Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-16-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Leavenworth , Kansas
2017 Air Midwest Fall Rally!!

Hello and Good Evening!!

I have been in touch with America’s Best Campground and have planned the itinerary. We assume folks will pull in between Thursday and Friday. There are other groups there at the time of our rally so we are planning activities accordingly. We were able to reserve a room Friday and Saturday evening, there is also an outdoor pavilion if it is nice out. The question arose with regard to a possible catered meal on Saturday. Be honest, is anyone interested in this? We are planning on the following things, as before at previous rallies:

Thursday night welcome and socialize
Friday night appetizers between 6-9 pm and announcements
Saturday 10 am – 12 pm open house
Saturday 6-9 pm Potluck/Evening meal

We will also have raffle prizes and prizes to be given at the Saturday Evening Meal. We are asking for donations for prizes, we have some great ones already but would like to set it up so that everyone wins.

RSVP by September 9th on the Airforum’s Calendar Page in September by clicking on the activity on the 21st, or RSVP via Facebook, Tuesday.Blome@yahoo.com or text/call (706)587-1321.

Thank you so much for your interest and continued support.

Tuesday Blome
(706)587-1321
2zdaystreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Instead of a catered meal, how about carpooling to a well-known local restaurant for a meal? Events at the campground are nice, but an event away from the campground helps break up the routine, too.

Besides, in my experience, better to order off a menu and get your food fresh off the grill (or fresh out of the oven, whatever) than to eat a meal that was prepared in bulk ahead of time and reheated at the campground. Less worry about people with dietary restrictions that way, too. And the restaurant meal would be pay-your-own-way, so less worry about collecting fees.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2zdaystreams View Post
Hello and Good Evening!!

I have been in touch with America’s Best Campground and have planned the itinerary. We assume folks will pull in between Thursday and Friday. There are other groups there at the time of our rally so we are planning activities accordingly. We were able to reserve a room Friday and Saturday evening, there is also an outdoor pavilion if it is nice out. The question arose with regard to a possible catered meal on Saturday. Be honest, is anyone interested in this? We are planning on the following things, as before at previous rallies:

We will also have raffle prizes and prizes to be given at the Saturday Evening Meal. We are asking for donations for prizes, we have some great ones already but would like to set it up so that everyone wins.

RSVP by September 9th on the Airforum’s Calendar Page in September by clicking on the activity on the 21st, or RSVP via Facebook, Tuesday.Blome@yahoo.com or text/call (706)587-1321.

Tuesday Blome

(706)587-1321

For correct rallly info see other thread , the rally site has changed.
okiedebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:17 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
West Fork , Arkansas
Quote:
Hello and Good Evening!!

Tuesday Blome
(706)587-1321
Tuesday,
There may be a disadvantage in starting multiple threads on the same rally and having a Facebook site for the same purpose in that not everyone will see the same information. Forum members who post to a thread are then alerted when others reply but with a new thread they are not alerted.

We are flexible on the Saturday meal, potluck, catered or carpooling to a restaurant as Doyle (Protagonist) suggested would be fine. He makes a valid point about the potluck meal items often being warmed over from earlier preparation. Also with no coordination, it can be too much of similar choices.

Jim
JRF0st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:59 AM   #5

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRF0st3r View Post
We are flexible on the Saturday meal, potluck, catered or carpooling to a restaurant as Doyle (Protagonist) suggested would be fine. He makes a valid point about the potluck meal items often being warmed over from earlier preparation. Also with no coordination, it can be too much of similar choices.
Since potluck seems to be the way we're headed, I'll bring my rice cooker and make my semi-famous chicken, sausage, and bacon jambalaya— because even jambalaya is better with bacon! The only question is, does everyone want spicy or mild? I can do it either way, but not both.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:08 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Leavenworth , Kansas
Hello Jim,
I have been typing in a word document and cutting and pasting the exact message for Facebook and Air Forums. With that being said we are affording multiple avenues of approach to receive responses, compile information about attendees, get information out and provide folks who are not on forums to RSVP. I have received personal messages, emails and texts. We also went to Vintage trailer rally in Branson in August and passed out flyers to Airstreamers and spoke with folks about the event.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:13 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Leavenworth , Kansas
Yup... you are absolutely right. Jaime was trying to get it catered but i think with so many folks variety is important as far as dietary considerations are concerned. I can't nor my son can have dairy, which is a bummer and risky at the same time when ordering catered meals.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:15 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Leavenworth , Kansas
Can't wait, love me some Jambalaya!!!!
Old 08-29-2017, 02:16 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Leavenworth , Kansas
I would go mild on the Jambalaya! Yum!
Old 08-29-2017, 02:57 AM   #10

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
I would go mild on the Jambalaya! Yum!
It's a tie so far, because my own vote is for spicy.

I do chicken, sausage, and bacon jambalaya because some people at rallies are allergic to shellfish, or even seafood in general, so shrimp, crawfish, and other traditional seafood jambalaya varieties are out of the question.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:57 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
West Fork , Arkansas
Doyle,
Spicy jambalaya makes potluck sound terrific. We are planning on steamed or grilled vegetables and something else.
Jim
JRF0st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:43 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Leavenworth , Kansas
Hello folks!!! Looking forward to next week, seeing familiar smiles and meeting new ones! We have 23 RSVPs! WOW! If any of you would like to participate in our scavenger hunt for the open house please private message me some little tidbit of information that is unique about your trailer and we will formulate a question for folks to answer. The winner gets a prize!! We are still in need of donations for prizes. So if you would like to bring something unique that you think someone would enjoy private message me what your contribution to the prizes would be. There will also be a small raffle to raise funds for the next rally, Spring 2018. This will help purchase necessities for our get togethers.

Upon my arrival and throughout folks arriving I will be distributing the itinerary for the rally, in addition you will receive name tags and the scavenger hunt question sheets for our open house. The winner will be revealed at the Saturday planned potluck.

If any of you should have any questions or concerns feel free to private message me, call or text 7065871321.

Looking forward to seeing all of you! I will post additional details this weekend about the Rally. Travel safe!!
Old 09-15-2017, 03:24 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Ditto to question on other thread.

[click on arrow in quote to go there]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Do you have two parallel threads in the same sub-forum?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...ly-171525.html

Are the two threads about the same rally?

Thanks,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
The other thread appears to be the active thread FYI:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...ly-168833.html
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote