Dandridge , Tennessee
DOG
[Dutch Oven Gathering]
Sept. 24, 2011
Jim & Regina
272 Very Old Barton Trail
Dandridge, TN 37725
865-803-3963

We are having a DOG [Dutch Oven Gathering] at our house. We live on Douglas Lake. We have room for your camper [ no electric just water] if you want to come and stay for the week end. The main cooking will be on Saturday. Bring your Dutch Oven and come out and join the fun . Pots on the table around 6PM. Swimming, boating, camping and a big campfire to sit by and relax after a great meal prepared in a Dutch Oven.

Don't forget to bring your lawn chairs, utensils and something to drink. Our dog does not play well with others so you might want to leave your dog at home. We will eat around 6PM.

Directions [Some GPS are wrong]

On I -40 take Exit 417 to Dandridge, TN. Turn south on 92 [at bottom of ramp]. Follow 92 over big green bridge. Go about 7 miles to Indian Creek Road [also 363] and turn left. Go less than 1 mile to Sandy Ridge Road and turn left. Go about 1/2 mile to Stillhouse Road [just past white picket fence on your left] and turn right. Go to first road on your right at bottom of steep hill. Turn onto Very Old Barton Trail and follow to our house. We have all the huge rocks at our driveway. Turn right and follow gravel drive to your right. This will take you to our cooking area.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Dutchstream Rally 2011
Date: Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2011
3rd Annual Event

* LOCATION *
Ripplin’ Waters Campground
1930Winfield Dunn Parkway [Highway 66]
Sevierville, TN 37876
1-888-747-7546 or 865-453-4169
Located 5 miles south of I-40 at EXIT 407

Your hosts are: Jim & Regina 865-803-3963 Site # 1

All meals will be at the pavilion.

RAFFLE: Bring an unwrapped item to give away at the RAFFLE on Saturday night after dinner. This can be an inexpensive new item, used item, funny, gag or whatever. We will give everyone a ticket that donates a RAFFLE item. [This is volunteer only, you do not have to bring a raffle gift.]

FRIDAY EVENING: 6:30 PM This will be a pot luck for the folks that arrive early.

SATURDAY BRUNCH: 9 AM. Bring a dish to share.

SATURDAY EVENING: 6 PM Pot luck dinner at the pavilion.

RAFFLE 6:45 PM Don’t forget your tickets.

SUNDAY MORNING Pot luck breakfast at our site [ # 1] at 9 AM.

Don’t forget to bring your own utensils, cups, plates and beverage to each meal.

Church service at the pavilion at 10 AM. Provided by the Ripplin' Waters Campground.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #45
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
Hi Jim boy sure wish Rondi and I could be there but we are in Johnson city TX got to tell ya my friend awe met in Hiawasse GA ( Spelling sucks) you were parked next to us we had so much fun there and after you showed me how to use a dutch oven I use mine every week and am learning we even have now hosted a rally Central TX airfourms rally, and now another one Johnson city get together just wanted to let you know you guys inspired Rondi and I and we are having a ball. Sean & Rondi & Juno ps I did get that canoe polished finely.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #46
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
These DOG's and Rallies are open to anyone that cooks with cast iron, would like to learn about cooking with cast iron, would just like to bring a dish to pass, enjoy hanging around and eat with us.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #47
Smoky Mountain Bearstreaming

2012 30' Classic
Knoxville , Tennessee
I'm in Knoxville and we just bought pur replacement airstream since that last hail storm killed our little one. We r pretty interested in learning how to Go Dutch. Is this event at your home or at a campground?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:24 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
I am having two Dutch Oven cooking Rallies or DOG's [Dutch Oven Gathering] going this month.

This first one is at our house on Sept. 24, 2011. We live on Douglas Lake just south of Dandridge, TN on 92. This one is open to anyone that wants to come over and cook or learn how to cook in a Camp Dutch Oven. Or you can bring a dish to pace. You do not have to feed everyone, there usually is more than enough food to go around.

The second one is our 3rd annual rally at Ripplin Waters Campground. This is at exit 407 off of I-40. The campground is about 5 miles south of this exit on your right. The Lodge cast iron store is on your way to the campgrounds.

If you have any questions just call me. 865-803-3963 cell
Old 09-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #49
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Hi Scorpiontimo,

We haven't heard from you in quite awhile. Give us a shout if you get up this way. I am planning to go to Texas next year for the National Cook Off competition. It is October19 - 20, 2012. It's in Canton, Texas.

I'm glad you got your canoe done.

Say Hi to Rondi & Pat Juno for us.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
3rd Annual Event
Dutchstream - DOG - Rally 2011
Date: Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2011

* LOCATION *
Ripplin’ Waters Campground
1930Winfield Dunn Parkway [Highway 66]
Sevierville, TN 37876
1-888-747-7546 or 865-453-4169
Located 5 miles south of I-40 at EXIT 407

All of my Dutchstream - DOG - Rallies are open to the general public. The DOG [Dutch Oven Gathering] part of it is for new and old people that cook with cast iron. . If you need to learn how to cook in your cast iron then I will show you how. If you prefer not to cook in cast iron, just bring a dish to pass and enjoy what is cooked in a Camp Dutch Oven.

We hold this in the beautiful Smoke Mountains of Tennessee [Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville]. For your enjoyment there are a number of attractions; Dolly wood, Dixie Stampede, a large number of theaters, and probably a larger number of restaurants [our Dog will have more than enough food], There are hiking trails, horse back riding and a numerous of other things to see and do.

Your hosts are: Jim & Regina 865-803-3963

All meals will be at the pavilion.

FRIDAY EVENING: 6:30 PM This will be a pot luck for the folks that arrive early or we can go to Clint's BBQ.

SATURDAY BRUNCH: 9 AM. Bring a dish to share.

SATURDAY EVENING: 6 PM Bring a dish to share or come early and cook up something in your camp Dutch Oven.

Don’t forget to bring your own utensils, cups, plates and beverage to each meal.

Ripplin' Waters Campground provided a Church service at the pavilion at 10 AM on Sunday.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #51
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
We arrived yesterday with 2 other units. had a great time sitting around shooting the bull. Today looks like another beautiful day. We will be going to Bush's Bean company for a tour of their interacting our museum. Then to the cafe for lunch. We are talking about going to Clint's BBQ for super and music. Clint's burnt to the ground last fall and now is brand new and doing every good. I hope to see more come in tonight.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #52
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
We just completed a Dutchstream 2011 rally aka dog. I forgot to take pictures of this rally. We had 11 adults and 8 younger people. One couple was from Alabama; one couple came up from Cleveland, TN and the rest from around the Knoxville and Dandridge area. Thank You all form coming out and making our event a success. Hope to see you at some of our other rallies aka Dog.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:07 AM   #53
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
[Dutch Oven Gathering]
Saturday Nov. 12, 2011
Jim & Regina 865-803-3963
Dandridge, TN 37725

All of my DOG's and Rallies are open to anyone that cooks with cast iron, would like to learn about cooking with cast iron, would just like to bring a dish to pass, hanging around and eat with us.

Come out and join us. We are having another DOG [Dutch Oven Gathering] at our house. We live on Douglas Lake. The cooking will be on Saturday, eat at 5 PM. Bring your Dutch Oven and come out and join the fun . We will have a big campfire to sit by and relax after a great meal prepared in a Dutch Oven. If you have friends interested in cooking, bring them along.

Let us know if you are planning to come to our DOG, how many in your group, and what you are cooking.
Call 865-803-3963 or check us out at dutchstream.webs.com

Don't forget to bring your lawn chairs, utensils and something to drink.

On I -40 take Exit 417 to Dandridge, TN. Turn south on 92 [at bottom of ramp]. Follow 92 over big green bridge. Go about 7 miles to
Indian Creek Road [also 363] and turn left. Go less than 1 mile to Sandy Ridge Road and turn left. Go about 1/2 mile to Stillhouse Road [just past white picket fence on your left] and turn right. Go to first road on your right at bottom of steep hill. Turn onto Very Old Barton Trail and follow to our house. We have all the huge rocks at our driveway. Turn right and follow gravel drive to your right. This will take you to our cooking area down by the lake.

Our dog does not play well with others so you might want to leave your dog at home.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #54
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
Just a reminder of our DOG on November12, 2011 at our house. If you plan to attend please call 856-803-3963 I am cooking meat so I need to know how much meat I need to pick up.
Thank you
Jim Rogers
Old 01-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #55
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
FIRST DOG of 2012
[Dutch Oven Gathering]
JANUARY 28, 2012
Dandridge, TN 37725

All of our DOG's and Rallies are open to anyone that cooks with cast iron, would like to learn about cooking with cast iron, would just like to bring a dish to pass, hanging around and eat with us.

Come out and join us for our FIRST DOG of 2012. We are having another DOG [Dutch Oven Gathering] at our house on beautiful Douglas Lake. With the weather being cool we are going to do the cooking up by the house. Then we can take the food inside to eat. WE WILL EAT AROUND 4PM. Make sure you get here early enough to cook your food. If you have friends interested in cooking, bring them along.

Let us know if you are planning to come to our DOG, how many in your group, and what you are cooking.
Call 865-803-3963 or check us out at dutchstream.webs.com

On I -40 take Exit 417 to Dandridge, TN. Turn south on 92 [at bottom of ramp]. Follow 92 over big green bridge. Go about 7 miles to Indian Creek Road [also 363] and turn left. Go less than 1 mile to Sandy Ridge Road and turn left. Go about 1/2 mile to Stillhouse Road [just past white picket fence on your left] and turn right. Go to first road on your right at bottom of steep hill. Turn onto Very Old Barton Trail and follow to our house. We have all the huge rocks at our driveway.

Our dog does not play well with others so you might want to leave your dog at home.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #56
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
DOG
[Dutch Oven Gathering]
March 24, 2012
Dandridge, TN 37725

"Let's take a step back in time"

After a cowboy being on his horse all day tending cattle he would come back to camp for some grub. The cook is making the meal over an open fire in his cast iron pot [s]. The smell makes the cowboy even hungrier. He get a plate full, goes to find a place to sit and eat. After eating he would sit back and talk or tell jokes by a camp fire. Maybe a cowboy would have a guitar or some other instrument and sing or play us a few songs. If you know of anyone that plays bring them along to play for us. Come out and cook with us in your cast iron pots just like our ancestors did.

Our camp site is set up so you can cook with an open fire or charcoal briquettes.
NO buffalo chips please.

All of our DOG's and Rallies are open to anyone that cooks with cast iron, would like to learn about cooking with cast iron, or would just like to bring a dish to pass, hanging around and eat with us. Don't forget your chairs and something to drink.

If you have already purchased your cast iron, bring it, all your fixens to cook and anything you will need to prepare it. If you do not know how to cook with your cast iron let me show you how. Come early and I will help you get started.

On I -40 take Exit 417 to Dandridge, TN. Turn south on 92 [at bottom of ramp]. Follow 92 over big green bridge. Go about 7 miles to Indian Creek Road [also 363] and turn left. Go less than 1 mile to Sandy Ridge Road and turn left. Go about 1/2 mile to Stillhouse Road [just past white picket fence on your left] and turn right. Go to first road on your right at bottom of steep hill. Turn onto Very Old Barton Trail and follow to our house. We have all the huge rocks at our driveway. Also look for the DOG at the end of our Drive.

Our dog does not play well with others so you might want to leave your dog at home. Thank You

“I wasn’t born a cowboy but I’m getting there as fast as I can“. Dutchstream

Visit my web site for photos, recipes, accessories for sale and coming events

dutchstream4757.webs.com dutchstream47@gmail.com