Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #521
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Out of Surgery

Marianne has e-mailed Sue with an up-date. Say's Jim is out of surgery and doing OK.
Keep him in your thoughts however, he still has a long way to go before he's back on the road.

Tom and Sue.

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #522
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Thanks, Tom, for the update.

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:42 AM   #523
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nugler
Marianne has e-mailed Sue with an up-date. Say's Jim is out of surgery and doing OK.
Keep him in your thoughts however, he still has a long way to go before he's back on the road.

Tom and Sue.
I P.M.'ed him.. I bet he'll end up better than ever..

the medical field is growing by leaps and bounds.

It;s too bad it had to happen, but I'm sure he's in great hands.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #524
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Hello to All -Surgery took place as planned. All went well. It was an extremely long exhausting day. Jim is resting in the cardiac area because of a flutter or two that developed when he was coming out of the sedation. He will be in the hosp. for a couple more days. The cut was 6 in. above the ankle leaving a good stump for a prosthesis. His attitude is still positive. I'm sure we will have a long up-hill climb with this. Thanks for you caring support - Marianne (Iowa Nana or Nana from Iowa)
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:54 PM   #525
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Well it sure looks like another sucessful Midwest Rally. A big thanks to Jack and those who assist in making this boat float each year. We're sorry we didn't make it this year but are already looking forward to 2008. The pictures are great and we've enjoyed looking at them - thanks to all who've posted.

Tom, we wish you fast healing and a speedy recovery.
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:19 AM   #526
4 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
1978 31' Excella 500
Franklin , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to DPeakMD
We had a wonderful time at the rally. It was great making new friends. We can't wait until next year!

Thanks to Jack for putting together a fun event.

I finally got around to posting a page with pics here...enjoy!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Jim....
WBCCI #8481
DPeakMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:16 AM   #527

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Nice pictures. Most of you don't know but I've been doing a medical diet/diabetes study since January and have lost about 25 lbs. This is the first time I've seen a picture of myself in some time so obviously I was somewhat shocked to see the new thinner me.

Glad everyone had a good time. I'm still trying to get caught up from the trip so I haven't even pulled my pictures off my camera yet. Thanks to all who have posted theirs.

To those of you who like what you see, remember the second weekend of June next year (June 13,14,15). Like the old saying goes, Lord willing and if the creek don't rise we will be back for our 6th year.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #528
_

. , .
yep, i noticed the slimmer you jack...

but wasn't sure if the loss was intentional. good job!

another great rally, made so by the people who attend.

5 years at the same spot, wow. many in the same camp sites....

perhaps it is time to take the show to another scenic midwest location.

as pleasant as mvsra is, there are surely other parks to visit.

i've only been to 3 of the midwest rallies, but i'm ready for a new venue.

anyone else wanna try another campground?

it is absolutely the people (and dogs and food) that make the event...

but clear clean water, different trees, critters and other amenities might be nice too.

it's a big world out there lets explore it!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #529
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
If a different site would ever be chosen, perhaps it could be considered somewhere in Ohio or around Kentucky!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:57 AM   #530
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
Hey Jack, when are you going to get your photos posted?

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #531

Fenton , Missouri
To answer the last couple posts:

Well, I've thought about other locales but quite honestly I really have felt that the determining factor pushing us elsewhere will be us outgrowing the campgrounds, and that hasn't happened as of yet.

The problem with moving is that we chose this site since it was somewhat central to most of us. Keep in mind that going somewhere else will be beneficial for some, yet might keep others from coming. For the biggest part we are all working and our time and travel distance from home dictates if we will or will not come.

What I would rather see is additional rallies starting up in different locales on different dates. For example, you will remember a few years ago we did one up in Mackinaw City Michigan. This year another forum member is doing one in Branson in the fall. In many cases we saw some or will see a lot of the same people at these rallies. Also consider that of the original attendees, 5 units have been there every year. We also have seen some 4 and 3 year returnees. But also keep in mind that we do bring in new folks every year and maybe we will stay in the 30+ unit attendance for the future. Losing some due to scheduling issues, or the fact of being there before, and gaining first timers since the forums continues to grow.

