Old 02-12-2007, 12:55 AM   #71
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreExcella
Claudia,

We have high-speed access at our office, and we are on the shuttle bus route. You're more than welcome to stop by.

jim
Well, thanks! If my wifi doesn't work I might just take you up on it! Great offer! Very Kind!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
Claudia

Old 02-17-2007, 08:58 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
So the weather report is calling for rain all weekend. If that proves true, will the "Fest" still go on?

It's going to be our maiden voyage after all (no time to practice), and the threat of it being rained out-- well it bites!!

Old 02-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
SequoiaCoast

Relax,
We have the rain covered!! Living in the NW.....our group has all the accoutrements to keep the rally attendees from getting wet (and cold)! We'll have Easy-up covers with sides and Firedancers to keep us warm! It can get cozy with a small group.....but that's what camping is all about! We don't retire to our trailers after dinner......we party.........including visiting, telling stories, jamming with our guitars, getting to know each other, telling jokes, touring trailers, and generally having a good time! So don't become dismayed by the weather forecast. BTW.....there is a Seafood and Winefest going on nearby (about a mile away) and some folks attend and some do not....it's up to you.....of course it's all indoors...so weather's not a factor! The CG is great and we're all together in the same loop, so it' s like one big family reunion. It was supposed to rain last year....and we had lots of sunshine......so don't be dismayed by the weather forecast!
Did I mention we have a raincoat for our dog "Gigi" now!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #74
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoiacoast
So the weather report is calling for rain all weekend. If that proves true, will the "Fest" still go on?
Merlot makes everything better and if you don't "do" merlot that's OK too. There are lots of indoor activites in newport to keep you occupied. The aquarium is great!

Does anyone have an lcd projector? We could do a rainy night movie on the side flap of an easy up. I've got white sides and a laptop.... and a copy of the long, long, long trailer.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:37 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Rally on ~ rain or shine!

The rally will be there rain or shine!

The first year we went to Beverly Beach Rally (just up the road a bit...) our Airstream was in pieces, so we took our little teardrop trailer. It rained a lot... but with tarps, our easyup, etc. we did fine... this is a great group to get together with! So, bring the goulashes (did I spell that right?) and raincoat and wine glass!

Gettin' closer! We will either be there Thursday late or Friday (hopefully) by noon. Depends on what time we get to leave here on Thursday. We finally ordered a vintage type awning for Bambi and it arrives on Thursday! So, we will look for the brown delivery truck and then head out!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
Claudia
Old 02-18-2007, 08:15 AM   #76

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
If we didn't camp in the rain, we'd never go camping!

Can't wait to see Gigi's new coat (does it match her bling-bling collar)! And The Tardis's new awning!

I wish I had access to an LCD, movie night is a great idea!

See y'all there!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #77
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
This is great encouragement! It sounds like a hardy group!

About our 'fear' of rain... 'tis not the water per-se, but the cooped up kids! (Like a jabberwocky 8 y/o and a 2 y/o broken record,"Owwwwwwt!!") With options to get out of the trailer (and away from the racket) it sounds like a go!

Now if I can keep the rest of my clan from getting sick!! My daughter has just come down with the dreaded fever that's running around our group of friends! Ugggh. She'll recover in time... but the rest of us?? Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 02-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Stef, I like you picture a day idea. What's that old saying? A picture is worth a thousand words.
Thanks Don
Old 02-18-2007, 12:19 PM   #79
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
If they get squirelly - take them to town. there are movie theatre, bowling alleys, ice cream parlors and lots of other good kind thing to do.

Many of us become tourists during daylight hours - it's one of the big draws of this area. the campground is likely to empty out during the day and as we don't have any organized activities except a saturday Pm pot luck, you should count on needing to fill some time up for the kids (although if the weather is good - they may just entertain themselves....)

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:20 AM   #80
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
I am ready to go camping, like a dog waiting at the front door with his leash 'can we go now? can we go now?'!
I'll give you a Milk Bone when you arrive! or would you rather have a Greenie?

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:22 AM   #81
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
OK, so I am desperately trying to get this rig ready to roll... my daughter keeps trying to pack her clothes into the trailer- and well, I'm just not going to finish everything...

Does anyone, who's attending the rally, have a rivet shaver? And if so, would you be willing to let me try it, so see if I really want to spend the $$$ on one? I have about 45 rivets to beautify around my water heater. I have used my faux-Dremel thus far (on other areas), but with that many... the risk of an oopsie is way magnified !!!

Thanks (way in advance)!!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:46 AM   #82
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
sequoiacoast, I'll bring a inexpensive Drumell tool. The rivets can be finished with this tool very easly.
Don
Old 02-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Getting ready

Hi all, I am getting the Airstream ready today. I am amazed that I even have the spare time.

My Father passed away February 16th. I has been a very hard time around here. I am the one (oldest son) who took the reigns and made all the arrangements, kept track of everyones wishes etc. The service is tomorrow and barring any unforseen circumstances, I will be there sometime Thursday.

Life goes on and the best way to honor his memory is to live my life and remember him often.

I am really looking forward to having some time to relax.

So far as I can tell the menu for Sat. night is :

Pot Roast
Lasagna
Pie
Ceasar Salad

feel free to add to the list

Milk Bones ??? Greenies ???? I'll pass on those.

I am shopping in Newport and I am bringing a small BBQ if anyone needs to use it just ask.

Thats about it right now.

Any questions, just ask !
Life is a journey, not a destination
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #84

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
We could bring our heart-stopping cheesy potatoes to go with all that meat, if you like

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Chris. That's tough. I think a rally is just what you need...

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote