Old 01-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #29
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325 View Post
I dunno... the people in P-13 are pretty questionable! It's a scary neighborhood!

Dunno, the P20 area is also kinda questionable too, particularly when the better half and junior leave me flying solo to my own devices the first day or so......

Glad to see you and Laurie are going to be able to make it this year!

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:42 PM   #30
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount'n Man View Post
Ruh-roh, Scooby, we're in P-14!!!
Oh that's BAD... more SOBs huddling together on the fringes??? OH MY!!!

Old 01-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #31
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtandem View Post
Sure glad the "trouble makers" (LOL) are on the other side if the circle
"Just you waaate, 'enry 'iggins, just you waaate!!!"

Rest assured, Mike, that when the rioting begins, it will encompass the entire loop! NOWHERE is safe!!!

I'm even trying to get HotLAVA (Tracy & Ron L) to come back this year... and THEN you're gonna be in trouble!! Togas and chocolate milk... right Eric? BWAHAHAHA!!!
Old 02-19-2019, 11:01 AM   #32
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325 View Post
I'm even trying to get HotLAVA (Tracy & Ron L) to come back this year... and THEN you're gonna be in trouble!! Togas and chocolate milk... right Eric? BWAHAHAHA!!!

Togas and chocolate milk, the staple of every successful rally!

Any luck getting in touch with HotLAVA? Let me think of the folks that we haven't seen in years that come to mind......

HotLava
Till
Cosmotini
Flamingo-kid
Summerkid
TinCanLuv
Crazeylev
Zamboni
Eikel1we
Tom Nugler
Soldiermedic

Also, looking at the history of these rally threads, the posting has been extremely light last few years. By now we'd have something like 20+ pages of posts.

The list of folks over the years may have changed a bit....but at the core, the song remains the same, and that is most likely why this has gone on for 17 years. I recall the one year, we took over one of those long loops(and then some), we must have had about 25+ rigs. It's been cool, it's been smoldering hot. Moonsoon rains where the drainage ditches turned into raging rivers. One year, I recall asking Jack, should we try to get the lake loop next year and from that year on, prob going on what 10 years now, we've all gathered there. It's become such a staple at Moraine View, the hosts look forward to seeing us every year (even the year's Roger comes and when Tiki rolls in with his painted masterpiece- esp when his wheels stay on).

Speaking of Tikihut, I think he and are the only two that have made every rally since that fateful first year. That first year, I did a map quest, took me to LeRoys municipal waste treatment plant. It was dark out, but we managed to find the park. As we made our way for the first time down the dark and tree lined tunnel roads, I was asked, "where did you meet these people" "The Internet" I replied as we both looked a bit uneasy....but in the end it was such a great time, we did it again the next year, and so here we are 17 years later.........

Great to see the new faces. Be really neat to see of the ol legacy folks show up...regardless, it's been a heck of a run! Looking forward to June!!

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote