Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Thanks!

I have completed a few searches and it looks like I can find cheapie wifi nearby... I guess I will have to sit and have coffee while I grade papers online.... maybe my students would rather I have a glass of wine at the festival first!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
Claudia
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:12 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Go float hunting!

Check this out, if you go to this rally. Every year the Chamber Of Commerce hides fishing floats on the beach. I thought you might be interested in doing some beachcombing as an activity. One of these days I'm going to go up there and find a float! I can't attend this rally. Find one in my honor! I read about this in Sunset magazine a long time ago.

Pyromania's Frequently Asked Questions

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #63
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Eugene , Oregon
Potluck

We will be bringing Lasagna for the Potluck.

Brad
Kintscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:19 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Make it an even dozen units attending.....

I convinced my friend Jim, who recently bought a 2007 25' CCD, to attend the rally! He made his own reservations. WOW.....the whole campground is filling up fast! I did a walk-thru at the dealer, Sutton RV, with him......it's a keeper! He will be in G16. This will be the newest unit attending....and will be his maiden voyage....so give him some assistance....because he's also never backed a trailer. You'll want to tour this trailer....it's a knockout!

Now as to campsites.......I see Stef has a 50' site for her Caravel......Stef....isn't that overkill?? Would you be willing to trade?? I could probably stay in my 32' site....but would have some problems parking my TV. Jonathan says they don't like campers to park on the grass. How bout it Stef?

Food.....we'll bring a cranberry/apple tart for dessert Saturday pm!

Gary/Janet.....if you don't bring your 24' RD Argy.........you better at least bring computer and pics........we need to know what you're doing with that beast! Also....we will bring our Argy.....so be prepared for lots of ?'s about restoring it.

We're ready to Raaaaaallllllly!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:52 AM   #65

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
You bet, Jim, no problem at all I just picked one close to party central, I don't even look at how long they are, I always know I'll fit!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:17 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Thanks Stef,
We'll check and see if Thursday evening is open at G23....cuz we're coming in Thursday pm. If that works....I'll pm you.
It may not be that biga deal......but geez....it seems 50' is kinda long for a Caravel?
We're looking forward to seeing you guys and catch up on our lives!

Jim & Cheryl

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 02-11-2007, 01:51 AM   #67

1968 17' Caravel
I am ready to go camping, like a dog waiting at the front door with his leash 'can we go now? can we go now?' I'm looking forward to seeing everyone without quite as big a crowd as BB!

Old 02-11-2007, 07:50 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
whaaaaa.....

I so want to go! We got it all wrong = we have to work, the kids have prior commitments. We will be in Cannon Beach the previous weekend though - we'll be leaving right before you guys come - we leave Wednesday. Anybody in the area before this time? The campgrounds are really filling up - you should all have a great time!

There's a great little breakfast shop in old Newport - Stephanie's. We'll be traveling to Newport just for breakfast!
Have fun all!
Miss you!
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #69
Argosy/Airstream since 79

1989 29' Excella
Newport , Oregon
Claudia,

We have high-speed access at our office, and we are on the shuttle bus route. You're more than welcome to stop by.

jim
WBCCI #4362
Member, Oregon Unit 090
Affiliate Member, Washington Unit 112
OreExcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #70

1968 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ms75Argosy
There's a great little breakfast shop in old Newport - Stephanie's. We'll be traveling to Newport just for breakfast!
Have fun all!
Miss you!
Marc
Clearly I will need to check that out!

We'll see you guys at the next one

Old 02-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #71
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreExcella
Claudia,

We have high-speed access at our office, and we are on the shuttle bus route. You're more than welcome to stop by.

jim
Well, thanks! If my wifi doesn't work I might just take you up on it! Great offer! Very Kind!

Claudia
Old 02-17-2007, 07:58 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
So the weather report is calling for rain all weekend. If that proves true, will the "Fest" still go on?

It's going to be our maiden voyage after all (no time to practice), and the threat of it being rained out-- well it bites!!
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
SequoiaCoast

Relax,
We have the rain covered!! Living in the NW.....our group has all the accoutrements to keep the rally attendees from getting wet (and cold)! We'll have Easy-up covers with sides and Firedancers to keep us warm! It can get cozy with a small group.....but that's what camping is all about! We don't retire to our trailers after dinner......we party.........including visiting, telling stories, jamming with our guitars, getting to know each other, telling jokes, touring trailers, and generally having a good time! So don't become dismayed by the weather forecast. BTW.....there is a Seafood and Winefest going on nearby (about a mile away) and some folks attend and some do not....it's up to you.....of course it's all indoors...so weather's not a factor! The CG is great and we're all together in the same loop, so it' s like one big family reunion. It was supposed to rain last year....and we had lots of sunshine......so don't be dismayed by the weather forecast!
Did I mention we have a raincoat for our dog "Gigi" now!

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 02-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #74
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoiacoast
So the weather report is calling for rain all weekend. If that proves true, will the "Fest" still go on?
Merlot makes everything better and if you don't "do" merlot that's OK too. There are lots of indoor activites in newport to keep you occupied. The aquarium is great!

Does anyone have an lcd projector? We could do a rainy night movie on the side flap of an easy up. I've got white sides and a laptop.... and a copy of the long, long, long trailer.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:37 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Rally on ~ rain or shine!

The rally will be there rain or shine!

The first year we went to Beverly Beach Rally (just up the road a bit...) our Airstream was in pieces, so we took our little teardrop trailer. It rained a lot... but with tarps, our easyup, etc. we did fine... this is a great group to get together with! So, bring the goulashes (did I spell that right?) and raincoat and wine glass!

Gettin' closer! We will either be there Thursday late or Friday (hopefully) by noon. Depends on what time we get to leave here on Thursday. We finally ordered a vintage type awning for Bambi and it arrives on Thursday! So, we will look for the brown delivery truck and then head out!

Claudia
Old 02-18-2007, 07:15 AM   #76

1968 17' Caravel
If we didn't camp in the rain, we'd never go camping!

Can't wait to see Gigi's new coat (does it match her bling-bling collar)! And The Tardis's new awning!

I wish I had access to an LCD, movie night is a great idea!

See y'all there!

Old 02-18-2007, 09:21 AM   #77
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
This is great encouragement! It sounds like a hardy group!

About our 'fear' of rain... 'tis not the water per-se, but the cooped up kids! (Like a jabberwocky 8 y/o and a 2 y/o broken record,"Owwwwwwt!!") With options to get out of the trailer (and away from the racket) it sounds like a go!

Now if I can keep the rest of my clan from getting sick!! My daughter has just come down with the dreaded fever that's running around our group of friends! Ugggh. She'll recover in time... but the rest of us?? Keeping my fingers crossed!
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #78
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Stef, I like you picture a day idea. What's that old saying? A picture is worth a thousand words.
Thanks Don
NorCal Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #79
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
If they get squirelly - take them to town. there are movie theatre, bowling alleys, ice cream parlors and lots of other good kind thing to do.

Many of us become tourists during daylight hours - it's one of the big draws of this area. the campground is likely to empty out during the day and as we don't have any organized activities except a saturday Pm pot luck, you should count on needing to fill some time up for the kids (although if the weather is good - they may just entertain themselves....)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:20 AM   #80
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
I am ready to go camping, like a dog waiting at the front door with his leash 'can we go now? can we go now?'!
I'll give you a Milk Bone when you arrive! or would you rather have a Greenie?

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538