Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #441
4 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
1978 31' Excella 500
Franklin , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to DPeakMD
Jonathan-

Thanks for the good wishes!

Wish you could join us...it should be a great time!
WBCCI #8481
DPeakMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:32 PM   #442
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
I am out of here see you all there
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #443
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Thanks to Jack for setting up an outstanding rally. We had a great time and the weather couldn't have been better!
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #444
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
A great time.

Got in about an hour ago from the rally. We all had a great time, and couldn't have asked for a better rally to break in the trailer. We had no problems other than that one guy with the neon under his trail who was keeping everyone up all night though! I felt like I was a celeb while leaving the rally today with the paparazzi shooting film of my trailer. Everyone was nice, and extremely helpful when it came to doing things the first time (Backing in, dumping, etc).

We plan on going back next year and want to extend the invitation for everyone down to the Fall Branson Rally (Click the link in my sig). I have another 3 hours of driving to do to get back to base and will hopefully post some pics.

Steve
Old 06-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #445
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
A great time!

Jack and Patty, and everyone else who worked so hard to make this a memorable event... thanks for the superb weekend!

It was great to see everyone. We had a wonderful time. Thanks to everyone who was so kind in talking about our new SOB moho!

You'll get to see the moho pulling the Bigfoot later this summer!

Roger
85MH325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #446
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Great Time

It was so nice to see everyone and meet people we haven't met before :-)

I TERRIBLY missed some old friends and met a few new ones.

Jack did a great job, as usual. The slideshow he did of past rallies was touching. I shed a tear or two or three. The giveaways were WUNNERFUL.

It's nice to see people check in here after the Rally so we know that everyone is home safe.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #447
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Glad you had a great rally. Would really like to see pictures when you've all had a chance to catch your breath! Any trouble with wind or storm as some earlier posts mentioned?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #448
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Apparantly I wasn't trashy enough for RaChelle since I only had one flamingo windsock. Guess I need to work on it for next year.

The wind gusts were vey strong on Thursday going up, but we didn't feel any movement of the trailer from it.

Steve
Old 06-10-2007, 06:45 PM   #449
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
Jack you did it again thank you so much for the great time I can hardly wait untill next year, Thanks everyone who attended this weekend
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #450
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Once again Jack and Company have pulled off another winning event. Thanks again. Probably the most enjoyable and eclectic Midwest Rally yet.
Flags Flying, Art, Live Music, Delicious Pot-Luck, Multi Media Slide Show and a Big Bad Bald Bear. What a weekend.
Compared to the challenging trip down many of us experienced, our ride back was a breeze.
It was good seeing all the old faces again and meeting the new ones.

See you next year if not sooner,
Tom and Sue.

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:51 PM   #451
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Apparantly I wasn't trashy enough for RaChelle since I only had one flamingo windsock. Guess I need to work on it for next year.

Steve
MOI?? TRASHY?? Surely you jest!

The singing and dancing calypso flamingo, all of the twirly flamingo whirligigs, flamingo windsock.... hmmm... I forgot to bring the 6 foot green tin foil palm trees :-(
Old 06-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #452
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
you forgot :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nugler
Once again Jack and Company have pulled off another winning event. Thanks again. Probably the most enjoyable and eclectic Midwest Rally yet.
Flags Flying, Art, Live Music, Delicious Pot-Luck, Multi Media Slide Show and a Big Bad Bald Bear. What a weekend.
Compared to the challenging trip down many of us experienced, our ride back was a breeze.
It was good seeing all the old faces again and meeting the new ones.

See you next year if not sooner,
Tom and Sue.
Besides all of the above.. you forgot the nightly raccoon attacks :-)
Old 06-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #453

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Well we got back about 6 PM. For those of you who weren't driving on Thursday, we probably were traveling in the highest substained winds I have ever towed it. It was at least 45 mph coming out of the south steady. We stopped for gas just off the Interstate with the wind hitting us dead on. It was actually difficult to open the doors of the van, and since this wind was on our tail I had no idea how bad it was in the flat plains of Illinois. I also got my best mileage ever doing 13.8 miles per gallon.

After the gas up we had to head east on the two lane highway for about 26 miles or so. To my surprise we held steady with no sway. Now I did feel the steady push of the wind, but with 60 gallons of fresh water on board, the Classic with the assistance of the Equal-i-zer hitch stayed obediently behing our van. To say the least I was impressed.

Luckily the campground was more sheltered and while we heard the wind up in the trees, ground level was much more quiet, and to our delight no one had any limbs come down on them. That same night, my weather radio went off with a tornado watch that went from 1AM to 5AM. Thankfully the storms fizzled out well west of us and we all got a peaceful night's sleep without any storms or rain.

The weather was again perfect with cool days and jacket nights. Just great for movies on the side of a vintage Airstream. Friday night we did a mix of different Airstream videos, some supplied by Bill Thomas Camper Sales, and one copied from a local STL PBS broadcast. Also thanks to my new Mac and Iphoto we did a great slide montage to music of the previous 4 years of Forums Moraine View rally. Finally to top off the night we showed the first George Reeves Superman adventure which was actually a featured length movie. Superman, and the Mole Men!

Saturday brought the trailer tours, and a pot luck that was unbelievable. I'm on a diet and I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to write down in my diet book for this meal. Maybe just "pot luck with lots of carbs" and let my dietician figure this one out.

