Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #491
1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Please send more booze asap. There is an epidemic of thirst.

Oh, more spray paint too. Lots of huffing happening here!

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Old 01-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #492
1 Rivet Member
1970 23' Safari
Cullowhee , North Carolina
Relocating the CAN

Our first Rally was a blast: great folks, many new friends and fresh ideas about Streamin'.
What a great time at the Opener Rally here at Top Sail.
However, it's time to cap the can and head to St. George's Island and St. Joseph's for a few days!
Thanks for the and the bandwidth!!!!!

Hope to share another Rally with you all sometime down the road.

David & Jackie
'70 Safari (Sofia)
'04 Tundra

"Life is not about finding yourself.
Life is about creating yourself."G B Shaw
Old 01-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #493
3 Rivet Member
1985 27' Sovereign
1981 22' Excella II
Currently Looking...
Colbert , Georgia
My First Can Opener Rally

Just made it home from my First Can Opener Rally and what a nice group of folks to spend a rally with, even the cold weather didn't slow our spirits down. I had a great time and put some faces with the forum names. Gave the Snuggie (Rally Prize) to my wife, she likes it. I think she wants to attend next year. Everyone, be safe in your travels and maybe our paths will cross in the near future.

Best Regards,
Old 01-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #494
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
We just concluded another great CanOpener! Thanks Devoman! Well, I don't know where to start. Saturday was a lot of fun. With not a cloud in the sky, the tour of the trailers was a hit. Yes, we had layers of clothes on but everyone was out and about visiting and checking out all of the trailers (I believe the final count was 29 trailers). It seemed warmer and the temps weren't a problem. The potluck dinner was delicious - compliments to all the chefs out there. The raffle was exceptional with Artstream's and Inland RV's contributions. After dinner, a number of campers stayed in the clubhouse to socialize and enjoy Pete's (Foilwarped) music. The potluck breakfast in the clubhouse today (Sunday) couldn't have been better. The bottomline is that this was a fantastic rally with people seeing old friends and making new friends. I believe we'll see many photos posted by attendees over the next week. Reminder to everyone - post some of your pictures. And Chief is going to produce a video of the CanOpener - stay tuned for that. We did miss those of you who normally attend - see you next year. Peace.
Russ and Linda
2010 Flying Cloud 25' "Camp Luckyduck"
2012 F250 Powerstroke 6.7
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 01-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #495
Rivet Master
1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
The dogs and I had a wonderful introduction to rally-ing and being with fellow AS'ers. I am so GLAD I persisted with the cold weather, because I enjoyed meeting so many of you, and really got re-enthusiastic about my project. I loved being able to see the variety of years and interiors of the trailers and what everyone has done to personalize them. It was also nice to see some in unfinished conditon, and it will be fun for me to see those same trailers down the road and further along. All in all, I am impressed with the turnout- the whole country seems to be in a deep freeze-- kudos to all who could get out- and did get out to come! It was a good time and I feel as though I really have some new friends :-) Thanks to Devoman for starting this, and to everyone who helped and participated.

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Old 01-11-2010, 08:48 AM   #496
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Canopener Video

The video is posted under a new thread entitled "Canopener 2010 Video."

Dream like you're going to live forever, live like you're going to die tomorrow, and dance like nobody is watching!

AIR # 22776
Old 01-12-2010, 04:39 AM   #497
4 Rivet Member
2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Silverexpress
The Can Opener proves that Airstream folks are hardy survivalist types capable of taking on any weather to get out there and have fun. Robin and I say "thank you" to all the volunteers who helped in many ways for this Air Forum Rally. May there be many more.
John & Robin
99 27' Safari
AIR #34494

Living the Airstream Life:
Old 01-12-2010, 05:00 AM   #498
3 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Cape Coral , Florida
Want to say thank-you to the Can Opener organizers. It was a terrific mix of organized events, informal comaraderie and downtime. Despite the chilly weather, or maybe because of it, the weekend will certainly be memorable as our very first Airstream event. Have to make a special note of the contribution made by Luckyducks, who quietly assists in just about every facet of the event and helps make everything work smoothly.

