But I can't help it that they have graduations during AirMidwest!

Sad news -
Gñomeo has been hanging around with a bad crowd and is in trouble over a helpless flamingo. Gnuliet is filing for divorce!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	420504_10150576353357121_690012120_9375813_536126880_n.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	155584  

Reba McEntire

Old 04-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #89
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Carol...so glad you guys are going to make it!! Now for the bad news...we have to cancel!! We sold our house and will be moving before the end of May and just cannot take that time away from our packing, etc! We hate to miss the fiesta and friends! We will certainly be staying in touch with the group updates, etc. and definitely plan to make the fall rally...and hope to see some of you on the road this summer.
And Carol, that is so sad about Gnomeo and Gnuliet! Nasty...LOL!
okiedebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #90
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I hope nohillgrish still gets on this thread...I really need to talk to him. Dennis...call me or PM me asap if you get this!

Steve
Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #91
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Good Job

I love everything! The name tags are so cute!!!! Good JOB!
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoshane View Post
We got the party favors in this week and sticking with the theme here's what we ended up with.

Attachment 154727

Name tags

Attachment 154728

Our sombrero's and some maracas there's also some tambourines and finger cymbals.

We have table covers and hanging stuff.

As of now I am planning on leaving town on Tuesday. I won't be in a hurry to get there so there's no telling when I will roll in.
I hear there is a Airstream grave yard down there. Would anyone like to make a trip there one day? We want to do silver dollar city one day too. I am thinking Thursday. I also hear there is a outstanding place to get some breakfast thats pretty close to the CG. I think going there one morning would be fun.
So who's coming early?
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #92
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Looks like we can make the rally, assuming they have a spot available. I will call in the morning to check on that. Will probably arrive Friday evening. Looking forward to seeing all the old crew, and I see a few new ones I'm anxious to meet.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #93

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohillgrish
Looks like we can make the rally, assuming they have a spot available. I will call in the morning to check on that. Will probably arrive Friday evening. Looking forward to seeing all the old crew, and I see a few new ones I'm anxious to meet.
Great! I barely saw you last fall because we had to leave Saturday! Were glad your coming!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #94
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
I hope nohillgrish still gets on this thread...I really need to talk to him. Dennis...call me or PM me asap if you get this!

Steve
You may be too late Stevie my friend. Springfield Police, Chamber of Commerce, City Council and all aluminum supply stores are already aware that you might be moving to Springfield. It's quite the buzz but hopefully things will settle down before you arrive!!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #95
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohillgrish View Post
You may be too late Stevie my friend. Springfield Police, Chamber of Commerce, City Council and all aluminum supply stores are already aware that you might be moving to Springfield. It's quite the buzz but hopefully things will settle down before you arrive!!

Grish,

Can you get that information to me that we were talking about? Claxton called me....no help from him, but I didn't think he could. Federal Medical Center needs people, but I really don't know if that is up my alley or not.

If things work out as planned, I would like to go ahead and host the fall rally since I have not gotten to host my beloved Branson rally in a couple of years. Heck...I haven't even gotten to camp with my AIR-Midwest group in 2 years!

Steve
Old 04-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #96
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Grish,

Can you get that information to me that we were talking about?

Claxton called me....no help from him, but I didn't think he could.

Federal Medical Center needs people, but I really don't know if that is up my alley or not.

Steve
Will PM or e-mail the info to you but will probably be sometime this weekend. Fed Med is a little different clientle, but pay and benefits are good. I know a nurse who went there after 25+ years with Mercy (St. John's) for the better pay/benefits.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #97
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Springfield , Missouri
Okay, we're in! Late to the table but we'll make a reservation in the morning. See ya'll Thursday evening.

Shane, what else do we need for the Mexican Dinner? I can bring stuff!
69AirDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #98

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic

Grish,

Can you get that information to me that we were talking about? Claxton called me....no help from him, but I didn't think he could. Federal Medical Center needs people, but I really don't know if that is up my alley or not.

If things work out as planned, I would like to go ahead and host the fall rally since I have not gotten to host my beloved Branson rally in a couple of years. Heck...I haven't even gotten to camp with my AIR-Midwest group in 2 years!

Steve
The fall rally is covered by a team but the Spring rally is open, we're glad your coming back.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #99
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Phyllis! Glad you're coming! I sent you email. Love y'all cant wait ti see you!

Reba McEntire

Old 04-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #100
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
I hats my new Kindle. IT CANT TYPE.