Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2006, 07:37 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2004 25' Safari
Prescott , Arizona
Send a message via AIM to gadgetat Send a message via Yahoo to gadgetat
Terrific Idea

The affinity groups and the regional calendars are both fantastic ideas. I'd check in with those often.

We picked up our Airstream in 04' to use when spending weeks / months in Northern NH cycling, kayaking & moose watching. Also, after our hike on the AT it was decided that we wanted to keep hiking, but that we'd like to return to a place that was dry & warm with a bed, shower, toilet, heat, and endless supply of soda. That's when we first started shopping around!

The grouping ideas sound great. When I go north it is normally to boondock, hike, mountain bike, and kayak. Any group get togethers with those themes would be marked up on my calendar fast!

And love the pictures here so far!!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	moose.gif
Views:	123
Size:	277.1 KB
ID:	17727
WBCCI #2551 | blog
gadgetat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:18 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Is level of expertise going to be a factor here or can learners attend as well as "pros?" Not wanting to be a drag, but wanting to expand our skills.
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
spring flowers

I'd like to chase the spring flowers around with my camera. I wonder where to go and when.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #24
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Two thoughts on the execution of the calendar:

1. When the event is created have there be a choice of event type, WBCCI, Forum, Affinity and depending on the type the color can be different on the main calendar. This would also be the time (at creation of calendar event) that the region that the event will be held in will be defined. These regions will need to be defined, like Shari said the WBCCI regions are a good start.

2. On the bar at the top of the calendar page add to the choices of week/motnh/year to include the various regions so the view can be filtered, or a new pulldown with the choice of views.

This keeps it all on one calendar, but allows for the user to define the region they want to see events for, or they can see what is happening nationwide in one view.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:45 PM   #25
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
April photography...

I have very tenitive plans to spend a large part of April on the road and photographing.... It looks like the TN area or maybe NM and parts in between. Is there any interest in a photography outing in either of those areas?

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:11 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2004 25' Safari
Prescott , Arizona
Send a message via AIM to gadgetat Send a message via Yahoo to gadgetat
Always welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Is level of expertise going to be a factor here or can learners attend as well as "pros?" Not wanting to be a drag, but wanting to expand our skills.
I think all levels should be welcome. Personally, when cycling, hiking, or kayaking I like taking the "touring" approach. No hurry, no fixed goal (must go 12 miles or bust), and always room for distractions. If I find a great spot while paddling I'll usually pull in and swim for a while. Same goes for biking & kayaking. It's supposed to be enjoyable after all, not work.

Oh, and who hasn't been a beginner at one point or another??
WBCCI #2551 | blog
gadgetat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:21 PM   #27
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Couldnt agree more, the idea is to have fun. I hope to learn and share some of what I know with everyone as far as photography. I want to learn about fly fishin, at the moment I dont know beans about that though.....

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:49 PM   #28
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Gen Disarray, we will be having a mini rally at Fort Mountain in North Georgia April 21-23. If you will be down this way, come join us. There are also great flyfishing areas in Tennessee. The Caney Fork River and Tellico River are two of my favorites. The Caney Fork River has a very nice campground called Long Branch with water and electricity. Reservations can be made at reserveusa.com. The camping at Tellico is boondocking and find a spot when you get there. But you can't beat the scenery and is well worth the trip!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:06 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Talk of a Digital RV- Photography Rally

Looks like The Digital RV site (gadgetat/Rich Charpentier author/writer of The Digital RV) is asking for suggestions for a photography rally.

Suggested so far is Baniff. Go add your suggestions. I sure would like to see this kind of rally happen more often.

http://www.digitalrv.net/forum/index...en.html#msg302

photography
Old 02-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Banff sounds terrific. I wonder if a string of parks in the US might be added. Glacier National Park is, I believe, the nearest to Banff. Then there are the fabulous Yellowstone and Grand Teton parks. In between are some of the best flyfishing rivers in the world.

Wyoming, Montana, Alberta and throw in Idaho and that sounds like a wonderful 4 to 8 week circuit. How about it?

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:41 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung
Banff sounds terrific. I wonder if a string of parks in the US might be added. Glacier National Park is, I believe, the nearest to Banff. Then there are the fabulous Yellowstone and Grand Teton parks. In between are some of the best flyfishing rivers in the world.

Wyoming, Montana, Alberta and throw in Idaho and that sounds like a wonderful 4 to 8 week circuit. How about it?
Did you put your feedback over there? I know Rich Luhr and Burt Gildart who was a ranger at Glacier for 12 seasons are considering it as well. But the time frame needs to be zeroed in.

My husband and I usually like to go in the fall when the crowds die down, but I think they are considering right after the International on the 4th of July. How does that work out with your schedule, sound good?

We also would love to see Yellowstone and Grand Tetons again. We have never been as West as Idaho yet. All that area is so gorgeous!

photography
Old 02-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
No I haven't posted the parks circuit idea elsewhere. It seems more reasonable to organize the ideas here in airstreamforums because that's where the most likely participants will see it.

So, why not start a new thread for say a loop tour including Banff, Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton. We haven't made plans for the summer yet, but it seems that from the third week of June thru early September, my wife and I are free as birds. Photo shoots with flyfishing enroute sounds terrific.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Great idea, Mike! As Big Dee has found, getting reservations for more than a few rigs is sometimes tough to do once the weather turns nice....especially during the summer months when the kids and their teachers are out of school. I would love to attend a combo flyfishing/photography forum get-together....I have always wanted to learn to flyfish....and, the photography happens no matter where I go.

I am wondering if maybe the way to do it is to just announce on the calendar where you plan to be and what you plan to do while there. Folks could chime in once they get their own reservations.

Dee

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 02-11-2006, 11:41 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Right on!

Photography--Moab, Page, Bluff
Kayaking--Port Townsend WA, Bandon OR, name a place Northern CA

love the idea of a boondocking BLM area to congregate

Could we start a thread for each topic of interest and see if the interested parties can reach a consensus on two locations to start with?

Suggestions for other topics: outrageous gourment meals in the boondocks, best boondock wine cellar, hang gliders, real glider support teams (Tonopah NV in June, already), geological nuts would love the Potholes in WA, how about fossil hunters? And how about a maintenance rally in some really boring place (near a hardware source, of course) where all you'd wan to do is repair and polish.... hey, not really kidding here.

Roger
Palmer Lake, CO
Old 02-19-2006, 07:21 AM   #35
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3isnotenough
Right on!

Photography--Moab, Page, Bluff
Kayaking--Port Townsend WA, Bandon OR, name a place Northern CA

love the idea of a boondocking BLM area to congregate

Could we start a thread for each topic of interest and see if the interested parties can reach a consensus on two locations to start with?

Suggestions for other topics: outrageous gourment meals in the boondocks, best boondock wine cellar, hang gliders, real glider support teams (Tonopah NV in June, already), geological nuts would love the Potholes in WA, how about fossil hunters? And how about a maintenance rally in some really boring place (near a hardware source, of course) where all you'd wan to do is repair and polish.... hey, not really kidding here.

Roger
Palmer Lake, CO
Hi Roger,
Great themes!
BLM boondocking has been some of my most memoriable A/S experiences.

Lets make it happen!

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote