Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
2nd annual Hill Country get together

Hi all well Sean and Rondie are doing it again we are putting up the 2nd annual hill country get together (rally) this one will be a blast and just as fun as our 1st central TX and hill country rally both of 2011. It will be at Millers creek RV resort just outside of Johnson City at the 290 & 281 intersection our rally dates are Sept 28th,29th and 30th, we have a rally rate of $28.00. Now for the festivity's we are having music both TX blues and some country with old rock for us old guys I have a tentative we will be there from a group that has some well know artist from TX and looking to bring in some local talent. We are having a promotion airstream for twisted X brewery the newest Tex Mex beer in TX and is it good oh its free beer, and for you Wine lovers wine tasting on site from another airstreamer (if I get his trailer done in time he he,), food well I am working on the park to feed us Paul the owner of the park is a great cook and after a long day driving in would it be nice to not cook but we will see if he will buy off on it. Sat I am smoking the mystery meat for the pot luck and supplying it . as far as requirements for all you must be willing to have fun we hope to still have water in the creek for some tube races and just soaking your bones, open house will be in the mix also I am looking into some vintage trailers to show up for this one guys and gals it was so nice to have Diann with her 48 at the Easter rally I will have more stuff to post as time goes I have enclosed some info on the park and brewery we have reserved 30 sites and this will be the first rally Rondi & I have put together that we don't have to work the park as we did in San Marcos central TX rally and the 2 in Johnson city thank god for Bruce & Rose who we cohosted with they worked their butt's off on the Easter Rally and made it a hit lets do it again and have fun fun fun. Sean & Rondi Miller Creek RV Resort - Cabins, Camp, Ground, Sites, RV Park, Retirement Community, Texas Hill Country, Johnson City, TX
http://www.texmexbeer.com/main.html , Vintage travelers

Name:   Bottle_Cap_with_Text twisted X.jpg
Views: 1728
Size:  27.5 KB

Name:   miller creek logo.png
Views: 1593
Size:  37.2 KB
Old 06-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
Beer, music AND wine? Count us in!

Do I call Miller Creek directly to make our reservations?

Lynn
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Hi Lynn yes call them direct about time we get you to one of our rallys ya Sean
Miller creek 830 868 2655 tell them you are with thee airstream group and you are good to go.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Things are coming together

Well Spear Guy made his reservation, have 3 more streamers give us a pm starting their in, 5 of our customers are in for it , nice to see they get a chance to camp in their rig's. Our wine guy has made his commitment to be here handing out samples, will post the groups name once we get the paperwork in with a signature should be a good get together with fun fun fun.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Roseann and I are in. Might just bring the 54 cloud
No amount of time will erase the memory of a great dog.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Scranton , Arkansas
sean probably cant make it. got a lot on my plate about then. let u know later frenchy
L.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Hey Frenchy---If you can't come send Jamalaya Fed-Ex overnight. I'll pick it up in Johnson City. Hope all is well with you, brother!
No amount of time will erase the memory of a great dog.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
We had company here at the park this weekend some good friends Frank&Mike and Mikes mom and sister and niece , What a great family many thanks to ya all for making a great and memorable weekend for us Well the guys said they will try and make the rally as they were at the first one here, and they were the first to respond to our Central TX rally in San Marcos last year They kicked it off for Rondi & I but sadly they had to cancel due to work conflicts. We were so happy to have them at our hill country rally last year and look forward to having them with us this year.
We have had a few sign up through the park already I will update once I get a current list form Millers
Old 06-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiontimo View Post
We had company here at the park this weekend some good friends Frank&Mike and Mikes mom and sister and niece , What a great family many thanks to ya all for making a great and memorable weekend for us Well the guys said they will try and make the rally as they were at the first one here, and they were the first to respond to our Central TX rally in San Marcos last year They kicked it off for Rondi & I but sadly they had to cancel due to work conflicts. We were so happy to have them at our hill country rally last year and look forward to having them with us this year.
We have had a few sign up through the park already I will update once I get a current list form Millers

We had a great time spending the weekend with you both! Lots of laughs, great food, great time catching up. Sean and Rondie are always so welcoming. This was our first time to visit Miller Creek RV Resort and what a wonderful place to camp! We have passed by so many times but had never driven in to check it out.

We are looking forward to the September Rally. Hopefully our work travel schedules will cooperate. Thanks again for a fun weekend Sean and Rondie! We look forward to seeing you before Septermber hopefully.
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
1958 22' Flying Cloud
San Angelo , Texas
We're in!

Just made reservations for the Sept. gathering. Will be good to see everyone again! We love Miller Creek, having stayed there many times while visiting kids and family in Austin & San Antonio. Paul is a great host and his Texas waffles are the best!!!
Joy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
The date falls right on one of our WBCCI unit campouts. I'll have to discuss with my wife which of the two rallies we will attend.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #12
Retired Fishing Guide

2005 28' Classic
Port O'Connor , Republic of Texas
Nancy & I are now registered for the get together. Arriving on Wed.
WBCCI # 3133
Cap-N-Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #13
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
alright great to see people getting in for the fun a new couple to airstreaming has e mailed me they will attend there first rally in a 60 overlander we are just excitted to have new and old friends come in for this one I was told I will be cooking a lot of good stuff oh ya if Bruce can light the fire for me we will be good to go right Bruce he he
Old 06-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Johnson City , Texas
Free Beer????? Hummmm......Haaaaaaa..... Im sure I can make it!
Hey all, the Alumapoluza was amazing, I'm going to try and get back there next year!!!
screamstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #15
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
The date falls right on one of our WBCCI unit campouts. I'll have to discuss with my wife which of the two rallies we will attend.
Is there still space? We have decided to blow off the WBCCI campout on the same weekend and attend this rally instead.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:12 AM   #16
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
We got plenty of room bring it on call the park Fran is putting the reservations together need to reserve early to get the good sites. parks number is 830 868 2622.. We had company here this weekend and first of the week Joy and family nice to see good people here with airstreams don't feel like the lone wolf , we hoped to spend more time visiting but shop time has called us a lot this last few weeks.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #17
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Happy to hear it Carol call the park for a space kid , how did your trailer pull sure looked good and level last time we seen ya. I think you are putting more travel time than we did last few years way to go.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Johnson City , Texas
Everything seems to be working out with that hitch adjustment! I'm finally level!! Yes, many miles traveled, but Upstate NY and Alumapoluza was worth the trip. Airstream worked on my trailer some, rotating tires, checking brakes etc They are awesome! Got a new bumper and taillight housing too!! I mentioned mine were not as shiney as they should be, next thing i knew, they guy was carrying out new parts!!! All under warranty!! I would love to have them do any service work in future. Too bad they are in Ohio! At least I'm all shiny again!! Will call for a spot at Miller Creek today. Wish me luck towing thru the desert to cooler mountains in Utah.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Johnson City , Texas
Correction on that phone number for the Miller Creek

830-868-2655
toll free 877-868-2622
Old 06-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #20
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Thanks Carol stay safe out there if you go to the drive in airstream park in utah tell them Sean & Rondi says hi we were to be there this summer and do a caravan there but the shop just to much work this year.