Old 11-29-2007, 09:04 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
I would prefer to stay out of the LA Basin... Including Malibu. Although parking next to Mathew Mcconehey (sp?) would be cool. I hate large cities!

Somewhere around Santa Barbara would be nice. I liek the Ojai idea, Antiquing and a harbour cruise sounds great. I would prefer a reservation type place so we can be sure we are all together.
Hi Michelle, A couple other CenCal ideas would be Morro Bay State Park that now has site specific reservations, and San Simeon State Park. Hope you Ladies have fun!

Old 11-29-2007, 09:07 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
........ I liek the Ojai idea, Antiquing and a harbour cruise sounds great. I would prefer a reservation type place so we can be sure we are all together.
Lake Casitas does take reservation 6 months in advance for all their sites. If we think we have min. of 5 to 10, we might be able to get the group site all for us.

Any words from Pismo Beach area, anyone?

Wheel Interest (Carol), we'll love to have you join us as well. May be one day we can also do a caravan to the Great Lake and meet you too! Bam, what do you think?

=^^= Day Dreamer, cat

Old 11-29-2007, 09:09 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Haven't been to Casitas~But have visited Ojai, which is a great little arty town, with lots of galleries, shops, and hiking trails. And I do believe a winery or two...
Because it's so isolated,it can get into trouble if it's a rainy winter (floods, closed roads, etc.) but at the rate we're going with this drought thing, that will probably be a non-issue.
Thanks for the ideas Steve! Any chance Jan can join us this time?
J
Old 11-29-2007, 09:15 PM   #18
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Pismo is a little close for me. I'd rather go somewhere else if possible but I would come if we decide to go there. I have stayed there and it is next to the beach (dogs on leash only-they do patrol) but again you are very packed in with lots of sites in a smallish space.

I'm leaning toward Ojai...

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:19 AM   #19
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
I like the Ojai idea. Is ther anyone close enough to check out the other Campgrounds listed to see if I can get my "monster" in?
Carpineria, El Capitan, Refugio, Jalama Beach?
Meredith? Meredith? Meredith?

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
whoooo weeee!

I'm here, I'm here! Count me in!

Lake Casitas is a very nice campground. Very clean and well kept. We've spent a lot of time there - Jack's Mom owned the snack bar at the marina for many moons - but we've never camped there.

The best camping areas with hookups are, if I remember correctly, Fox and Bass. Don't know anything about the group areas though, they are probably great.

Yippee!
Old 12-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
great timing

You guys have great timing because I JUST made reservations to camp at Casitas over the kids' Spring break at the end of March. We have Fox #30!

Jack is from Ojai and we still have family living there, so we visit often. So, some facts about Ojai for your reading pleasure:

Ojai is the home of a wonderful spa named the Ojai Valley Inn and Resort. I've been there a couple of times and it's pretty swank. You used to be able to pay a small day use fee and enjoy the spa, but I'm not sure they do that anymore. Even so, they DO have a great bar, a to-die-for resturaunt, and even a beautiful herb garden dotted with little tea houses for private picnics.

Another great place to visit in Ojai is Human Arts. They have two shops - one is home furnishings and such, and the other is jewelry. Most of their stuff is made by local artists. Jack's wedding band is from Human Arts!

Another one of my MOST favorite places to go in Ojai is Barts Books. Check out the website, it's pretty cool.

And, Ojai has the best pizza joint in the world. It's called Boccali's Pizza and Pasta. Really great stuff, and a fun little spot to hang out with the locals.

And, Ojai has a great bike path through town for anyone who might want to get some excersise after all the eating and drinking....

Ok, so that's my tour of Ojai for you girls!

Cheerio,
Old 12-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #22
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
So I guess we are down to Santa Barbara Area or Ojai area.
Which one ladies? Then we can decide on a camp ground.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Both Casita and Cachuma sound good to me. I'm liking the sound of Casitas, but I'm flexible if anyone has other preferences. Who's in so far? Laurel, Meredith, Michelle, Cat? How about the rest of the crew? Deb? Paula? Kristiana? Anyone else? You don't have to do the towing you know, and I probably won't this time (Don't worry, I'll shake him once we get there~)
A great chance to see some lovely areas near Santa Barbara and Ventura!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Thanks Meredith for the quick tour. Sounds like there will be lots to see and do in Ojai. My last visit there was a couple of years ago to their state park, and my girlfriend and I went hiking to a waterfall somewhere in the park. It was nice and beautiful there if anyone like to explore more nature.
Needless to say, Lake Casitas itself have lots of beautiful area for hiking and picniking.

I am voting on that for sure. Since we've been to Cachuma already, it'll be nice to try out somewhere new. The lake is at a lower elevation before you drive up further the hill to Ojai, so it shouldn't be too hard to tow to. If I am not mistaken, please double check with Google map or your GPS, there are two ways to get to Lake Casitas. One from the north on 101 before you get to Ventura City Limit, I believe it's Hwy 150 from Carpinteria. From the South, take 101 north then Hwy 33 to 150.

Meredith, do you think we can still get reservation for the first week of March there?

=^^=cat
Old 12-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
I would not recommend the highway 150 route to Lake Casitas. We drive that way to visit Jack's brother, but it's a very twisty, narrow two lane highway and it has a lot of traffic, including bikes. Personally, I think it's better to take the 101 to Highway 33 and go through Miner's Oaks and Oak View to the 150. A little farther for those of us coming from the North (about 15 minutes more), but not as stressful!

I'm not sure about getting reservations for March, but I would assume that it would not be a really busy time for them. If we are a large enough group, we may be able to secure the group camp area anyway (?)

Ocean Mesa would also be fun. I could try and pull some strings to see if we could get a break on the price for our group.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Meredith, I love your avatar! Do you have a larger version?
And thanks for all the Ojai info. Nothing like having inside scoop!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Silver at Sedgwick

Thanks, Janet! Check your e-mail - I sent you the file.

xxoo,
Old 12-05-2007, 12:05 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
Whoooo Hoooo!

WOW! I'm glad I caught this thread before I got too far behind..

You can count on me and I'll bring either Evie again or another buddy who loves to travel and explore...or even...gasp....THE CHILD!

I'm leaning for the Ohai area if that's still a vote...there's so many places to go that I'd hate to repeat so soon even tho doing the 'Sideways' tour was UNBELIEVABLY fun....and... I can't remember what exactly....something about Fess Parker and some animal fur???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	furthingy.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	50384  

http://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote