Old 07-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #393
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
We could make mud notes in the playa. Smoke signals. Use a white board marker on the side of an A/S. "Draft" a designated sign person, write messages on her back..

Old 07-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #394
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Try again...

Who will step up to the call for a

COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD

Nutin fancy but must stick in the ground, stand strong winds, be about 4.5 ft tall and have that erasable white surface and some colored pens on strings.

Who will take up this most excellent task, moving to the next level of nirvana and take the title of

"The wise Dusthopper"
?

The Great Humongous

ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #395
Just keep doing things...

1969 27' Overlander
Walla Walla , Washington
What a long strange trip its been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperPilot View Post
YES!!
I have only come from Bend (in 06) as I go strait down from the Walla via John Day. Head down to Salem, then Bend, La Pine, Valley falls to Lakeview to Alturas - right before Alturas go over Cedar Pass to Cedarville then on to the Burn.

We will be camped on Cedar Pass right outside Alturas the night before rolling into the Burn. If you are anywhere near the Walla, you must stop in.
Also; Get gas in Alturas - it is the last large scale place to gas up. The pass is high, almost a dozen of our warm beer cans blew up in the trailer icebox. It took us hours to lick it all up. If you lick on one side and then the other, back and forth so to speak, the carpet doesn't hurt your tongue much at all. But being more experienced with this "exploding can" sort of thing, this year I'm bringing straws with little tiny filters in them.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:50 PM   #396
1 Rivet Member

Lauderdale , Florida
The site is al ittle childish - cause burning man sounds soo.
what ever - yeah i see it is a nice project, and i i hope i will be joining that soon.

_____
Michell
Old 07-28-2008, 11:50 PM   #397
Just keep doing things...

1969 27' Overlander
Walla Walla , Washington
Community stuff to bring

If anybody has, and has room to bring a few carpet pieces, and a couple tables, they would be great to have for the community center. Last year we put down some shag pile carpet on the playa and it was very nice on the tired toesies.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:23 AM   #398
AerAriel

2008 19' Bambi
Coos Bay , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
Not thinking of moving there, but where is Hushville?
We were about three blocks from Center Camp last year which was surprisingly peaceful. There are rules however: No generators, No continuous loud sounds, Clean up after yourself......And it is a pretty diverse and fun bunch. Usually shares a boundary with AEZ.
I have been following this thread because my wife and I bought a new 19' Bambi last winter which we have yet to use (heading for NV and UT September and October), but are squeamish about subjecting it to the dust of the playa (that will change with time...or not).
I'm planning to stop by wherever your camp ends up. Or you are welcome to find us on the Hushville-AEZ border. Look for the 12x20 white canopy with a RW&B Hypno-Twister atop a 20' pole and two RW&B feather banners. The H-T is great for finding camp (strobe at night)....Something I haven't seen discussed in your thread. Anyway, we will have shade, shelter and beer if you are far from home and in need of such...Or simply need to duck out of a dust storm.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:54 AM   #399
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenPom View Post
If anybody has, and has room to bring a few carpet pieces, and a couple tables, they would be great to have for the community center. Last year we put down some shag pile carpet on the playa and it was very nice on the tired toesies.
C

I have 2 tables to offer up to the community center.

The Great Humongous
Old 07-30-2008, 01:03 AM   #400
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlittrell View Post
We were about three blocks from Center Camp last year which was surprisingly peaceful. There are rules however: No generators, No continuous loud sounds, Clean up after yourself......And it is a pretty diverse and fun bunch. Usually shares a boundary with AEZ.
I have been following this thread because my wife and I bought a new 19' Bambi last winter which we have yet to use (heading for NV and UT September and October), but are squeamish about subjecting it to the dust of the playa (that will change with time...or not).
I'm planning to stop by wherever your camp ends up. Or you are welcome to find us on the Hushville-AEZ border. Look for the 12x20 white canopy with a RW&B Hypno-Twister atop a 20' pole and two RW&B feather banners. The H-T is great for finding camp (strobe at night)....Something I haven't seen discussed in your thread. Anyway, we will have shade, shelter and beer if you are far from home and in need of such...Or simply need to duck out of a dust storm.

Thanks for the heads-up and invite to Hushville, sound nice! Count on a visit!
Also, a big congrats on your new Bambi!

See ya on the Playa.

The Great Humongous
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	depraidabm7.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	64726  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:52 AM   #401
AerAriel

2008 19' Bambi
Coos Bay , Oregon
BRC Placement List

The BRC placement list has just been posted. It is a tedius read, but may help you discover if the location you want is actually available.....AND who your neighbors might be!

http://www.burningman.com/themecamps/placement08.html
Old 07-31-2008, 01:13 PM   #402
..to the elements be free

2008 19' Safari
Coos Bay , Oregon
Ignore this message

OK, I'm just trying to see if this member stuff comes up the way I want it to...............
Old 07-31-2008, 04:15 PM   #403
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
In the placement list, it looks like the max dimension between the named roads is 150'. Is this correct? I thought it was 170' last year.

Zep
Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:23 PM   #404
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
In the placement list, it looks like the max dimension between the named roads is 150'. Is this correct? I thought it was 170' last year.

Zep
Yup, it looks like they changed the dimensions to 150'

Dam fly's

"It's not so much the itching, it's the burning"

The Great Humongous

Old 07-31-2008, 09:54 PM   #405
..to the elements be free

2008 19' Safari
Coos Bay , Oregon
Here's what they did:

Did you feel the squeeze in 2007? Well there are some BIG changes to our city this year! Remove 2007's three inner blocks -- Esplanade through "C" -- and you have our new Esplanade for 2008. After the Esplanade, the streets for 2008 run A-K. Since we've taken the three shortest concentric streets from the inside, we added two longer concentric roads at the back of the city. The distance from the Man to the Esplanade road is increasing from 2200 to 2700 feet, which also means the length of the Esplanade grows over 2500 feet longer than last year. Click here to see a comparison against last year's plan. See you in Black Rock City!

Basically, the new plan appears to have longer, narrower sites.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #406
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Here's a revised layout for 150'. Note that the width has been increased to 230' from the previous 200'. This layout only allows for 18 attendees. Not everyone is going to put up an awning, so we'll have to make spacing mods as rigs arrive and state their actual needs (unless we want to get highly organized, reserve spots, make rules, buy berets...uhmm, I don't think so).

Name:	circled wagson--control 150.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	485.1 KB
ID:	64860

Hey, everybody got their pirate flags?????

I believe this will create an issue for how the longer rigs park (still attempting to avoid having to back in, as much as possible). As you arrive, pick your spot, but observe where the openings are on the opposite side, so that you don't park in a way that fills in your side so tightly that someone can't pull across to the other side. I think the shortest rigs will still be able to come in the entrance and make the turn to their center spots.

Name:	circled wagson--arrival 150.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	554.8 KB
ID:	64861

Note: The corners are critical to "defending the space" and should be filled as early as possible. Artstream and myself have claimed two of them--anyone else (I think so, but I don't want to read 29 pages of posts... )?

Dr Quark

Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote