Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2005, 02:33 PM   #1
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
3rd annual xmas rally in Blanco, Tx

Its that time of the year again and we are going to be a Blanco State Park Dec. 9-11 for their christmas market and Santa parade (Saturday from 10-3) and hopefully a small gathering of fellow airstreamers/forum members.
As of today (Nov 6th), 20 plus spaces available.
If you want to join us, make reservations TODAY.

reservation numbers:
Austin: 512-389-8900
Blanco: 830-833-4333
or
http://www.reserveamerica.com/
under campground name enter: Blanco State Park
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 02:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
Sounds like fun but won't be able to make a Texas rally this time.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 AM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Reservation made

Five hour wait for a callback on the phone reservation number, so I went through Reserve America for the extra $3. Hard to believe they have such a phone backlog this time of year.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Blanco Rally

Peter,
Even though we own SOB (at this time)...we are signed up to attend the rally in Blanco. Another member invited us to join. I hope this is OK. I made our reservations today. Please let us know what we need to bring...food...drink...whatever. Thanks! Carl
Carl1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:37 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Thumbs up Christmas along the Blanco

Hi Campers! I've missed you this long hot summer, now camping weather is here at last!
Peter put the post up about the Christmas parade. and I too made the reservations thru the reserve america link, the park system must have just given up! they used to take res, till about 9pm now it's only till 5pm and then they have the nerve to even offer that call back thing, yeah like I beleive that!
I would have been shocked if you said they called right back haha!
But the Reserve America site used to charge 5dollars now it's 3, so maybe they made a deal and the price dropped and they do it all, you can always call the park direct.you can call on the day you want to arrive and they will take your credit card over the phone so I think they will take them in advance.
Anyhow,what to bring and who is welcome?
Everyone is welcome even tents and SOB's,of course,but, if it comes to it you will be the first ones voted off the island, but other than that I see no diff.
We encourage everyone, our core group is mostly adults who seem to like to drink and tell lies around the camp fire at night. Beer mostly but I've seen hot chocolate and cider once. I prefer coffee myself and make it even after dark.
What to bring, what ever you need, and we always do a pot luck on Saturday night, generally people do their own meat thing and then bring something else too, we've never had a lack of food that's for sure!
We also always do door prizes after dinner. Each rigs that thinks of it brings a prize and we put everyones name in a hat and draw winners for the prizes. I see no reason to stop that tradition, it can be anything you want, including what you won from the last door prize. Flamingos are popular.
CatStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:55 PM   #6
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1949
Peter,
Even though we own SOB (at this time)...we are signed up to attend the rally in Blanco. Another member invited us to join. I hope this is OK. I made our reservations today. Please let us know what we need to bring...food...drink...whatever. Thanks! Carl
Carl, glad you made reservations and we are looking forward to seeing you there!
Catstream already outlined our usual 'no rules', so be prepared to just have a good ole time.
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 PM   #7
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStream
they used to take res, till about 9pm now it's only till 5pm and then they have the nerve to even offer that call back thing, yeah like I beleive that!
Believe it or not, they actually do call back. When I went to Carlsbad a few weeks ago, I needed a Saturday night reservation at South Llano. I was given a 1 hour 15 minute callback estimate and they hit it almost on the nose. It was good that I reserved; they were full that night.

I did have a hard time believing a 5-hour waiting time Monday, though. They probably have one clerk this time of year. Since I was not going to be home in that time frame, I was stuck with internet reservations.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-10-2005, 06:21 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Blanco Rally

I REALLY hate to do this, but I am going to have to back out on the rally. Since my wife and I are so undecided about our RVing needs, I think it is unfair of us to crash your party. Honestly, we would feel like the odd man out...if you know what I mean. We are going to a football game in San Antonio this saturday and are going to drop by the Airstream dealer there and look at the products again. Once we truly KNOW that an Airstream is the direction we want to proceed...hopefully at that time we can join you in a rally. We really appreciate the invitation. I will be watching your thread and keeping up with what is going on. Have a wonderful time. Your friend and fellow camper...Carl1949
Old 11-14-2005, 12:50 PM   #9
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
Blanco is OK

Charles and I plan to be there, I've been looking forward to seeing all of you there!

Boy, do I have a great gift to wrap!

Carl1949, This group is loose so come if you can, you'll have a great time! Maybe you will see a A/S configuration that will impress you
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 04:54 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Blanco and Counting

Looks as it will be a small gathering....I would guess 6 to 10 units...

The weather "turned" in Houston today...cooler temps are here at last.

If anyone in the Houston - San Antonio - Austin area is wondering what the Forum Rallys are "about" this would be a good one to make....

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 09:48 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Beer Tour?

Hi John so glad to hear ya'all will be there! Now I simply must get an execellant door prize! I know Mary and Lora are shopping as I type!
Carl ,sorry to hear your plans changed. I hope it wasn't somthing I said, I was just trying to be funny, besides we're not even going to be on an Island I just figured anyone who can call his rig an SOB certainly has a sense of humor and would fits in just fine! I mean that friend, and WHAT better way to see if you wanted an Airstream than to see some in action.

