Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2014, 08:54 PM   #141
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Saint louis , Missouri
Midwest Rally folks spotted in Colorado

Hey All
You know why I love our group because you meet the neatest people - and sometimes they pop up in other places. Jim and I are camped at Haviland Lake campground near Durango and I went riding in the campground trying to see other airstreamers and the first one I found I went to introduce myself and guess who it was? Don and Gerri McDowell. Don actually told me about this park at our last rally but I didn't expect to actually see them here - we've had a grand time socializing the past few days and hearing their great stories. Hope to see some more of you at rallys or on our travels!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Don and Gerri.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	390.5 KB
ID:	213622  
"Homer"
loislane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:52 AM   #142
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Don and Gerri are two of my favorite people. Saw them last September at the Texas vintage rally. If you see them again, day that steve and amy said hello, and that we are miving to Springfield, Missouri next week. We hope to see Captain and Mrs. Donut at the next rally this fall.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #143
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
So that's where they are! Out in Colorado again! They're among our favorites, too. I'll never forget when we first became Airstreamers and Don came over with his coffee and proceeded to check out our noisy hot water heater and tell Ray what to do about it. They're the best - and if you want to talk to about experienced Airstreamers - Don and Jerry would be the most experienced I know. Love them!
If you're still nearby, and see them again, tell them we said hi and we hope to see them again soon!
Hope you are having a great time on the road. Keep singing!! LOL

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #144
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Yes, yes, let's go back to Branson with Steve hosting again! I love Acorn Acres. It's like home to us. We're going there sometime this summer anyway, I hope, but we'd be glad to go back in the fall. I like the way they let us take over the pavilion and I love their private bathrooms. Plus they let us have our campfire right in the middle of everything and do a good job of keeping us together. And sometimes, if we are lucky, Tommy and them play music!

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:03 AM   #145
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick View Post
So that's where they are! Out in Colorado again! They're among our favorites, too. I'll never forget when we first became Airstreamers and Don came over with his coffee and proceeded to check out our noisy hot water heater and tell Ray what to do about it. They're the best - and if you want to talk to about experienced Airstreamers - Don and Jerry would be the most experienced I know. Love them!
If you're still nearby, and see them again, tell them we said hi and we hope to see them again soon!
Hope you are having a great time on the road. Keep singing!! LOL
We will be going out to see them at the CG they're hosting in August. Jim has talked to him a few times on the phone. We'll tell them you send hellos!
We sold our house, closing Aug 1, and will be traveling around for a while, maybe longer...putting everything in storage and just be gypsies for awhile! WooHoo, we can't wait! Colorado will be our first trip then on to Utah, Grand Canyon and then first of Oct we'll be at the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque and probably wont be back in time for Air Midwest but we'll see you all in the spring!
okiedebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #146
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hello all,

We are currently in St. Louis visiting family before we can close on our house in Ozark, MO next Friday. What I woukd like to.do is get people's opinions on a good weekend in late September to October that works well for them. We are waiting to see Amy's drill schedule before we can book it for sure. I may be on call that weekend, but I work in Branson so if I have to go in then I will.

Thanks for.the patience everyone!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #147
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Billings , Missouri
Fall 2014 ??????

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Macs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #148

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
As long as it's not October 11th. We are good with any other date

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #149
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Just FYI...The Grahams are in Branson staying at Cooper Creek Resort & RV, on Lake Taneycomo. They suggest it would be a great rally place. It has a large club room and is a beautiful site in the trees. I looked at their website and it looks like a place we will go next time there. They dont say anything about accommodating rallys, but surely they do if they have a club room. It might be a place to check out Steve, if you have not already decided on a place. Here is the website:
Branson Cabins,Bransons Resort Cabins,Campground, Trout Fishing, Lake Taneycomo in Branson, Mo Branson Rv Camping.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #150
1 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Spring Hill , Kansas
Sorry guys I could not find a club house that would house us it did have a game room with a small spot for 10 people. It has a outside pavilion but it would not hold the 50 plus that we have had at these rallies in the past. It is beautiful place but does not have the accommodations that we need.

Steve you are more than welcome to call them to make sure I didn't miss a building. The owner was so busy we never had a chance to talk after we got there.

Stefenie Graham

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Sgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #151
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Thanks folks. Several folks had mentioned returning to Acorn Acres as it can accommodate our group. I am waiting to see what Amy's drill weekend is for October. I would prefer to have it in the first two weeks of October, but I know Brad and Zell cannot make it the 2nd weekend. I am tempted to just make it the first weekend of the month and if Amy has drill then she can join us in the evening (her words...not mine). This would allow people to begin booking sites now. I may be on call that weekend, but I work in Branson and can make it to the hospital without any issues.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #152
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Saint louis , Missouri
Hey guys,
We actually can't make the first two weekends in October - but we often don't make the fall rally so don't plan around us. However - if it was later in the month - the three weekends - including Halloween- we could do it. We will camp one of those weekends regardless - just prefer with you guys. If it turns out we can't then maybe some of you can meet us in say Land Between the Lakes for Halloween weekend.

L.
"Homer"
loislane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #153
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I am currently at Amy's reserve unit and have her schedule. Drill this October is the 18th and 19th (3rd weekend) so that is out. I want to avoid the last weekends in October after that due to weather and temperature. The first weekend is the best looking weekend unless people would want to do it the last weekend in September. What do pepple think of that? I need people to weigh in as I would like to call and schedule the event today.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #154
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
We are unavailable the first two weekends in October...

Right now late Sept or late Oct are open...

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:58 AM   #155
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
The Mid-Missouri Boondock near Columbia, MO is scheduled for the first weekend in October, so our vote would be the last weekend in September or second weekend in October. We so enjoy your guys company and would hate to miss the fall rally!
Mount'n Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:11 AM   #156
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Looks like it will be last weekend in September. Call placed to the park. Will schedule everything today hopefully. I'm using the mobile app, so the sign-up page won't be available till my internet is hooked up.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #157
2 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Hey all, I'm BACK! Was having password issues since June, and finally got it fixed.

Sorry, but I have to work the last weekend of September, so we are going to have to miss the fall rally this time.
Chesher Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:36 AM   #158
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
As it stands right now, I'm scheduled to be on call that week and weekend, so we too will be unable to attend. Plus the Mid-Missouri Boondock is the weekend before...
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #159
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
As they always say, "you can't plan it for everyone to make it or it will never happen." I have not booked it as both parks have not gotten back to me. We cannot have it the 3rd weekend due to Amy's schedule, and the boondock rally is the first weekend. I would prefer to have it at a time where most people can make it. End of October? Mid September?
Old 07-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #160
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
We could probably make it if it's the Oct 24th-26th...but don't do it on our account because I'm not positive. But also, the group has had it that week-end before and even though it might be cooler, everyone always has fun! Like you say, you can't get the perfect week-end for this many people!