Old 04-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #393
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
That's all for another very enjoyable spring rally. Just Paul and Dee (Warbler5), Jim and Maria (Sunshine) and us....Neil and Lynn (FreshAir) are left here. I believe Paul and Dee and us will pull out Tuesday morning and Jim and Maria will depart on Thursday. We look forward to seeing many of you in the fall at Jackson Rancheria. If you find that there are no sites available DO contact Jeff (Coastalview) to be placed on a standby list. Cancellations always happen. Unlike Casini, Jeff makes all attendance placements with JRRV. You can make your reservation with JRRV but you will not be placed with 'the group' and you will pay more. Enjoy your summer. A few of us will be mini rallying at Lassen Volcanic National Park in July.

Neil and Lynn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0600.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	210201  

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #394
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Did everyone have a great time?
Thanks to each of you for attending another sucessfull rally. Great to see old friends and make new ones. I believe the numbers were 44 units and a head count of 103.
Many of you know and have made reservations for Casini April 10th-12th,2015.
Casini Ranch will extend to those that have yet to make reservations a 20% discount if you call in your reservation. I'll make a formal announcement here although its confirmed for the dates above and create a new thread link for next years spring rally! I'm sure some of you are still at the rally or have yet to recover from this past weekend I'm not a planner but I seem to be doing OK at it.
We'll see some of you this summer at Lassen Volcanic National Park (Neil has it right as a mini rally)If you boondock, consider it!
If you are interested in the fall rally at Jackson, sent me a PM message to get on the standby list.
Thanks everybody!
Happy streamin'
Jeff, Kathy & Collin

Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #395
One good book daily...

2008 27' Classic FB
San Francisco , California
All,

We had a great time at the Casini Rally as usual... and we made reservations for next year. Let's do a "blind" wine tasting for next year... several categories by cost and vintages. I can volunteer to coordinate "couple" of the tastings. Other Volunteers welcome. welcome. welcome.

Hey, we have a family campout at end of June near Lassen this year.... what are the dates and where for the Mini rally in July...

Happy Travels, Ted and Marion
Old 04-21-2014, 10:23 PM   #396
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
The wine tasting sounds like a great idea and really fun with a big group. Maybe pair some food (there are excellent locally made cheeses) with it...
Old 04-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #397
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
We had a blast at Casini - was great seeing old friends and meeting new - we're in for next year too!! We're totally in for a wine tasting and cheese would just make it better!!

https://www.facebook.com/starlettediary
Suzzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #398
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Lassen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moymew View Post
All,

We had a great time at the Casini Rally as usual... and we made reservations for next year. Let's do a "blind" wine tasting for next year... several categories by cost and vintages. I can volunteer to coordinate "couple" of the tastings. Other Volunteers welcome. welcome. welcome.

Hey, we have a family campout at end of June near Lassen this year.... what are the dates and where for the Mini rally in July...

Happy Travels, Ted and Marion

Ted, Lynn and I have reservations beginning July 16 and going about 10 days. Each of those attending have different arrivals and departures but will center around 17th, 18th, 19th......I think. We may have to juggle our dates as it looks like our stay in Wash. DC for our son's retirement ceremony (20 years Navy) has us flying home on the 15th. Most of us will be in Loop A but there are plenty of sites including first come first serve.

Neil
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 04-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #399
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzeee View Post
We had a blast at Casini - was great seeing old friends and meeting new - we're in for next year too!! We're totally in for a wine tasting and cheese would just make it better!!
Hi neighbor: Andrea & I agree: a wine and cheese and other tasty munchies would be a great activity, just trying to figure out when: maybe an early afternoon so we have some time to recover before whatever 5 PM event will happen?

I'm going to start practicing.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #400
1 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Forest Knolls , California
What a fun weekend

Happy earth day forum friends,
I want to give a shout out to the folks we met at our first rally. Thanks for making us feel welcome even though we were rally rookies. We'll be going to more of these as we can.
Debra Airmor the with Orange Bumpers
Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #401
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
2003 25' Safari
Forestville , California
Julie and I had a great time. The weather was fabulous as well as the company. I don't think we will be able to make Pismo or Lassen this year, but we're going to Jackson. Have a great summer and Go Giants!
Old 04-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #402
3 Rivet Member

1952 25' Cruiser
1967 22' Safari
1969 18' Caravel
Palo Alto , California
Hi everyone,
Thank you everyone for another great rally! Especially Jeff-for all of your hard work wagon master!! You did a great job as always! It was great seeing everyone and meeting so many new people! And of course it is always so much fun to see everyone's Streamer.

Thank you so much Barbie for the Pysanky lessons. I just loved it!

We kind of left in a hurry because the "Honey Wagon" came by and asked us to move our Airstream so he could get to our neighbors trailer. But, he emptied our tank as well so it all worked out. Since, we had to move anyway we ended up just heading out. Unfortunately we didn't get to say good bye to everyone though. So, here is our good-bye!! lots of hugs-see you all soon!!

Denise, Mark, Bean, Marley, Lucy and little Fergie.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #403
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
We had a great time!!! It is always sad to see everyone leaving on Sunday, but there were a number of Airstreams still left after the main group departed. We left this morning about an hour after Neil and Lynn, and Sunshine/Jim and Maria were the only ones left. Our Airstream is unloaded and backed into its spot next to our house, waiting for the next adventure! We were surprised to find it colder here in Roseville than it was at Casini Ranch Campground this morning...

It was good to see old friends and meet new ones, as well! I am sure I missed a few newbies, so I hope you plan to join us for another rally in the near future!!!

Dee, Paul, Bailey (the yellow Lab), and Dexter (the orange kitty)

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 04-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #404
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
We had an uneventful journey home. I decided to avoid any problems that were/are predicted with the construction of the Highway 50 fix in Sacramento and traveled 80 to Douglas to Auburn-Folsom Road to 50. Since we visit Kaiser Roseville frequently each of our cars knows the route....piece of cake. Great to see old friends and meet new ones. Sad to have missed some too.

Neil and Lynn
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 04-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #405
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Vinnie & Cindy to the rescue...

Thought I'd post this link here, as Vinnie & Cindy are well known for their hospitality and expert AS knowledge...

This link is to the latest episode of the Long, Long Honeymoon series - just rec'd today, and tells the tale of Vinnie & Cindy to the rescue - enjoy...

VIDEO: We Install a NEW FLOOR in our Airstream Travel Trailer!

Way to go Vinnie & Cindy...!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #406
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
We had a great time too. Thanks Jeff for organizing it. Thanks to everyone who was on theVAP with me. Should we do it again in Jackson?

Any word on the newspaper article from the reporter/photographer that was there?

Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casini, casini ranch, coastalview, rally, norcal