Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
At Moraine View. Couldn't get on F8 as it is occupied at the moment but am close on E11. If anyone was wondering this area of the CG has a strong cell signal.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #62

2005 25' Safari
Lakeview , Ohio
I just located the handle for our fellow campers and cousins who will join us at the Moraine View Rally. Their Airforum handle is stl4519 and they have attended several previous Moraine View Rallies. We attended one previous and really enjoyed the activities. Best ...
wbmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:45 AM   #63

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
P13 stlll available! If you are on the edge it's time to make your commitment. I'll turn it back into the park for reassignment soon if I don't hear from any one else. This is a level lake front site.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #64
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
just took my counter top off so i can replace the frig. that meant the sink and stove had to be pulled out. hope i can get it all back together in time for the rally
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #65
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikihut View Post
just took my counter top off so i can replace the frig. that meant the sink and stove had to be pulled out. hope i can get it all back together in time for the rally
You got a bit over 4 weeks Hut.....should be more than enough time for an Argosy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325 View Post

And... Eric... I'll deal with you later...

Rog

on edit... this is a BORING thread! there's nothing here this year about Toga parties or "chocolate milk"!!! What in the world has happened to this bunch? Somebody OBVIOUSLY needs to call Tracy and get her on board!
....and Roger, no one is precluding you from bringing your Toga this year.....speaking of this year do we have a theme yet?
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We have just left the WBCCI So. Il. Unit rally in Olney, Il., for the Rend Lake rally at Whittington Woods. Several people at Olney had questions about Airforums rallies (and this one in particular) and expressed an interest in coming to Moraine View in June. We therefore extended an invitation to the Moraine View Rally to the entire Unit. We will relay any attendee information we receive on to Jack via this thread.

They are a really nice group of people, and we are all so much more alike than we are different.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #67

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
We have just left the WBCCI So. Il. Unit rally in Olney, Il., for the Rend Lake rally at Whittington Woods. Several people at Olney had questions about Airforums rallies (and this one in particular) and expressed an interest in coming to Moraine View in June. We therefore extended an invitation to the Moraine View Rally to the entire Unit. We will relay any attendee information we receive on to Jack via this thread.

They are a really nice group of people, and we are all so much more alike than we are different.
Time is running short so if they don't reserve a spot, they stand a chance of getting turned away if they arrive too late on Friday. I have one site left in the pool I'm holding.
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I'll let them know that, they do know they need to make reservations.

Maggie
Old 05-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #69

Fenton , Missouri
3 weeks to go, so it's time for a few things.

Theme: Our theme this year is "Saturday Night at the Movies". And like the theme, Saturday night after the pot luck will be movie night. To celebrate the theme we will be bringing some movie snacks. Bagged or boxed candy, popcorn to name a couple of items that I am thinking of. If you can think of something that would be related, bring it with you. Old movie posters, lights, who knows. Come dressed up like a movie star. Hmmm....who can come dressed up like Yoda??

Pot luck: Saturday night at 6pm sharp. Bring a vegi, starch, salad, desert, bread etc item that you can share. Your meat item (if you are making one) is for your family only and is not for sharing (unless you want). With 20 units showing up, you don't have to feed everyone. Consider enough to share with 4 to six others along with your family. I'll post the food list here so that we don't have too much duplication.

Movie night: Yes I have have something Airstream related for the first video and I'm also kicking around showing the Long Long Trailer. I've resisted the temptation over the past years since this has been seen by most of you. Maybe 8 years of avoidance is enough waiting. Unless I hear a chorus of no's, we might move forward with this. For those of you who have not been here before, we have a sound system, an LED projector and a screen. (We used to do it on the side of a trailer but we've lost the trailer that was a good screen that we used for 6 of the last 7 years. My trailer has too much gloss so the screen will have to do.

Saturday afternoon: 12-4

Trailer open house and tours. Stop by and look at that trailer that you were interested in. It's our chance to share our work and our homes on wheels. See what's behind those aluminum skins!

Saturday table move: 4PM, help me gather some tables from our sites so we can make room for the pot luck food and seating. We will move the tables back after dinner to set up room for the movies. We would appreciate you sharing your site table for a few hours that evening.

Friday night:

This will be our third annual hot dog reception at my site F3. I'll supply the plates, hot dogs, buns, mustard, ketchup, relish and BBQ sauce. If you want to bring anything else to share, go for it. This will start at 5pm and will run as long as you want to hang around and the hot dogs hold out. (We haven't run out yet!).

Campfires: Keep in mind that in trying to control the spread of disease and pests, the park doesn't want you bringing in firewood from home.

Liquor: Note that open consumption of alcoholic beverages in Illinois state parks is prohibited. Park rangers will ticket those who they see. So keep it inside your trailer and use discretion.

One last note, we still have one site left in our reservation pool (P13). It is a nice lakefront site so contact me if you are interested. My plan is to turn it back into the park in a week if we don't get someone in the group to take it. Also remember there are other sites outside our initial reservation pool of sites. You can contact Moraine View for reserving one of those.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
i think the twinkmaster should be yoda....

yahey...

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #71

Fenton , Missouri
Yoda, Yoda...sort of sounds like toga, toga!
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post
3 weeks to go, so it's time for a few things.

. . .

Movie night: Yes I have have something Airstream related for the first video and I'm also kicking around showing the Long Long Trailer. I've resisted the temptation over the past years since this has been seen by most of you. Maybe 8 years of avoidance is enough waiting. Unless I hear a chorus of no's, we might move forward with this.

Jack
We bought the "Long Long Trailer" DVD when we first acquired our Airstream. Just never found the time to sit down and watch the movie.

Wrapping up in a Toga could have its benefits -- might discourage mosquitoes.

Nancy Mac
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #73

Fenton , Missouri
OK folks, if we don't hear from anyone by the end of this weekend, I'm going to turn the last spot that we are holding back to the park for them to put in their available pool. So if you are on the fence and need to make a decision, now is the time if you want this last spot in our reservation pool. I really would like us to have this spot with one of the folks in the rally since it pretty much keeps this area private to us. Let me know if you are interested or have questions.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #74

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccamper View Post
We bought the "Long Long Trailer" DVD when we first acquired our Airstream. Just never found the time to sit down and watch the movie.

Wrapping up in a Toga could have its benefits -- might discourage mosquitoes.

Nancy Mac
Nancy,

If I could use your copy that night, I'd appreciate it. My copy here was from Turner Classic movies but it was burned off of my DVR. Your copy will probably be a little sharper than mine. I'll still bring my copy just in case you aren't there.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post
Nancy,

If I could use your copy that night, I'd appreciate it. My copy here was from Turner Classic movies but it was burned off of my DVR. Your copy will probably be a little sharper than mine. I'll still bring my copy just in case you aren't there.

Jack
Sure, no problem. We'll bring our DVD of the Long Long Trailer.

Nancy Mac
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #76
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
I'll remind Nick (wiegand1) about the rally and see if he wants the last spot.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:02 AM   #77

1991 25' Excella
Morton , Illinois
Hi, We were looking forward to coming to this rally, but it falls on the same weekend we are leaving for a bus trip to New York. We only live about 30 mile away from Leroy so it couldn't be closer. Would it be ok if we came for the wiener roast on Friday night?
Ladygardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #78
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Anyone is welcome, any time they can be there.

Look forward to meeting you.

Doug & Maggie
Old 05-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #79
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinLoaf View Post
I'll remind Nick (wiegand1) about the rally and see if he wants the last spot.
If the last spot is still available, Nick will take it. He can't respond because Airforums is blocked where he works.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #80
1 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Logansport , Indiana
We're going to try to come on Thursday and pick up one of the non-reserved sites closest to the rally site. (The easiest one to get in to ... if you remember what a hard time we have parking!) Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone again.

Sara & Pete
Pete & Sara is offline   Reply With Quote