Old 07-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #337
ChopperPilot

1964 17' Bambi II
walla walla , Washington
Send a message via AIM to ChopperPilot Send a message via MSN to ChopperPilot
NevadaGeo: Brother, I know your issues - Im in IT. My users use XP, Suse Linux, OS-X, Windows Server, AIX....and of all those 300 operating systems...some are better than others. It will get better over time, maybe with their new version? Look at me being positive and not taking a dump on Microsoft. Good boy...sit...good boy.
The best - tell yourself whatever you have to...is Apple OS-X, Suse Linux and AIX. UNIX - Live Free or Die.

Major: Sir, blender rotor RPM - check. Nothing like gettin' light on the skids first thing in the morning.
It's that shutter - think back...aluminum has its own subtle harmonic vibration - the ever so rhythmic song of the helo as it purrs, the fast articulation of the tail roter waving at me through my pedals - boom bobbin wondering why the hell we are still sitting here on the ramp - lets go already. Sun shining, OAT great, gauges green - loose those doors. Blackrock Tower, Helo bravo oscar oscar zulu echo is at the playa requesting a low level exit on a heading of 112 - checking out the nude chicks over at the Deep End. We are ready to roll and I know its a no movement area. This blender comes equipped with a autorotate option - don't worry, we'll be ok in the event the generator runs out of fuel.

We should bring a helo chassis - something like a old school huey, put is on the playa - make it our fort. We can get a gang together and go to adventures unknown.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #338
ChopperPilot

1964 17' Bambi II
walla walla , Washington
A helo art car that steers with the cyclic, collective and pedals....that would be SICK! It would be a moving fort then. We could do air assaults into playa-hot LZs.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #339
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie M View Post
Bam Camper:

I don't know if you remember me;last year I went to the Burnstream camp and met you and the young couple from Nevada. I am Charlie M from the Nevada Unit of the WBCCI. This year once again I'll be with some friends in SOB's and we generally park around 7:30 & H.

Question, do you know where the Burning Man Rally Airstreams will park this year? I'll stop by and say hi.

Charlie M:
Hey Charlie...sure I remember you.

C'mon by and say hi...or have some tasty food and refreshing beverages.

I think we are attempting to squat at around 2:30-3:30ish and E-ish.
(correct me if I've veered off course oh esteemed map-o-phyles)

-Bamalwaysvanishingsomewhereintothenight

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #340
ChopperPilot

1964 17' Bambi II
walla walla , Washington
Compadres!
Hey, I just heard from a friend that my post concerning getting ready for the burn sounded negative and angry - I believe the quote was...."I think he has lost it"
WOW - what a jolt. I was totally excited, jazzed up, and so excited to get going when I wrote it - not one negative thought in sight. I was totally into our plans, its exceptional engineering and nerds like me are all over that. I have my own technical drawings (to scale) of my own camp too.

I was so very excited about what had gone on to this point and tried to make a point about "letting go" - hopefully helping someone else wrapped up in the day to day details accomplish the same. I don't let go - never. Man, do I need to... I'm wound way too tight.
I hope I didn't offend anyone, it was not my intent. Millions of comedians out of work and there I was trying to be funny - I should stick to my day job. I'm just ready to party like a rockstar with my homies.

ok - lets resume the party...
ready
set...
GO!!!!

So, sorry dudes. I will be a little more careful with my slang and craziness.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #341
1 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Oakland , California
Send a message via AIM to bluegabs
hahaha negative?

serios?

if that wayward rant was negative, we arent the only ones around who need to 'let go'

of COURSE youve lost it.. isnt that the point?

some folks just cant grasp it...its ok, mebbe they will some day.
i think, in gneral, you can only be like minded to an extent... there are those who get it & those who dont.
BM isnt for everyone, nor is the vibe, the intention, the release, the expression, the joy & the gift itself.

i, for one, thought your post was a hoot & tho i proly wont be part fo the camp, will be close & can only hope to meet everyone involved... and mebbe hear the PA garble if im lucky.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:09 AM   #342
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperPilot View Post
I will be a little more careful with my slang and craziness.
Now why would you go and do that
and dilute a perfectly good smack down?

I, for two, enjoyed the humorous rant...
well except for the morbidly nude visual.

