Old 04-14-2016, 06:51 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
I have one of these...bought the Airstream new in February from a dealer in Tucson. I live in Colorado. Do I contact Tucson or the dealer in Colorado for a fix?

Old 04-14-2016, 11:14 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
My bad....I decided to go back out and take a look at what I have. I actually was envisioning the regulator I had on my old Airstream. It was installed a long time ago. The one I have is not the one in the recall.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:05 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
URGENT SAFETY ISSUE - Sturgis Regulator Recall

I talked to Jackson Center yesterday. They confirmed our coach is under the recall.

I made an appointment today at our closest Airstream Dealer in Mesa AZ, to get the regulator fixed. They worked us in and replaced the regulator with a white one.

I'll have to contact Airstream and see where our recall notice is.

“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Llando88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:36 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
I talked to Jackson Center yesterday. They confirmed our coach is under the recall.

I made an appointment today at our closest Airstream Dealer in Mesa AZ, to get the regulator fixed. They worked us in and replaced the regulator with a white one.

I'll have to contact Airstream and see where our recall notice is.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I reached out to my dealer today and they verified that mine is also part of the recall. Not sure yet how it will be resolved, but I am glad I know about it before we take our next trip.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:58 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLevel View Post
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I reached out to my dealer today and they verified that mine is also part of the recall. Not sure yet how it will be resolved, but I am glad I know about it before we take our next trip.
Yes sir.

I will take a picture of the new one that was installed today soon. They took about 40 minutes to do the job, including a manometer test. I tested the range tonight and have no issues. High marks for Desert Autoplex, the Airstream dealer here in Mesa AZ. Very professional job.

Now I think about it, I'd smelled a whiff of propane when opening the tanks after a travel day over the past month (we have been on the road since 3/4/16.) STUPID ME for ignoring that.

“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:51 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
URGENT SAFETY ISSUE - