Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2004, 07:07 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

counting the days

What a beautiful day today, got me outside and thinking about camping. Looking forward to seeing ya'll in Blanco. Anyone else thinking of joining? I'll bet there are still sites at the park. If we have weather like today you'll wish you had made plans for the Christmas forum Rally in Blanco.
wildcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 07:59 PM   #22
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Love this Texas weather

We had some pretty good weather last year. It did get cold enough one night to freeze the water hose right at the brass pressure regulator, but the heat pump kept us cozy all night and the propane furnace never came on. The weather was good for the parade and was a just bit nippy for the pot luck, but the big fire kept things pretty comfortable.

Hope it is as nice this year.

The one I worry about is the WBCCI midwinter IBT rally at Montgomery the middle of January. We have committed to help host the rally. The weather usually gets a bit more serious after New Years.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:41 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
1993 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Mound City , Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Catfisherman
If only the get to gether was a few days later. My brother and I are going to Southern Texas (departing evening of the 22nd and hope to arrive - if weather allows on the 23rd of Dec). Hope you all have fun... will be in southern Texas for a week to get out of this colder weather that is suppose to hit here during the Xmas week. Also Hello Eljay - we are kinda close to you, I am in Kansas City.
Catfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:38 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Mary and I are in -

We plan to slide in noonish on Friday...

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Has anyone contacted the brewery to see if they have any coffee beer?

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:41 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hello, Catfisherman! Another Missourian I'm thinking we have enough forum members to start a Mo Rally sometime next year. What do you all think?
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:43 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Oops. I guess I should not have posted that idea on your Texas Xmas gathering. I'm sorry. Have a wonderful merry time
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 12-09-2004, 07:06 PM   #27
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
Blanco isn't far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Oops. I guess I should not have posted that idea on your Texas Xmas gathering. I'm sorry. Have a wonderful merry time
Maxandgeorgia come to Texas and join us! I have family in Springfield, Ash Grove and Branson so I'm in Missouri a few times each year. Are you planning to attend the June International Rally in Springfield?

Happy Holidays!
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:41 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

The more the merrier. What about Mike and Laura, Dennis, what are they up to that weekend? We just found an miniature aluminum christmas tree at Hobby Lobby, perfect for the holidays in the Airstream. Mike
Old 12-12-2004, 03:37 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
I talked to Jim on the phone and he gave me the phone number for the brewery in Blanco.
If you are interested you can all them and see about a tour. Last time we did it on a friday night only because they were brewing that evening , it's a pretty loose outfit not strict hours, and they're closed on the weekend.
the place is called
Real Ale 1-838-833-2534
Sorry that I don't do it myself but I've been and well it's like the park, real small
However that coffee ale was worth going back for! But they only sell it in Kegs so Dennis we need a keg!
Looks like we're going to have cold weather , but cross those fingers that it stays dry!
Last time I do remember Pahaska's pipe freezing . May have to crank up the heater again, good test run for the winter season. Never know around here you might get a freeze for 5 or 6 whole hours in a row!
Also have Christmas Lights, Dennis and Mary are you bringing lights?
Well enjoy this 80 degree afternoon here in central Texas, it's going to plunge in to the 50's and 60's, should feel alot like Christmas at last!
.....anyone hear the weather service computer model for central Texas for Christmas???? they say it could snow! 3 to6 inches east of I35 all the way to KATY! See any thing was liable to happen with the weather around here. let's all ask Santa to send us snow in 2 weeks not 1!
CatStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 06:58 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
John Baker, thanks for the hospitality. You have family in good places-we always enjoy the SW part of the state that you described-off season preferred! And on that note, we probably won't do the international even though it is in our back yard. Crowds and overflow just aren't as appealing as space and ambiance to us. I know lots of people will be coming, though, and will have a great time. Meanwhile, enjoy your Texas Christmas Rally!
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 12-13-2004, 10:16 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Brewery Tour is "On".

The Brewery will be brewing on the 17th!

We must get there NO LATER THAN 6:00 (evening) on Friday, the 17th.

All are welcome - we might even be able to score a quarter keg of Coffee Ale to see us through the weekend.......

At least some of us will do a "Dutch" dinner on the town square after the "tour"....really handy since we will not have to drive.

All are welcome to either the tour or dinner - hopefully both.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Old 12-13-2004, 10:45 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
The Brewery will be brewing on the 17th!

Head Count for the Brewery -

Last year we "overwhelmed" the boys at the brewery with the crowd, so this year they have requested an approximate tour number:

PeterH-79MH - Sat morning - no Beer Tour -

The rest I will assume will be there (or not) for the Brewery Inspection (and free beer). Please Post or PM me if you can't make it - but by all means come anyway if you are "boderline" on making the trip.

Again, this is just for a "Head Count" for the tour - no biggie if we miss the number by a bit either way. I assume two people from each unit.

Pahaska
Bambi_Bandit
61 Overlander
Aliner Chuck - (Hope he has a sense of humor!)
johnbaker
pienjim
87MH
MikenLora

Anyone who will be in the area is more than welcome to "drop in" for the weekend, day, or afternoon - lots of different units will be available for "inspection and questions" the entire weekend....but the best part is the evening meal and "festivities" on Saturday. It'll be a Hoot.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Old 12-13-2004, 01:23 PM   #33
Contributing Member

Two more for the tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87MH
Head Count for the Brewery -

Last year we "overwhelmed" the boys at the brewery with the crowd, so this year they have requested an approximate tour number:
Add two more. Dave and Ginger Fischio will be joining us for the weekend and will be with us on the brewery tour. They have a recent motorhome and are active members of our unit. Dave threw a very successful no-host mini-rally for us at at Georgetown last summer.
WBCCI #9632
Old 12-13-2004, 02:11 PM   #34
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
Free Beer, Yes we'll be there!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Blanco,
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:46 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

3more

We're in too, this year we will not, I repeat, will not let work interfere with us getting away early enough to be set up, in camp, and ready to tour by early afternoon. No more late night setting up in the dark!! I spoke to Chuck and he's looking forward to touring the brewery also. So that's a total of 3. Our new pup Wiley could probably use some beer ( or doggie downers) to mellow out some too but I'm guessing the SPCA would frown on that. Let's see, make a list and check it twice.... xmas lights, plenty of firewood for the bonfire, pot luck dish(I'm thinking maybe chili) cheap gift for exchange, warm coats and cash for Becky to shop. See ya'll there....

ps, chuck said he called and there were 6 sites still available
Old 12-14-2004, 02:13 PM   #36
Contributing Member

One more for the tour

Bill Coldwell from our unit will be joining us, also. He is a disabled Vietnam Vet with a 22' CCD. I'll guarantee that he will be with us on the brewery tour! He's a man who isn't likely to bypass a free beer.

Looks like a cool weekend, but no precipitation is forecast. About 65 high Saturday and with some sun, watching the parade should be quite tolerable. Hard freeze predicted tonight (Tuesday), but forecast says that my water hose shouldn't freeze up at night this weekend.

I drained and blew out my lines this morning and put RV antifreeze in all of the traps. It will probably be a little bit colder in Dripping than in the city.
WBCCI #9632
Old 12-24-2004, 01:40 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Well that was FUN!
Thanks to all who came out!
See you next at................................................
CatStream is offline   Reply With Quote