Hey , Oakhill asked about a beer tour at the Real ALe brewery again, I sent them and email and this was the reply

thanks for writing. we currently offer tours on mon, wed, fri, and some
sundays (all are brewing days) due to production schedules. we are planning
to brew on that sunday, so your options for a tour would be friday or sunday
at 12:30 (12/9 or 12/11). please let us know which you one works best for
your group, and about how many there will be. thanks for your support and
have fun airstreaming!
cheers,
Gabriel
Those are tuff hours, too early on Friday for most of us I imagine, Sunday could work , altho you know PeterH will have driven us home by noon! But if anyone wants to do it please post.
I said I would give an answer after the Thanksgiving.
Just one thing if 87MH buys another keg of Coffee Beer, we HAVE to drink it ALL!
Old 11-18-2005, 05:40 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

Hi all, finally got our schedule arranged so we can do the Blanco Xmas No Rules Rally. Really looking forward to seeing everyone and sitting around the campfire sipping the CoffeePorter Ale. Or whatever it was. My memory is hazy after several. I"ll check the closets and hiding places to find an appropriate gift. We've downsized so maybe I can part with some of my treasures. Too bad the brewery has 'hours' now. I guess their new location doesn't lend itself to dropins. I loved the previous tour, the brewery crew seemed like just a bunch of kids that really really liked making beer and (lucky for us) sharing it. Chuck (Aliner) says he wants to come again and he's proof that we don't discriminate against non airstream rigs. You just have to have a fun friendly attitude and an appreciatiation for unique rigs. See ya'll Friday. Mike'nBecky
wildcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 05:45 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

I just want to let you know that I am not upset in any way. I didn't mention it earlier, but my wife and I along with our son and daughter in law are opening a new business hopefully around Dec. 1st., after almost a year in construction from start to finish!!!!!! I had no business charging ahead and making plans so close to this event!!!! What was I thinking! Now we RVers are alike...the first time someone says "let's go"...I have both feet out the door!!! Anyway...I just want you to know this bit of info. I hope you all have a terriffic time in Blanco. We will be thinking of you!!!! Carl
Old 11-19-2005, 08:59 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Carl1949----For years my wife and I rode Motorcycles and I worked for a Harley Davidson dealer. The kidding about SOB's here doesn't hold a candle to what you find in the Motorcycle Industry. People there become downright "vicious". The way we learned to deal with it was if we were guest of another group, Honda's for example, we just rolled with punch,and "took " the jabs. But if an SOB was riding with us they better be prepared to get it back. Like here all in fun. One word of caution--Be prepared to get the Airstream Fever if you go to an outing with something else.-----Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:17 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Don't forget to check the rally calendar. There is a place for you to add your name to the list of who is coming.

http://www.airforums.com/forum...=2005-12-9&c=1
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:47 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

Just made our reservations at Blanco. No hassles, used the reservation line number and only had to hold for a couple of minutes. Hope there is not a fire ban at the park like we encountered at Lake Georgetown last week. Nothing like toasting marshmellows and melting the soles of your hiking boots against a fire ring.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:01 PM   #17
Contributing Member

Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61Overlander
Hope there is not a fire ban at the park like we encountered at Lake Georgetown last week. Nothing like toasting marshmellows and melting the soles of your hiking boots against a fire ring.
Signifigant rain is forecast for this weekend and that may lift the fire bans.

Wouldn't you know that my band is scheduled to play outside for Victorian Christmas both Saturday and Sunday and we will probably be rained out. I'm not about to risk a $3000 banjo in the rain.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-26-2005, 08:39 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Smile Beer there done that

Happy thanksgiving everyone!
Well I am taking it as a NO on the beer tour. we are lucky to have seen the
brewery when it was in the hands of the young beer stewards, they were a lot of fun the way they jumped all around the place and told us they drink as much beer as they please each day, I remember a fat cat and a fabulous old bottling machine also.
We do have the parade to look forward and the FREE CANDY !
Ohhh I love when they toss candy from moving decorated vehicles with sirens!
It sure gets your adrenaline pumping! You need some beer back at camp after that!
Wonder what the weather will do, lets see last week we had our first freeze, lasted about 4 hours, maybe 2 nights in a row, then it was 86, today it rained, tomorrow 80? It's one of those Texas winters, it could be between 80 and 30 degrees! so plan accordingly
Old 11-28-2005, 08:19 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

let it snow let it snow let it snow.......nah, just kidding, though it was cool having snow in galveston and corpus christi last christmas. I'll be hoping for clear cold evenings so the campfire will be fun and warm days so the shopping and antique browsing will be fun. I'm packing my shorts and t shirts along with the thermals and parka.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:48 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

HI ALL
Have not givein up on the Beer tour yet! For Friday Eve. Might have 3 more trailers show up. Should be fun what ever happens!
OakHill is offline   Reply With Quote