Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2004, 03:36 PM   #1
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
2nd annual xmas rally in Blanco, Tx

Its that time of the year again and we are going to be a Blanco State Park Dec. 17-19 for their christmas market and Santa parade (Saturday from 10-3) and hopefully a small gathering of fellow airstreamers/forum members.
If you want to join us, make reservations TODAY.

reservation numbers:
Austin: 512-389-8900
Blanco: 830-833-4333
1992 350LE Classic Touring Coach
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:52 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH-79MH
Its that time of the year again and we are going to be a Blanco State Park Dec. 17-19 for their christmas market and Santa parade (Saturday from 10-3) and hopefully a small gathering of fellow airstreamers/forum members.
If you want to join us, make reservations TODAY.

reservation numbers:
Austin: 512-389-8900
Blanco: 830-833-4333
2018 Interstate GT, "Sabre-Dog V"
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 04:04 PM   #3
Contributing Member

Space reserved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
My wife is in Greece for the next six days. Won't know for sure until she returns and I know her schedule. I think I'll go ahead and make reservations to insure we have a space if we can come.
Got a space reserved. Now I hope that the wife doesn't have something on her plate for that weekend. Guess the cats and I could come without her if needs be.

Since I keep the trailer at Dripping Springs, Blanco is just a hop and a jump. Not that much further to go than Pedernales Falls which is the closest park.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-02-2004, 06:17 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Folks,

Wife and I are not WBCCI memebers, and new to AS, but would love to come! Sounds like so much fun...

Should be good 1st "Winter" camping we have ever done, let alone in an AS!

Kevin
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:21 PM   #5
Contributing Member

Not to worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi_Bandit
Folks,

Wife and I are not WBCCI memebers, and new to AS, but would love to come! Sounds like so much fun...
Kevin
This is a forum rally, not a WBCCI rally. Everyone is welcome. This is about the fourth or fifth get together in this area.

Of course, I would love to see you as part of our Texas Highland Lakes unit.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-02-2004, 06:40 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
This is a forum rally, not a WBCCI rally. Everyone is welcome. This is about the fourth or fifth get together in this area.

Of course, I would love to see you as part of our Texas Highland Lakes unit.
Great!! Consider my wife and our 2 dogs there!! I can't wait! Got a reservation set at Parkview Riverside (across Garner SP) for Thanksgiving, and now we have this to look forward to in Dec.!!

Perhaps we can talk about WBCCI info then!

Thanks

Kevin
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:55 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Thumbs up Think Christmas hohoho

Greetings fellow Airstreamers,

It's been a long hot summer in Austin Texas, and a long hot fall for that matter, but finally camping weather is here! Blanco is having their annual Christmas program tho rather late this year. I kept finding 2 different dates for this year, dec11 and dec18. I finally emailed a one Lesley Griffen of the Blanco Chamber of Comm. and she emailed me that yes there was conflicting dates but assured me Dec 18th was the day for the Christmas Market and all the festivities .
However if anyone hears different , please speak up
For anyone who hasn't been to the Blanco State Park, it's a surprising park, It's right in the middle of "downtown" Blanco next to the Blanco river. Yet the park is very woodsy feeling, dark and quiet at night. You can ride you bike to town along a path and never have to cross the highways. There are shops and restaurants and even a beer brewer in town. Hey maybe we can get another tour and more free beer!!
This is a forums rally, anyone who can read this,is more than welcome to join in. We have been following the no rules, Rule. No agenda, and no 6am breakfasts (outside your own Airstreams)
Burning the midnight oil and much fun along with adult beverages and a campfire are favored. Trips in to town and to see the sights usually happens but really it's what you want to do, it's just a big campout with friends.
We always have a pot luck dinner on Saturday night and try to see how much food we can possibly load on the tables! There is also the tradition especially at Christmas time for the DOOR PRIZES! Each Airstream brings a Door Prize and after the pot luck dinner we draw names for the winners.
Isn't this really why we come! I am going to get me a pink flamingo something or a nother yet!
So call the Texas Parks and Wildlife at 512 389 8900 and reserve a site. Hope all the "regulars" will come out join us! I wonder what I will bring for a door prize
CatStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 11:27 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

count us in!

Count us in, I just made the reservation. Looking forward to seeing ya'll again. This year maybe we can leave early enough to catch the brewery tour. I remember last year showing up late, in the dark, never having backed up a trailer before in the dark and being directed to our campsite by the happy, beery, every so helpful forum group. Unfortunately, there were some tent campers set up in my site but once they saw me backing up blindly toward them, they were most anxious to move. All in all, a very fun weekend with a great bunch of people. We can't wait. Mike 'n' Becky
wildcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:25 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
1971 27' Overlander
1957 22' Caravanner
Jourdanton , Texas
Count us in too. We have reservations. What time is the brewery tour? Wouldn't want to miss it.

Paula
pienjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:35 PM   #10
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
We have reservations, I made it online and the confirmation says "Old Loop" sites 3-10, full hook-up so I hope this is the right one, let me know!

Charles, Sapphire (dog) and I will be ready to roll out of Big D on December 17!

Oh, I have reservations for the International Rally in Springfield Missouri on June 28, this is my first WBCCI function, anyone else thinking about attending?
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:03 PM   #11
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbaker
We have reservations, I made it online and the confirmation says "Old Loop" sites 3-10, full hook-up so I hope this is the right one, let me know!
Oh, I have reservations for the International Rally in Springfield Missouri on June 28, this is my first WBCCI function, anyone else thinking about attending?
As I posted above, Blanco SP is small and you can't be much more than a city block from anyone else. Full hookups are on the circle and also the first few sites on the loop. All full hookups are fairly close to the dump station at the east end of the park. I have a full hookup reserved, also.

Wife and I will be at the International Rally and the Region 9 Rally at Claremore as well.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-24-2004, 09:51 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

We invited our friend Chuck to Blanco Park since he's new to Rving. He has a new Aliner, kinda unique popup with hard sides. He said he would love to come as long as the we Airstreamers didn't make fun of his wierd camper. I assured him that unique camping is right up our alley.
wildcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 08:32 PM   #13
Contributing Member

Blanco Site Map

I photoshoped this from the PDF on the Texas Parks web site. If you haven't been there before, this gives a good idea of how small the camping area is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blanco-State-Park.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	9533  
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-26-2004, 06:42 AM   #14
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61Overlander
We invited our friend Chuck to Blanco Park .............. I assured him that unique camping is right up our alley.

Keep Austin weird!! All are welcome!

Quote:
...........If you haven't been there before, this gives a good idea of how small the camping area is.
Last I checked (11/26), there are still many sites available.
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 07:02 AM   #15
Contributing Member

Available sites

There were 6 sites available as of last night.

I emailed our unit members about the get-together. Only one reply so far, but I suspect a few of them may sign up.
WBCCI #9632
Old 11-26-2004, 07:04 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri

That's a short trip for us, so I'm considering it...
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 03:04 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
The Weirder The Better

Yes Blanco Park is small, and the weather will probably be bad may rain and snow and sleet and flood! Is that a reason not to go? I don't think so!

Just want to make it clear that this is not a WBCCI rally, big or little. Just a camp out/Christmas a party in a small park with good friends.
Bring lights and decorate you rigs. Firewood is also a good idea don't think there is much there even for sale.
The park is located in the middle of downtown Blanco , I beleive it is 29 acres. So you won't be doing any big game hunting (thank God) or deep woods hiking that's for sure, You can fish or ride your bike or take a nice walk .You can also walk/bike or drive to Blanco on Saturday morning 10am for the parade and the Christmas Market
I still haven't remembered the name of the brewery so I can call and ask about a tour, anyone know it's name?.
CatStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 01:16 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

http://www.realalebrewing.com/
OakHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 04:09 PM   #19
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay

That's a short trip for us, so I'm considering it...
Eljay,

I just saw your note, I have been visiting Springfield, Ash Grove and Branson all my life (family in area) .

I was at the Springfield KOA in August of 03, returning to Dallas from a long trip around the Midwest, and met Jim & Janie Haddaway (International President) and they invited me to attend this summers Rally in Springfield. Since I've never been to a WBBCI function, I thought this would be a good time to check-it-out.

What part of Missouri are you in?
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 04:40 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
About an hour south of Kansas City, in a small, "blink you'll miss it", rural town. Springfield is about a 2-3 hour drive for us. LJ
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote