Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
1961 26' Overlander
Harmony , Pennsylvania
I officially called Penn Woods and told them that we are coming. I have to work until about 4:30 Friday but will have things ready to roll and leave as soon as I get home.

Lou - We had a great time at East Harbor. We mostly just hung out and relaxed, and did some walks with the doggies and I rode my bike some. We did go over to Put-in-Bay but only for around an hour. We took the doggies with us, and the only thing that they hated more than the golf cart was the ferry.

That was ok, it wasn't really my cup of tea anyway. We are more laid back and not into partying and bars and crowds.

I have another week off starting Sept 5th and we are probably going to go back again - love to have some company if anyone else wants to join us.
wannaroam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
call the park?

Hey Deitz, do we need to call and make reservations for this?? Let us know.

Wannaroam, glad to hear that you had a good time. I know about Put-in-Bay atmosphere. It has really never been a draw for us either. We are mostly interested in peace and quiet and just hangin' out. If you are going back to East Harbor on Sept. 5th you should post it to the Ohio-informal weekend thread. Here is the link: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...-new-post.html
Larry and I will think about that one too. Maybe some of the rest of the Ohioans and MI folks will join in! I wonder how booked up they are for those dates? It will be a popular weekend. Don't forget you are always welcome to come to our house. We are on the way to East Harbor.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Hey Deitz, do we need to call and make reservations for this?? Let us know.
Loudruff,
Your site is reserved so all you need to do is show up.

As long as folks sign up on the Rally Calendar they have a site reserved. We have plenty of room on the rally grounds in the park.

Later,
Carl
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
super!

Thanks, Carl! We are signed up on the rally calendar. We are looking forward to it! We have sort of a count down going already, although we are out and camping around here, we are really looking forward to meeting everyone that direction!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:03 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We were just looking at the rally calendar and when you RSVP, it only shows for that ONE day that you clicked on even though the event is multi-day. Weird.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #46
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Question

About how many miles from say.... the George Washington bridge?

Anyone have an idea?

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:48 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Thanks, Carl! We are signed up on the rally calendar. We are looking forward to it! We have sort of a count down going already, although we are out and camping around here, we are really looking forward to meeting everyone that direction!
Lou and Larry
Lou and Larry,
We too are counting down and everybody here in the park is excited to be hosting our first Air Forum rally and meeting new Airstreamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
We were just looking at the rally calendar and when you RSVP, it only shows for that ONE day that you clicked on even though the event is multi-day. Weird.
Jason and Adrea,
That is wierd, but we have sites reserved for the whole time for everybody that has called the park or RSVP'ed on-line. So everybody is good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
About how many miles from say.... the George Washington bridge?

Anyone have an idea?
LI Pets,
According to Google Maps, it is 323 miles from the George Washington Bridge to Penn Wood. Pretty much straight across I-80...

from: george washington bridge to: limestone, pa 16234 - Google Maps
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 08-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #48
1 Rivet Member

1977 29' Ambassador
Coudersport , Pennsylvania
Mr Deitz645,
I RSVP'd yesterday. I was wondering what time we can arrive at the park on Thursday. I have a High School soccer game in Brockway @ 6pm. Also, if an individual RSVP'd does that mean they get the full site ( sewage hookup )?
77Ambassador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:58 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Site Reserved

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Ambassador View Post
Mr Deitz645,
I RSVP'd yesterday. I was wondering what time we can arrive at the park on Thursday. I have a High School soccer game in Brockway @ 6pm. Also, if an individual RSVP'd does that mean they get the full site ( sewage hookup )?
77Ambassador,
You can come anytime you like, heck you could come Monday and stay all week if you so desire. By RSVP'ing on the rally calendar page you are ready to go with a full hookup site (30 amp electric, water, sewer, digital cable, and WiFi).

We look forward to seeing you there.

PS - You don't have to call me "Mr Deitz645", you can call me Carl
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 09-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #50
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Should we think about bringing our canoe?

Any lakes rivers etc nearby?

Old 09-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #51
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' Classic
1998 19' Bambi
livingston , Texas
canoeing

Bring your canoe. You can paddle the clarion and allegheny rivers both have livery service or there are a couple of places to paddle up and back. depending on where you want to paddle we will come with you
bike 2 eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
bunker hill , Indiana
I was staying in Clarion last year and did see the entrance to this place, very beatiful area. no place better to see the fall foliage. Its a small, small world.
thatscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #53
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike 2 eat View Post
Bring your canoe. You can paddle the clarion and allegheny rivers both have livery service or there are a couple of places to paddle up and back. depending on where you want to paddle we will come with you
Great we'll plan on it!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #54
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs down Rats

We were planning on making it, but unfortunately have to cancel.