So I'm inclined to say that I'll continue to do Moraine until folks stop attending. Others can establish rallies in other locales just as Steve has done in Branson this summer, and many others have done in other parts of the country. Remember the only reason I got involved with this was initially to get a location and provide a little organization. You don't need to be a Forums Moderator or Administrator to do this. Just pick a site, get a thread rolling and make of it as you will. That's the beauty of it all. There is no required format and you folks make it what you want.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 06-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #532
Rivet Master

2023 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
Thumbs up Alternate Campground

I Will put our Vote in for "Wagon Trail Campground " in Ellison Bay ,Wi.
It's a Beautiful Clean Campground. You can walk to Lake Michigan and to a Resort w/Restaurant-Bakery. It's in Door County Wi. Lot's of hiking or Biking and water sport's. They handle SOB Rally's. We will be there 30 June to 7 July.I will ask about pricing and other possible services that they might do,and will post result's.
Looking forward to next year wherever it might be.
knunut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #533

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by knunut
I Will put our Vote in for "Wagon Trail Campground " in Ellison Bay ,Wi.
It's a Beautiful Clean Campground. You can walk to Lake Michigan and to a Resort w/Restaurant-Bakery. It's in Door County Wi. Lot's of hiking or Biking and water sport's. They handle SOB Rally's. We will be there 30 June to 7 July.I will ask about pricing and other possible services that they might do,and will post result's.
Looking forward to next year wherever it might be.
I've been there twice and it is a beautiful campground and has somewhat spoiled me relative to what I expect from private campgrounds. I know it was a little pricy during main season, but on the otherhand you go that far north, the season for these folks to make their $$ is pretty short.

This is truly a destination site that if I drive that far, I'm spending a minimum of a week at.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 06-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #534
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Moraine View

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
The problem with moving is that we chose this site since it was somewhat central to most of us. Keep in mind that going somewhere else will be beneficial for some, yet might keep others from coming. For the biggest part we are all working and our time and travel distance from home dictates if we will or will not come.

Jack
I fully agree.. Moraine View is the perfect distance for us, not too far, not too close.. it's about a 3 hour drive. It's our "longest" trip of the year.

Gas prices are what is hurting people (us) the most. We won't make it to Branson.

We can see what other rallies pop up.. let's spread the wealth but keep Moraine as a standard.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:01 PM   #535
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Morraine Was a little over 4 hours for us and is likely the longest trip of the year for us as well. I don't think we could make it that far north to Wisconsin, especially for a short weekend.

Perhaps somplace near lake Springfield?

Steve
Old 06-20-2007, 10:13 PM   #536
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Moraine View draws participants from 10 states without thinking too hard. I know I mentally counted 62 people at the potluck -- probably were more. The campground accomodates our large group without blinking. I can count on contact with a consistent core of Forums members there and wouldn't want to fiddle with the formula.

I have heard from another Minnesotan who wants to organize a rally up here. I don't have to give a go-ahead just as Jack says. Any rally can be a good time, even if only 4-5 Airstream owners get interested. 10? 15? All the better!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:37 AM   #537
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lake Forest , Illinois
I think our experience with Moraine was excellent, and we are looking forward to next year. In addition we would like the opportunity to attend other rallys in different settings. We are planning to go to Wagon Trail in Ellison Bay during the next few weeks as it was highly recommended by some of the Moraine folks. A rally does not have to be large and I am certain that some areas and distances will be better suited for some and not as well suited for others. With a variety of locations we can pick those situations which best meet our individual circumstances. Possibly we could simply post a few weeks in advance where we are intending to go and see if anyone else is interested.
woodedareas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:22 PM   #538
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Evanston , Illinois
We camped at Wagon Trails in Ellison Bay a year ago. It is a lovely campground. They are quite serious about the dog rules. My brother had to sign a form acknowledging the dog rules (they have two small dogs) and the managment did check up on the dogs during the week end. This is not a bad thing, but thought you might want to know.

Caryl
Caryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #539
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Moraine is really a good central location for midwest folks. Yes, Indiana might also as well. My take is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. An additional rally would be great in addition to Moraine, but until Moraine can't fit us all in, I'd be reluctant to throw any support for a change. It's not very common to get as many folks to a single place as we have been able to do. Just my .02
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #540
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Hi all. I am out of the hospital and at a rehab facility in Cedar Rapids. Probably will be sent home in about two weeks. Unless the healing on the stump is exceptional, will not be out of a wheelchair then. Everything seems to be going very well so far. Am using the computer here at the rehab center.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote