OK folks its a go for the 3rd annual Moriane View Midwest Rally
. Check your calendar and reserve the 17th, 18th, and 19th of June (Friday, Saturday, depart on Sunday afternoon)
. June is a funny month with the first week only being 4 days. So with school going possibly into the second week for some and because I have a big show here at the Convention Center we will move to the third weekend.
Hard to believe we went from 14 units in 2003 to almost double the attendance last June. You think we might do 40 this year??? At this point circle the date and start making your reservations.
For those new to the forum, Moraine View State Park is just southeast of Normal Illinois, which happens to be nice midpoint for folks coming from Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Michigan. A little longer drive for those of you in the extremes of these states or in the surrounding Midwest areas of Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, and Minnesota. Here is the link to their site.
Moraine View Website
We do trailer tours, campfires, pot luck dinner, repairs, and maybe I'll try again on the movies (last year we had some rain on movie night and our person who had the LCD projector had to cancel at the last minute).
Here is the link to my photos from 2004's and 2003's rally.
Midwest Rally Pictures
Here is the link to the Moraine View reservation form. You will need to send in your first night's reservation money which includes a $5.00 non refundable reservation fee. Note we are in the Gander Bay campground.
All sites have electric and there are two dump stations available. Come with full water tanks and bring your water hoses. For those who run short of water, we can set up a hose brigade to refill your tank from the nearest water outlet.
Be sure to write "Airstream Group" at the top of your reservation form.
The folks at Moraine will assign the sites and keep us camped together. Please note that the reservations are first come, first served. While the Moraine folks will keep us together, they must honor other requests from individuals outside our group who request specific sites. That means if you wait until the last minute, you may have someone between you and the group who is not with us. Now maybe you can convince them to trade in their SOB, but that's your choice.
At this point the entire pool of campsites are available so it's not too early to make your reservation now. If you change your mind, the only money at risk is $5 and you can get the balance of your deposit back.
Be sure to let me know your site number, once you get your confirmation. I'll keep a list posted as we go along.