Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #61

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Yes. Please send me the info. Thanks for the update.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:08 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Saint louis , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdalrymple View Post
Here is the agenda.
Hey Jeff - I don't see the agenda - from other's posts it looks like they do - any ideas?
"Homer"
loislane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #63
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Saint louis , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by loislane View Post
Hey Jeff - I don't see the agenda - from other's posts it looks like they do - any ideas?

Ok never mind - had to update the app - doh!
"Homer"
Old 03-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #64
2 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Oh gosh! I absolutely LOVE the Nutes, and am so sad to hear about Jan. I have her phone number. I wonder if it would be okay to call? Might as well try. Thanks for the update, Debi.

Happy to see that the Burt's are coming, and Don and Jerry, and maybe Jim and Lois?!

My sister Cindy and BFF Diane are coming too. Cindy's birthday is April 10, so I need to get a cake!
Chesher Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Oh my! So sorry! We always enjoy seeing them. Praying she will recover quickly and completely.
Glad to hear Don & Jerry are coming. I was wondering about them and their experiences in Colorado last year!
We've sprung a plumbing leak and if course, it's behind the refrigerator! Probably wasn't winterized exactly right. It's over a wheel well, and drips off under the dinette bench. Of course, it couldn't have started leaking at an easy-to -get- to spot. Whether we come or not will depend on how fast Crain can get to it! We're also headed to Ohio soon to get the ice storm dents fixed!
Hope to see you all soon!

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:16 AM   #66
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Debi, please email us Jan's address at cjburt2006@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Reba McEntire

Old 03-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #67
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
I've heard from several of you and just to let everyone know, sweet Stefanie (sgraham) made Jan a quilt and pillow and also a memory book and will be bringing it to the rally for us to sign and then she will take it to Jan after the rally. What a wonderful idea, and I know Jan will truly love it! If anyone has a photo, story, or memory they would want to include in the memory book, please bring it to the rally. This is a great example of what it is like to be a part of such a great Airstreaming group, and most of us only see each other once or twice a year!
okiedebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:43 PM   #68
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Saint louis , Missouri
Hey Kathy,
We will be there - just talked Jim into leaving Thursday even! Not sure we'll be too glamped up - we both are working new jobs and a little crazy but we'll be there. We are planning our first long trip to Colorado - 1 month in June so we are excited to come talk to all you traveling experts. We de-winterized today and while doing it met some new airstreamers Mike and Pam from O'Fallon - hope they connect with us and come to the rally
"Homer"
Old 03-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #69
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Sounds like it's going to be another fun rally with the AIR Midwest crew. Wish we could be there this year but the date just doesn't fit into the calendar for us this time. We hope to see everyone again next year. We'll keep an eye out for 2015. Until then we wish you the best!

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #70
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Ours is at Crain now & they have more than a two week backlog. Hope to pick it up on 4/8. Plan on driving up on Friday.

LawChicks when do y'all plan on driving up. We should be passing through Russellville late morning. Give me your phone # - we will give you a call & could possibly tandem up.
sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:45 PM   #71
2 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
I just called and left a voicemail on the Nute's home phone. I said we all send our love and prayers for Jan, and hope she is getting better.

Shane took Friday off, so we might leave as early as Thursday evening. I am on vacation from Wed - Monday.
Love getting paid to go to rallies!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:55 PM   #72
2 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Hey Lucius,

Sorry you can't make it this time, but did you know we have a fall rally every year?

Keep it in mind when you map out your routes this fall!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #73
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Regina and I spent an enjoyable weekend camping at Sylamore Creek just north of Mountain View Arkansas this past weekend. I wanted to get all the bugs out of the trailer before the rally.

I drove through the worst rainstorm on Friday south of Harrison AR, the campground was in a pine forested area so lots of wet pine needles in the trailer.

We are planning on coming down Friday. I can't seem to remember but do I need to confirm reservations with the hosts? I CRS sometimes.

Looking forward to a nice weekend camping---

Today is April Fool's Day and our trailer is parked in our side yard, still hooked up to the Suburban. Last month in the real cold weather I had our S10 parked in the spot and you know how tires go down when it is really cold......

So this morning about 7 our neighbor on side called me up and said, "Jim, I'm looking out my den window at your Airstream and your back tire is flat." I told him that I'll check on it and that our S10 had gotten a flat sitting there, I guess I just air it up and drive the whole outfit to the tire shop. I'm not in the mood to change a trailer tire."

So I put my shoes on and went outside to look at the left rear tire (The trailer was backed in --facing north, I couldn't see the left side of the trailer.

As I rounded the rear of the trailer, I could see the tire wasn't flat... what the heck I thought then I saw he had stuck a post it on tire, "April Fool's"

I could see him looking out his window at me with a big thumbs up and a grin on his face! He got me good!.

He never buys a newspaper, just reads the neighbor's when they are done with it. Last year the neighbor brought over the paper like usual and put it on his picnic table under a rock. Jack got up and went outside and sat on his patio reading hte paper. He told me he read almost the whole paper before he realized it was a paper from November of last year! LOL!

Looking forward to the rally!
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #74
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Hi gang,
We found a mobile RV tech who came to us and fixed our plumbing leak-fast and efficiently AND replaced the affected section with PEX. He is in Russellville and we got next day service. Both Crain and Moix in Conway were, as Sam said, backed up. Moix recommended the mobile RV guys, and so do we. The guy who came had 30 years experience working on RVs, including Airstreams. Compared to Crain, and all the other dealers, his charge was minimal, even with a $75 trip charge!
So, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, we'll be there!
Sam, we will head up to the Ozarks on Wednesday or Thursday - Sorry we can't tandem with you this time, but we're sure looking forward to seeing you there!
Can't wait to see all of you!
Ray & Carol

Reba McEntire

Old 04-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Jeff, we'll be there! We're 32' now if the campground needs to know!

Reba McEntire

Old 04-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #76
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
I'm confused. Thought that last went in RSVP page....Oh, well- what else is new, eh?

Reba McEntire

Old 04-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #77
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Great for you all, Carol & Ray and Jim & Regina and Lois & Jim! So looking forward to getting on the road again and seeing everyone. One week!!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #78
2 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
I spoke to Ray Nute a couple nights ago. He returned my call, and was very glad to hear that we are thinking about them. Jan is slowly recovering from two strokes, that occurred within two weeks after a botched surgery. She is paralyzed on her left side, and lost her vision on the left. She is alert, able to speak, watches Jeopardy and knows the answers. She is relearning to swallow, before she can return home. She already had one episode of aspiration pneumonia, and is mainly being fed by a gastric feeding tube. They sold their Airstream and truck, to buy a wheelchair accessible van. Please keep them in your prayers. It means so much to them to know we stand beside them as family.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #79
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Thank-you for calling for all of us, Kathy!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #80
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
I just hate that Jan and Ray are having such a hard time. Kathy, thanks for including all of us in your communication with them. I'm going to send a card if I can ever remember to mail the thing!

Are we still doing prizes? I see Brad has ponied up a beautiful watch.

Can't wait to see all of you.
P.S. Our previously pristine 1987 got hit by falling limbs during the ice storm this winter (just not a good winter in any way!) and has some dents on the rear that are going to necessitate a trip to Jackson Center for repair. Good thing we have insurance - two skins are damaged. So, we're the ones who look like someone took a hammer to our rear roof! (But it doesn't leak!)

Reba McEntire