Old 03-27-2007, 08:02 PM   #155
Rivet Master

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
well, if norbert needs any help with the snipe hunting, let me know. i've caught more than a few of those pesky little critters in my day and i have all the traps and bait you could want. i even have my snipe camoflage! here snipey, here snipey!...

Old 03-27-2007, 08:31 PM   #156
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamers
well, if norbert needs any help with the snipe hunting, let me know. i've caught more than a few of those pesky little critters in my day and i have all the traps and bait you could want. i even have my snipe camoflage! here snipey, here snipey!...
well, unless john hd will lend me his flags, i doane got nune...hot lava knows a lot about those choco snipes though which require extra special camo...i on the other hand just deal with the common grocery store variety.

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #157
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
We be driving our 1968 Ford 4x4 and pulling the 1963 Bambi. We look very vintage from the outside. But after all isn't what's on the inside that counts. Looking forward to meeting all the great folks.
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Looking forward to seeing one of your two vintage units...which one will you bring? Will you be towing it with that vintage truck?

After looking at some of the photos of the work you did, it would be great to see them first hand. I think you'll have a great time at this event. It's one of the highlights of the new season for me!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:34 PM   #158
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Looking forward to it...I've enjoyed the pics of the Bambi restoration!

Safe trip...see you in June!
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #159
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Whoa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Bambi
We be driving our 1968 Ford 4x4 and pulling the 1963 Bambi. We look very vintage from the outside. But after all isn't what's on the inside that counts. Looking forward to meeting all the great folks.
Don
How fun, even if it looks like WE'LL be losing our "oldest" status :-(

Your 1963 trumps our 1967 :-)

We are really looking forward to meeting all of the new people who have signed up for Moraine this year, plus re-establishing contact with the ones we already know :-)
Old 03-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #160
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Maybe that's true by a couple of years. But the 60' were and are cool in many ways. I mean far out man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo-kid1
How fun, even if it looks like WE'LL be losing our "oldest" status :-(

Your 1963 trumps our 1967 :-)

We are really looking forward to meeting all of the new people who have signed up for Moraine this year, plus re-establishing contact with the ones we already know :-)
Old 03-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #161
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Bambi
Maybe that's true by a couple of years. But the 60' were and are cool in many ways. I mean far out man.
When I say I'm wit you, I mean, I'm wit you!
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 03-28-2007, 07:53 PM   #162

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auretrvr
We had reservations elswhere and I just realized that we can be there for the rally! Our first! Will there be snipe hunts??? I wish we could email or phone in the reservations. That way we'd know if it was full.
Yep there is room at this time. Please get your reservations in to insure you get a spot assigned to you. Check out the rally link
http://www.airforums.com/forum...9&day=2007-6-8 for information and also the first post in this thread.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #163
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Jack, I fired you off a PM about the sound gear.....
Old 03-31-2007, 06:56 PM   #164
Rivet Master

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
hey fellow ralliers, airstreamers here. wayne and i (cheryl) have received our spot assignment for this rally. it just came in the mail today. we will be on p29. our first rally, we are getting excited! can't wait to put faces to some of the names. since this will be our first time, can somebody tell me if we bring dishes of food to pass, do we just fix our own, etc. are there certain things we should know to do or bring? i sure don't want to get off on the wrong foot! thanks, cheryl.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:21 AM   #165
3 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Iowa City , Iowa
Yes, what do we bring?

Like Cheryl, I am wondering what we are supposed to bring. We will be ending a fairly long trip with the rally, so if there is a potluck, I would only be able to bring something we can prepare there. Or do folks just bring their own dinner and gather at a common spot?

I feel like a kid looking forward to camp. Wait...I am!!!

Auretrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:28 AM   #166

Fenton , Missouri
Things to bring

To answer the last two posts, on Saturday we will have a pot luck dinner that we will set up on one of the bigger sites. We ask that each site bring in a dish that will serve 4 to 6 people. Some bring salads, others cassaroles, some bring deserts, vegtables, whatever. For yourself make your own meat dish if you want. That dish you don't have to share. We've never assigned the dishes and believe it or not it really works out well. About a month before the rally, I'll start posting a list of what you all are bringing. That way everyone will know what's coming and you can make your decision as to what you will be bringing.

All other meals are on your own.

Be sure to have lawn chairs for movie night and remember that we've had some evenings where it's pretty cool so bring something to wrap up in. There is a lake with a beach nearby so you could swim if it's warm enough. There is also a full service bath house nearby.

Be sure you have a water fill hose since there is no water hookups at each site. I bring along 3 seven gallon water containers that I can fill at the community water spigot, in case I need to top off the fresh water tank. We can also join hoses together to fill tanks if we need to.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 04-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #167

Fenton , Missouri
Flag theme

Since I made this choice I now have to figure out how I'm going to display a flag(s) for my trailer. I finally started poking around the Internet and at a local flag store and came up with this fairly inexpensive way.

It's a ground hold that if I'm right, could be secured under the hitch jack on the trailer. Here is the link to it at Sam's Club. It comes with the pole, the stand, and can hold 2-3x5 flags. The stand will be far enough in front of the trailer to keep the pole or flags from hitting it.

Sam's Club - Tailgater Package - 14' 4"

What do you all think?

Jack
AIR #56
Old 04-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #168
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Jack,
If you put the base under the jack foot will it clear the frame alright? If it does then you could also clamp the pole to the frame or the jack higher up.
Good idea!
Al