Old 02-13-2010, 08:12 AM   #15

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
OK. I think we have peaked some interest in pursuing this. I'll have an answer on Monday if the folks from Moraine are in the office. If the sites are available, I'll get a minimum of 20 reserved. Then I'll work on the logistics for how those of you interested can get one of the 20. If the demand is high enough, I'll possibly get another block. The key for me is not getting left with paying for a reservation and then no one taking the site. So we will be conservative at first.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #16

Fenton , Missouri
Moraine View Reservation Process

Just an update I'm in the process of reserving the sites by the lake. Please do not send your own reservations in at this time to Moraine View since you will be reserving them through me.

Here is how we will handle it. Note that a reservation through me covers a Friday arrival with a Sunday departure. Read on below for those wishing a longer stay.

1. I'll post the sites here in this thread.
2. You let me know by PM what site you want (Include your legal name). Please consider an alternative site since I'll do the reservations based on first request.
3. I'll acknowledge that I've received your request and will hold that site for you for 7 days while I await your deposit. The forum thread will note that your reservation is pending payment.
4. Once I receive the deposit from you, I'll consider the site assigned and the forum thread will note that the reservation is confirmed.
5. If I don't receive payment within 7 days, the site will become available for others.
6. Since I'm reserving the sites (and paying the deposit in advance) you will send me your deposit and I'll relay your name to the Moraine View folks.
7. At check in, the park will collect the balance from you giving you credit for your deposit.
8. If you want to come in Thursday or stay beyond Sunday, get your reservation done with me first. Once I confirm your site you can fill out a reservation form from Moraine View and enter in the site that I have confirmed with you. Note that this additional reservation will require a deposit directly with Moraine View.
9. You can cancel your reservation and receive your deposit back minus $5. Note that this is Moraine View's policy.

The key in this is to minimize the risk on the deposit (Silvertwinkie and I will be forwarding almost $500 out of our pockets to hold these sites). We also know that if we do the reservation process like we have in the past, there will be no way we will be in a group together since these are prime spots which normally are the first taken by the general public in the campground. Those of you who don't feel comfortable in committing this far in advance can reserve your own sites outside of the block I am taking. In this case you will be able to mark your forms Airstream group and the Moraine folks will try to get you as close as possible to the sites I am reserving.

Please let me know if you have questions and please wait to make your requests for sites until I get my confirmed paper work back from Moraine. I'll post the sites that I am holding at that time and I'll also post the sites that I'm not holding but are next to our block. That will help the folks who need sites after my initial block sells out.

Questions? Ask them now so that we can all understand how this will work prior to me posting the sites.

Thanks!
Jack

AIR #56
Old 03-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #17

Fenton , Missouri
OK folks I have the intital site reservation confirmed. Here are the sites available for you to reserve through me. F1, F4-F9, P13-P16, P18-P23. http://dnr.state.il.us/LANDS/Landmgt...mrvcampmap.pdf

Please follow the reservation procedure in post 16 above.

Note that all reservations through me are for Friday through Sunday. Note that if you wish to come earlier or stay longer, you will have to make those specific reservations through the Moraine View folks. Get your reservation from me first, then follow up with Moraine View for the additional days. Note that your initial deposit with me is $25 with the balance due with the Moraine folks at the check in gate when you arrive.

PM me with your reservation. I'll contact you back with my mailing address and will hold your site for 7 days. If I don't receive a deposit, the site goes back into the available pool.

Once this block of sites is reserved and confirmed, you can obtain a site from Moraine View directly. See the campground map for the sites surrounding the one's I reserved. Remember this area of the park is popular so if you are reserving outside of our block, do it soon. I expect those surrounding sites will be gone by late April early May.

Note that P22 and P23 on the lake have a slight slope to the parking pads. This shouldn't be an issue but I want you all to know that. Finally in making your reservation with me, provide an alternate site in case your first choice is taken. Reservations will be handled on first come first served when the same site is requested.

Thanks for coming! Let's make year 8 of this rally the best yet. I'll post additional information in the future.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #18

Fenton , Missouri
Sites reserved at this point. 3/14/10 4:00PM

silvertwinkie F2--check received
jcanavera F3--check received
TinLoaf F6--check received
doug&maggie F7--check received
Bluebird P14--check received
Whitesell P15--check received
Kramer P16--check received
maccamper P17--prepaid
2wired P18
cosmotini P19--check received
silverflash P20--check received
Cottage P21
Tikihut P22
Shabica P23
AIR #56
Old 03-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
jack did you ever get may email about 3 spots
Old 03-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #20

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikihut View Post
jack did you ever get may email about 3 spots
Just went back in the PM's and I don't have anything there. We just opened up reservations today. I didn't take anything until I got a confirmation from the folks at Moraine. Send me a PM with your site requests.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We won't be coming with the trailer since Roger is busy in St.L all weekend and I am not ready to pull that thing by myself. But I am going to try to come on Sat afternoon and evening. I have a good friend who lives in Bloomington where I can stay with her and drive out for the day, so right now I am planning to do that. I would stay at the campground but I just don't do the tent thing anymore. The AS has spoiled me too much!
Old 03-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #22

Fenton , Missouri
Almost half the sites are left in the preservation group that I'm holding. Don't forget if you can't commit this early or if I run out, you can still make reservations directly with the folks at Moraine View for the sites that adjoin those that I'm holding.

Still available F1, F4, F5, F8, F9, P13

Jack
AIR #56
Old 03-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #23
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
It's hard to believe this is our 8th year.

Keep in mind June will arrive sooner than you think, so get your reservations in with Jack soon so that you can be in the immediate rally loop area. Also realize that we've had no fewer than 20 Airstreams at this event over the past few years (with a peak one year at over 30 IIRC), which means the immediate loop area could fill up fast. From what I can tell, as of this posting, there are still a few lakefront sites still open too.

Looking forward to seeing you all again this year.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1987 29' Sovereign
1971 21' Globetrotter
glen carbon , Illinois
Jack Pam and I plan to arrive Thursday and leave Monday I sent you a PM for the reservation. thanks Jerry
Old 03-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #25

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverflash View Post
Jack Pam and I plan to arrive Thursday and leave Monday I sent you a PM for the reservation. thanks Jerry
Ok your reservation is set. Check the PM I just sent.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 03-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
Jack Ijust sent you a pvt msg for 2 site and maybe one more
Old 03-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #27

Fenton , Missouri
Hi folks, check out posts 18 and 22 for the current status of the reserved sites. At this point we have one site on the lake left. The balance are in the area across from the lake. Now for those of you who can't make the commitment this early, remember that there are additional sites next to the sites I reserved. You can send in a reservation directly to Moraine for those sites if they are available. In the mean time I have six sites left in the sites that we have prepaid.

Let me know if you have questions.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 03-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
st louis , Missouri
Reservation

As the old saying goes, "the check's in the mail". That site is fine.

2 wired