Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #161
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Well, u just spoke to Compton Ridge and was told we could do the weekend if the 24th through 26th or the last of September. Will the 24th through the 26th work better for most people?
Old 07-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #162
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Oct 24-26 looks ok ...
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #163
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Ok,

24th through the 26th at Compton Ridge has been set up. I wont have an exact rate for you, but I can tell you the discounts start when we hit 15 trailers, and increases every 5 trailers. I am in discussions with their corporate office for evening use of the rec hall for meals without their usual fee. If not free, they will discount it as much as they can.

Back when Amy and I initially started this event, it was a chili competition with a winner's trophy. I'm a traditionalist you might say, and we will do it again. The cook-off is usually held saturday evening at pot luck...people not making chili feel free to bring your favorite item. Internet still not hooked up, but will be Monday, and I'll have the official sign-up/rally thread then.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #164
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Count us out. Regina and I are answering the wanderlust. We leave tomorrow on our journey, Airstream is all packed and Suburban is gassed up. We are heading west then north or maybe west then south....our starting place is Eureka KS. Maybe we'll go to every town we find named Eureka. We did this when we were first married in a 17'
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #165
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
That's too bad Jim, was looking forward to catching up since we moved back. Since you were so tired from traffic and driving last summer when you pulled into the Texas rally, we didn't have a chance to talk then
Old 07-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #166
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
It was serendipitous that we pulled into that campground. We got stuck in traffic really bad in Austin....next time I'll pay the toll and take the loop.... we were too tired to make into San Antonio, saw a billboard for Pecan Grove or Pecan Park and took potluck. Pulled into the campgrounds and it was "Hey, look at all the airstreams!" that campground got flooded pretty bad this spring. Our profile picture was taken at the rally.

We plan to be out on the road until November. We used to travel all the time when we 'were first married, first in a 1968 17' Utopia, then a whole series of cheap SOBs, then a Mobilux motorhome, then a 40' Kountry Aire two bedroom fifth wheel,,,a really nice camper, and now our 1978 Airstream, polished so pretty that I set the woods on fire when we drive down the highway.

Gonna stay off interstates, just blue highways. Got new axles this Summer, wasn't too hard to put them in, my nephew helped me. was able to raise my hitch almost 3 inches.

You all have fun, I'll let someone else make the deviled eggs! Here, I'll refresh your memory,,,remember, this was in 2008, we're all a lot older now... (actually I think the first Airmidwest was in 2007?) busplunge: How I Spent The Week: In An Airstream Trailer, Drinking Beer And Eating Deviled Eggs
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #167
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
October 24 - 26 works for us
sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #168
1 Rivet Member

Garfield , Arkansas
Is this event kid friendly? We just bought an AS a few weeks ago so we are new to this
mkdaily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:49 PM   #169

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Yes! Bring the kids, it's a fun rally with all ages attending.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:08 PM   #170
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Folks, I sincerely apologize for taking so long in sign up information. Compton ridge recently had its' grand reooening after being bought by a Texas company. Apparently, the weekend discussed is considered a holiday because they hold their "Witchy Weekend" event that weekend. When we set the event that weekend, I was told that Witchy weekend was the weekend before and after.

The usual rates for holiday camping that weekend is cost prohibitive, but if we have at least 15 trailers reserve then we should receive a much lower price. Today in my conversation with them, the park wanted to know names of people who would be calling within a few days to reserve. They just want to ensure we can provide campers to take the spots they hold.

I told them I could think of 6-7 people that would likely reserve quickly to help them feel better about holding the spots for the group. Can I get some verbal shout outs on who can reserve within a week?
Old 07-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #171
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
OK, so now we're on for October 24-26 at Compton Ridge rather than the last weekend of September at Acorn Acres, correct? Official?
Mount'n Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #172
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
How about Oct 24-26 at Acorn Acres? We can't make the last weekend of Sept.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:46 AM   #173
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Might check out Cooper Creek Campground on Lake Taneycomo that OKIEDEBI mentioned a while back. That looks interesting and trout fishing should be good. I know some of us like to fish
Old 07-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #174
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Cooper Creek has 75 full hookups
Old 07-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #175
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I can't believe this, I left a big long post last night regarding everything with the rally, and now it disappeared.

I have to apologize for taking so long to get everything set up with this event. The campground had its' grand reopening just this week, and things have been very hectic there. Apparently, the weekend we want to have the rally is also a holiday weekend for the park during their "witchy weekends". When I made the date reservation, I was told this was not the case. there is always a higher cost associated with having it during this holiday weekend at the park, but I was told we can like we have a significant discount by having at least 15 trailers.

Because the park doesn't want to hold 15 spots for us unless we can guarantee a large group, they asked me how many people would be willing to call and make a reservation within the first 48 to 72 hours of the reservation opening. I told him that I couldn't guarantee how many people would call, but i know us at least seven to eight a few that are interested in attending.

In regards to acorn acres, I contacted them several times but haven't gotten anywhere. They require $75 per day that we wish to use the rec room, there will be no discounting allowed. I also could never get ahold of the park owners, just their teenage children to work in the office. After asking for someone to call me back in management about the event several times, I've decided not to use them.

Coopers creek does not have a grouo meeting area...it may be pretty cold near November. Do we want to pursue that?
At this point I am running low on time to contact multiple parks, and try and make a deal with them. I started my new job in Branson this week, and will be very busy with everything going on with that.

Is everybody confident that we can get 15 trailers at minimum to show up to the Compton Ridge event if held on the 24th through 26th of October? sound off if you plan on being there, & I can try and give a better counted the park.

Steve
Old 07-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #176
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Does Cooper Creek have a campfire area? East enough to eat around the fire, particularly Chile, if it is not raining.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #177
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sams View Post
Does Cooper Creek have a campfire area? East enough to eat around the fire, particularly Chile, if it is not raining.
Sams, would you like to give them a call? Im in operating room today.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #178
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
We plan on attending, just need to solidify the dates for Jo Ann's travel schedule. Count us in!
Mount'n Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #179
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
I'm sure we can come, no reason why not. Count us in. Wherever.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #180
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Sam, because of not having a large enough rec room or meeting room, and because of the time of year, I think Cooper Creek wouldn't be the best place for us. We have had rain several times at our fall rally so it might be best to have a room to gather. I think we should go with what Steve has proposed, I know it's hard to get all this nailed down, wanting to please most folks. We have always had more than 15 trailers, right? I would be willing to go ahead and make a reservation and if needed, I could cancel later if we won't be able to make it.
I think we may have made Acorn Acres upset with us for not coming back??...oh well, I've not been to Compton's Ridge so it sounds good!
okiedebi is offline   Reply With Quote