Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 10:02 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1963 24' Tradewind
Highland , Illinois
Thumbs up We're going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
I'm fair game on almost any attempt to "clean up" the appearance of the Overlander.

Comsmotinie, you gona make it this year?????
Sorry Tedd, I didn't see your post til just now.

We're planning on going to Moraine View and then head up to a place near Holland Michigan when we leave.

Anyone have any knowledge of Oak Grove Resort?

Dennis

Old 01-13-2005, 10:52 AM   #30

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmotini
Sorry Tedd, I didn't see your post til just now.

We're planning on going to Moraine View and then head up to a place near Holland Michigan when we leave.

Anyone have any knowledge of Oak Grove Resort?

Dennis
Its in town. We drove past it just to give it a looksee. It looks ok from what I can see. Our stay was at a campground just south of Holland. The road in front of the campground carries some traffic so kids need to be watched if they are heading to the lakefront.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
Old 01-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1963 24' Tradewind
Highland , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Its in town. We drove past it just to give it a looksee. It looks ok from what I can see. Our stay was at a campground just south of Holland. The road in front of the campground carries some traffic so kids need to be watched if they are heading to the lakefront.

Jack
Thanks Jack!

Dennis
Old 02-12-2005, 03:38 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Hey Hey Hey

It's a bee-yoo-ti-ful spring like day, with NO SNOW in sight, here in Northern IL.

I'm stuck at work.. oh the happy happy joy joy of owning a small business...

So can the Rally at Moraine View hurry up and get here??
Old 02-13-2005, 01:16 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Wappapello , Missouri
Hi Jack,
Just happened across this thread.
We're planning to be there!!

Bill & Ellen Howell
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
WBCCI #2526
Old 02-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Any other MH's

Count us it ...sure would be great to see another MH attend (hint, hint).
Old 02-13-2005, 09:40 PM   #35

Fenton , Missouri
I'm going to be talking to the folks at Moraine tomorrow (Monday). My plan was to post the information this weekend, but the office closes at 3 PM and I called at 3:30 Friday. Stay tuned. We will get the ball rolling. Maybe we can get to 40 this year???

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56
Old 02-14-2005, 07:19 AM   #36
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
The suspense is killing me!!! The schedule for my work trip is "Tentitive" and its killing me that I have to tare apart my Overlander in the next two months to keep my neighbor happy. If I ever get to go camping this summer it may be in a Aluminum tent.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:50 AM   #37
2 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Wink

HI EVERYONE!!!!!!

I haven't been following the forum like I should....

But I opened up the website today and was so happy to see a Midwest Rally in the works! Count us in! We haven't missed one yet - don't plan on starting now!

Oh, I changed my screen name due to the fact that changing it was far less complicated than filling out the "forgot password?" section and reading and following directions. Besides, i think Hot Lava suits me much better - looking forward to adding some heat to this thread! (evil laugh)
Old 02-14-2005, 09:48 AM   #38
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Could this be Tracey Lawrence speaking?
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 02-14-2005, 10:28 AM   #39

Fenton , Missouri
Talking *******Official Announcement*********

OK folks its a go for the 3rd annual Moriane View Midwest Rally. Check your calendar and reserve the 17th, 18th, and 19th of June (Friday, Saturday, depart on Sunday afternoon). June is a funny month with the first week only being 4 days. So with school going possibly into the second week for some and because I have a big show here at the Convention Center we will move to the third weekend.

Hard to believe we went from 14 units in 2003 to almost double the attendance last June. You think we might do 40 this year??? At this point circle the date and start making your reservations.

For those new to the forum, Moraine View State Park is just southeast of Normal Illinois, which happens to be nice midpoint for folks coming from Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Michigan. A little longer drive for those of you in the extremes of these states or in the surrounding Midwest areas of Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, and Minnesota. Here is the link to their site.

Moraine View Website

We do trailer tours, campfires, pot luck dinner, repairs, and maybe I'll try again on the movies (last year we had some rain on movie night and our person who had the LCD projector had to cancel at the last minute).

Here is the link to my photos from 2004's and 2003's rally.
Midwest Rally Pictures

Here is the link to the Moraine View reservation form. You will need to send in your first night's reservation money which includes a $5.00 non refundable reservation fee. Note we are in the Gander Bay campground.

Reservation Form

All sites have electric and there are two dump stations available. Come with full water tanks and bring your water hoses. For those who run short of water, we can set up a hose brigade to refill your tank from the nearest water outlet.

Be sure to write "Airstream Group" at the top of your reservation form. The folks at Moraine will assign the sites and keep us camped together. Please note that the reservations are first come, first served. While the Moraine folks will keep us together, they must honor other requests from individuals outside our group who request specific sites. That means if you wait until the last minute, you may have someone between you and the group who is not with us. Now maybe you can convince them to trade in their SOB, but that's your choice.

At this point the entire pool of campsites are available so it's not too early to make your reservation now. If you change your mind, the only money at risk is $5 and you can get the balance of your deposit back.

Be sure to let me know your site number, once you get your confirmation. I'll keep a list posted as we go along.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56
Old 02-14-2005, 10:54 AM   #40
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
neighbors??

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
The suspense is killing me!!! The schedule for my work trip is "Tentitive" and its killing me that I have to tare apart my Overlander in the next two months to keep my neighbor happy. If I ever get to go camping this summer it may be in a Aluminum tent.
Your neighbors are complaining?
Do you have both units in your driveway?
You must have HUGE driveway!
Old 02-14-2005, 12:41 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Well not yet, but by the end of the month. Driveway count will be 1 pop-up, 1 26 foot AS, 1 28 foot AS and my Chevy Caprice. I will have room for one more car too.

I have a tight schedule for the 28 rebuild to get it road worthy by June, so I can Aluminum (airconditioned) tent at MVSP if the work trip date is changed.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:15 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
I just put mine and cottag's reservation in the mail I will let you know what sites we have