Old 07-08-2014, 06:58 AM   #155
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
The Mid-Missouri Boondock near Columbia, MO is scheduled for the first weekend in October, so our vote would be the last weekend in September or second weekend in October. We so enjoy your guys company and would hate to miss the fall rally!

Old 07-08-2014, 07:11 AM   #156
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Looks like it will be last weekend in September. Call placed to the park. Will schedule everything today hopefully. I'm using the mobile app, so the sign-up page won't be available till my internet is hooked up.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #157
2 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Hey all, I'm BACK! Was having password issues since June, and finally got it fixed.

Sorry, but I have to work the last weekend of September, so we are going to have to miss the fall rally this time.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:36 AM   #158
4 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
As it stands right now, I'm scheduled to be on call that week and weekend, so we too will be unable to attend. Plus the Mid-Missouri Boondock is the weekend before...
Old 07-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #159
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
As they always say, "you can't plan it for everyone to make it or it will never happen." I have not booked it as both parks have not gotten back to me. We cannot have it the 3rd weekend due to Amy's schedule, and the boondock rally is the first weekend. I would prefer to have it at a time where most people can make it. End of October? Mid September?
Old 07-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #160
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
We could probably make it if it's the Oct 24th-26th...but don't do it on our account because I'm not positive. But also, the group has had it that week-end before and even though it might be cooler, everyone always has fun! Like you say, you can't get the perfect week-end for this many people!
Old 07-11-2014, 11:36 AM   #161
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Well, u just spoke to Compton Ridge and was told we could do the weekend if the 24th through 26th or the last of September. Will the 24th through the 26th work better for most people?
Old 07-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #162
4 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Oct 24-26 looks ok ...
Old 07-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #163
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Ok,

24th through the 26th at Compton Ridge has been set up. I wont have an exact rate for you, but I can tell you the discounts start when we hit 15 trailers, and increases every 5 trailers. I am in discussions with their corporate office for evening use of the rec hall for meals without their usual fee. If not free, they will discount it as much as they can.

Back when Amy and I initially started this event, it was a chili competition with a winner's trophy. I'm a traditionalist you might say, and we will do it again. The cook-off is usually held saturday evening at pot luck...people not making chili feel free to bring your favorite item. Internet still not hooked up, but will be Monday, and I'll have the official sign-up/rally thread then.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #164
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
Count us out. Regina and I are answering the wanderlust. We leave tomorrow on our journey, Airstream is all packed and Suburban is gassed up. We are heading west then north or maybe west then south....our starting place is Eureka KS. Maybe we'll go to every town we find named Eureka. We did this when we were first married in a 17'
Old 07-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #165
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
That's too bad Jim, was looking forward to catching up since we moved back. Since you were so tired from traffic and driving last summer when you pulled into the Texas rally, we didn't have a chance to talk then
Old 07-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #166
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
It was serendipitous that we pulled into that campground. We got stuck in traffic really bad in Austin....next time I'll pay the toll and take the loop.... we were too tired to make into San Antonio, saw a billboard for Pecan Grove or Pecan Park and took potluck. Pulled into the campgrounds and it was "Hey, look at all the airstreams!" that campground got flooded pretty bad this spring. Our profile picture was taken at the rally.

We plan to be out on the road until November. We used to travel all the time when we 'were first married, first in a 1968 17' Utopia, then a whole series of cheap SOBs, then a Mobilux motorhome, then a 40' Kountry Aire two bedroom fifth wheel,,,a really nice camper, and now our 1978 Airstream, polished so pretty that I set the woods on fire when we drive down the highway.

Gonna stay off interstates, just blue highways. Got new axles this Summer, wasn't too hard to put them in, my nephew helped me. was able to raise my hitch almost 3 inches.

You all have fun, I'll let someone else make the deviled eggs! Here, I'll refresh your memory,,,remember, this was in 2008, we're all a lot older now... (actually I think the first Airmidwest was in 2007?) busplunge: How I Spent The Week: In An Airstream Trailer, Drinking Beer And Eating Deviled Eggs
Old 07-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #167
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
October 24 - 26 works for us
Old 07-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #168
1 Rivet Member

Garfield , Arkansas
Is this event kid friendly? We just bought an AS a few weeks ago so we are new to this