Once we cleared dinner it was back to movie time, with an encore presentation of the slide memories for those who came in late on Friday. The movie was The Great Outdoor's with John Candy. After all the food we ate earlier in the evening, I think many of us felt like we ate the "Ol' 96'er".

Sunday brought about our pack up and final fairwells. I still can't believe how much stuff I brought to this event. Between the flags, the flamingos, the whirly gigs, grill, and all the other stuff, at pack up time it looked like I was running a flea market.

Thanks to all of you who came. Your support for this annual event is heart warming. Also thanks to Bill Thomas Camper Sales who supplied the give aways to all attendees, Andy who supplied decals to everyone, Airstream of Arkansas who supplied coffee mugs to everyone, Flamingo-Kid1 and her hubby Gary who graciously shared their site and trailer for the movies and pot luck, Silvertwinkie who supplied the LCD projecter, and Zamboni who supplied the attendence prize for the person who's home base was the farthest. (Artstream from New York).

We had 31 units in attendance and I think we all can say that this one was one of the best rallies we've had up in Moraine. You folks are all great!

Thanks again to everyone. I'll get my pictures up shortly.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #454
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Pictures

Alright,

I am not fortunate enough to have a camera that takes reliable photos, so some of these pictues may be a little grainy. Most of them turned out pretty well. Since I was in a hurry to leave this morning I wasn't able to get pictures of everyone.

I hope someone got a good shot of Collin because the only picture I have of him was with some guy that was walking site to site looking tickets for the Grateful Dead

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zamboni.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	38951   Click image for larger version

Name:	tom.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	38952  

Name:	tiki.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	38953   Click image for larger version

Name:	hooked.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	38954  

Name:	IMG_0217.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	38955   Click image for larger version

Name:	bilouie.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	38956  

Name:	coaches.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	38957   Click image for larger version

Name:	OE1.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	38958  

Name:	jack.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	38959   Click image for larger version

Name:	joecollin.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	38960  

Old 06-11-2007, 06:08 AM   #455
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lake Forest , Illinois
Jack;
Caryn and I thank you and your lovely wife for all of your effort. This certainly is a labor of love for you and all of your efforts enabled us to have our first and very rewarding Airstream rally.I was thrilled to meet so many great people and to learn more about Airstreams then I will ever remember. I was also pleased to meet Joe and after an hours worth of instuction on my awning, I actullay know know how to properly use it.Mike's art work was excellent and we will proudly display our prints for all to see. Airstream owners represent a good cross section of our wonderful and free American way of life, and Caryn and I were greatful to have the opportunity to participate.

Thanks so much and we will see you all next year.
Allen L. Kracower
Lake Forest, Illinois
woodedareas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #456

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodedareas
Jack;
Caryn and I thank you and your lovely wife for all of your effort. This certainly is a labor of love for you and all of your efforts enabled us to have our first and very rewarding Airstream rally Airstream owners represent a good cross section of our wonderful and free American way of life, and Caryn and I were greatful to have the opportunity to participate.

Thanks so much and we will see you all next year.
Allen L. Kracower
Lake Forest, Illinois
Allen, meeting fine folks like you and Caryn make this worth our while. We've developed a lot of friendships from the Forum and having the opportunity to meet you all personally is just icing on the cake for us. Thanks for participating. It was really a great rally....

Hope to see you next year.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #457
1 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Logansport , Indiana
Thanks Jack,and everyone else who attended. I don't think there was anyone I didn't learn something from. What a wonderful weekend! We loved Moraine State Park. I can't imagine what would keep us away next year. Sunday afternoon I got the carry bag I needed for my hammered dulcimer---fits like it was made for it. traveled home from Morris in 3 1/2 hrs . tired after unloading. Now have to pack up for Peoria Next weekend. love you all, Pete & Sara
Pete & Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:33 PM   #458
Rivet Master

Once again had a great Midwest Moraine Rally and post-Rally Sunday night potluck & campfire w/ those that stayed till Monday. Got home safe & sound by 3:30 this afternoon and returned the MOHO to spend some time w/ the SOB's at the storage yard. Boy will she be have some stories to tell them. Michael you outdid yourself w/ the grillin' and music...I still think you don't need all the lights just the right kind of "smoker" ! ) Until next year...be safe. Hope to see any & all at Steve's Branson Rally second weekend of October.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #459
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Thanks to everyone for a great rally! Thanks to Pete & Sara for the music both nights. Thanks to the the almost 3 year old Collin (soldiermedic) and almost 4 month Caleb (anussia) for the most wide eyed Airstreamers present. The only thing better than the weather, the Airstreams and the potluck was the shared cameraderie. Mark, we'll have to pass around the blueberry dumpcake recipe - please? Jack, you know how to guide us down the path to shiny, sublime happiness...

Name:	Pam,Dallas 'DPeakMD', Amy 'soldiermedic', Susie 'CanoeStream'.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	38989

Name:	View from my door - WOW soldiermedic.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	38990

Name:	Cottage's oldest skipping a meal.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	38991

Name:	flamingo-kid1, STL4519 and Laura 'Zamboni' discussing Mark's winning dessert.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	38992

Name:	Silvertwinkie, 85MH325 & Norbert.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	38993

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #460
Rivet Master