BTW, boy did I get it wrong when I thought that the Flying J's would be quiet. I failed to consider all the refugees from the even more frozen north.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #499
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637

I want to thank Russ for helping out also.He basically took care of the club house and the raffle as well as a few other things.
I want to thank Chief for making those Open house signs.
Thank You Pete for doing the enterainment,That was great stuff.
I know I always forget a few but thanks to everyone who came and helped out.
Just remember I am not taking the credit for this.It was everyone else who makes this happen because everyone has always helped to make it work.

See you all next year in 2011
Next Years Dates - January 7th - 9th 2011

I have some shirts left over and I will be emailing you all so I can get these to you.Thanks Again.

I have 1 shirt left over if anyone would like to purchase it.
T-Shirt Size - 2XL
It just cant get any better than that.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #500
Rivet Master
1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Sun bathing at Santa Rosa Beach

Well we have needed to use our sun glasses and my sunburn is actually a wind burn. C.B. and I had the unique experience of breaking ice with our kayaks yesterday.We really enjoyed the rally and are having fun exploring possibilities for our trip next year. "They" say that we will finally get out of the hard freeze tomorrow, we'll see.We moved to 142 today for the next 5 days before returning home.I backed up folks, didn't take out a tree, my husband or the picnic table. Currently I am Miss Lucielle's Gossip Parlor taking advantage of her WIFI.Thanks again to all the great folks who made the rally so enjoyable. It was good to see old friends and make new. Airstream folks are the best!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frigid 008.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	93922  
The Silver Queen
Old 01-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #501
. , .
ah yes, the gossip parlor...

it's really changed this year. they still have the kitchy signs but,

they put in a 'beach food' place and changed the decor from quilts and doilies to miami vice...

and NEXT YEAR there are big changes coming for the area...

the publix in grand blvd may CLOSE, moving to the new south walton beach publix east of TS....

and a WALLYVILLE supercenter is slated to go in on 98 very near TS too...

lets hope the gulf glaciers have melted by then...

and IF it snows, shovels will be readily available.

in fact how about a logo'd shovel or stocking hat next year instead tees...

all of the true things that i am about to tell you are shameless lies. l.b.j.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #502
Rivet Master
1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
I hate to hear that - I tend to gravitate towards the "older" beach town atmosphere. Landed here to use the internet. Heard the "mature" lady that waited on me tell a young whipper snapper that she "pleaded down to simple possesion." Just love the local color. Ha! Come on by if you have a chance or are out walkikng Max.
The Silver Queen
Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #503
2 Rivet Member
2005 25' Safari
FL Panhandle , Florida
CanOpener 2010 was our first forum rally and it was awesome! It took us a few days to getting around to posting this, because we're still detoxing and thawing out, but want to thank everyone for putting together such a good time. Annette made the best Bloody Marys we've ever had, the food was wonderful, and we learned a lot from the open house tour. Enjoyed meeting you and putting a face to some of the avatars- Ike T is not nearly so intimidating in person . Hope to see you down the road. Pete and Sandy
Old 01-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #504
1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot View Post
Yeah, 'cause if IkeT does the Polar Bear plunge I have GOT to see that!
The deal to see the photos is simple.

1. You make and share the bread pudding at the 2010 Springstream.

2. If we (we being Anne and I) are unable to attend the 2010 Springstream, you make and share the bread pudding the next time we (we being Anne, you, and I) rally together.

3. No excuses allowed. If you die before you deliver, I'll see you and your bread pudding in the after-life inferno.

We made it home safely. Only incident was nearly sandwiching a Corolla that made an ill-advised pass then brake and swerve in front of us.

As usual, we had a great time no matter what. Great to see old friends and make new friends. Thanks again Steve for hosting the rally and the volunteer team that makes it all happen!

Originally Posted by Foil-warped
Ike T is not nearly so intimidating in person.
I'll try harder next time.

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Closed Thread