One day we may get somewhere with hook-up's.

Have fun gang....
Old 09-15-2009, 05:18 AM   #55
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Double Rats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
We were planning on making it, but unfortunately have to cancel.

One day we may get somewhere with hook-up's.

Have fun gang....
Bob,
That's too bad, we were looking forward to meeting you all. Well there's always next year. Or you don't necessarily have to wait for a rally to visit Penn Wood.

We will be hosting another Fall Colors Forum Rally in 2010 because our unit will not be holding the WBCCI Autumn Leaf Rally. Because the dates of the 2010 Clarion County Autumn Leaf Festival coincide with the 2010 WBCCI Sugar Creek Rally in Ohio. So keep a lookout in the forums and rally cendar for the 2010 Fall Colors Forum Rally.

Just as an FYI for everybody..we have a rally at Penn Wood the first weekend of every month that the park is open (Beginning of May through the middle of October) and anybody is welcome to attend, just call the park for details. The only month we do not have a rally is July, because of people heading to the International Rally, but there are usually a good number of people on hand to have an impromptu Independance Day Rally.

It's getting close, only 15 days and a wake up and it's RALLY TIME. As I mentioned before, my wife and I plus many other Penn Wood regulars are going to be there the week leading up to the rally and if anybody wants to come early and stay late they are more than welcome.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 09-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Thumbs up Another Sign Up For The Rally

WAHOO!!! I just got PM from H2K that they have signed up for the rally.

Just like Hanibal used to say on The A-Team..."I love it when a plan comes together."
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 09-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I must say that we are really stoked about this rally. Not only do I love the fall season, but PennWood was going to be our first stay at an Airstream park. As it turns out, it will be our second to an Airstream park as we stopped last Saturday at Heavenly Highlands in Virginia on our way home from the outer banks. It was a wonderful park. It's really nice to be around a bunch of other people who appreciate silver trailers.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Thumbs up It's Almost RALLY TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
I must say that we are really stoked about this rally. Not only do I love the fall season, but PennWood was going to be our first stay at an Airstream park. As it turns out, it will be our second to an Airstream park as we stopped last Saturday at Heavenly Highlands in Virginia on our way home from the outer banks. It was a wonderful park. It's really nice to be around a bunch of other people who appreciate silver trailers.
Jason and Andrea,
We are also getting stoked for this rally. Everybody at Penn Wood is also chomping at the bit to show everybody a great time, it's sure to be a huge success.

Isn't Virginia Highland Haven and all its folks just great. We were just there the last week in August. It was our second time there. The sunsets are just beasutiful.

Penn Wood is a different kind of beautiful. Where Highland Haven is up on a plateau, Penn Wood is nestled in a Pennsylvania mountain valley surrounded by mature Eastern Hemlocks, White Pines, Red Pines, Tulip Poplar, White & Red Oaks, and Red Maples, to name a few. The days will be comfortable for all sorts of activities and the nights will be cool. Just perfect for evening bon-fires, roasting hot dogs, mash mellows, and shmores. You may even need your furnace in the morning to take the chill off.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 09-17-2009, 05:53 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Autumn Leaf Festival Schedule Of Events

Since our rally coincides with the 56th Annual Clarion County Autumn Leaf Festival I figured those attending might be interested in knowing what will be going on in Clarion while they're visiting Penn Wood. So here's a link to the Festival's Internet Site and a printable Schedule.

During the week the main street of Clarion is cordoned off and lined with carnival type rides, attractions, and FOOD...MMM Funnel Cake (a.k.a. Fried Dough), Pierogies, Cotton Candy, Candy Apples, Carmel Apples, French Fries, Pizza and the list goes on and on!!! After we gorge ourselves on carnival food we can drive on up to Cooks Forrest or AlleghenyNational Forest and hike it all off. Or take a canoe / kayak / float trip down the Clarion River. Or just sit on the patio an relax.

Between the Autumn Leaf Festival and all the other local attractions there will be lots for folks to do and see.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
Old 09-17-2009, 06:08 AM   #60
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
This is shaping up into a great Rally!!!!

Tags
fall rally, mid-atlantic rally, northeast rally, pennsylvania rally