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #343
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
Quote:

We got a short period of time to let go. I'm going to let go, I deal with all this structure all the time - we all do. I hope you all grant yourself the license to let go...please. I never do, I need to more and so do you.

ok - I expect some crazy fun responses - I wanna laugh and get ready for the Burn now.
ok...
ready
set...
GO!!!
Craig and Mary,

Thank you for posting such a great message! We whole heartedly share your feelings! Go ahead and lose it-find it, and lose it all over again!

We've planned, got maps, got schedules and itineraries, excel'd this, pdf'd that. We're super excited as we go checking things off our list (in excel) and can't wait to get on playa time.

We love hippies, Sinatra, people who sing along with Sinatra, and even morbidly obese nekkid people (we'll try our best to avert our eyes but if drawn into a conversation will make a very concerted effort to look directly into their eyes).

You and everyone else who comes to the playa makes Burning Man such an awesome experience.

We can't wait to meet you and the rest of the happy campers!

Gemma and Murray
Old 07-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #344
BBQ'd twinkies

1994 25' Excella
Reno , Nevada
Costumes etc..

Hey guys, how are you all doing? Been a while since I've logged on although I've been reading the posts. I see we've got our layout all figure out. Thanks guys! Did we ever decide on potluck night?

Have any of you guys had any luck with costumes? I need a little help. Any suggestions for my husband and myself? We are open to anything that doesn't contain nudity---we don't want to burn the retinas out of our fellow airstreamers eyeballs ya know.

Can't wait to see you all there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 136.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	63294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 155.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	63295  

Old 07-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #345
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Reno , Nevada
How can we help?

Hi Folks,
Bin and I have been off the thread for a bit but are getting excited about burning man!! I just discovered EL Wire and have been going crazy trying to wire up something fun for camp. Its my first go at EL Wire and portable solar charging systems so we will have to see how it goes.

Anyway, the layout looks great and we are looking forward to meeting everyone.

Are there common center camp supplies that are needed? Like EZ Ups, tables, etc?? I didn't see a list but I only went back about 8 pages. Also, is there going to be a final summary of critical details?
Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Doug & Bin ^2
Old 07-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #346
2 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhottys View Post
We love hippies, Sinatra, people who sing along with Sinatra, and even morbidly obese nekkid people
Well, that's a relief.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #347
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Compadres!
Hey, I just heard from a friend that my post concerning getting ready for the burn sounded negative and angry - I believe the quote was...."I think he has lost it"
WOW - what a jolt. I was totally excited, jazzed up, and so excited to get going when I wrote it - not one negative thought in sight. I was totally into our plans, its exceptional engineering and nerds like me are all over that. I have my own technical drawings (to scale) of my own camp too.

I was so very excited about what had gone on to this point and tried to make a point about "letting go" - hopefully helping someone else wrapped up in the day to day details accomplish the same. I don't let go - never. Man, do I need to... I'm wound way too tight.
I hope I didn't offend anyone, it was not my intent. Millions of comedians out of work and there I was trying to be funny - I should stick to my day job. I'm just ready to party like a rockstar with my homies.

ok - lets resume the party...
ready
set...
GO!!!!

So, sorry dudes. I will be a little more careful with my slang and craziness.
I've never been to BM and probably never will, but I thought your post was funny, and loose, and light-hearted, and dead-on, and great. It actually made me really want to go to BM. Maybe someday. I'm sure you're going to have a great time.

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #348
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimW View Post
Hey guys, how are you all doing? Been a while since I've logged on although I've been reading the posts. I see we've got our layout all figure out. Thanks guys! Did we ever decide on potluck night?

Have any of you guys had any luck with costumes? I need a little help. Any suggestions for my husband and myself? We are open to anything that doesn't contain nudity---we don't want to burn the retinas out of our fellow airstreamers eyeballs ya know.

Can't wait to see you all there!

The ones you have on are fine

TGH
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #349
BBQ'd twinkies

1994 25' Excella
Reno , Nevada
Talking Bman costumes

Duh, thanks but those aren't costumes. We can't help it if we look er, weird. Oh, but that's what burningman is all about right?

So---if no one suggest where we can get an idea for costumes then we are going naked. And If you think our faces look weird, just wait until you see the rest!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #350
BBQ'd twinkies

1994 25' Excella
Reno , Nevada
What is EL Wire?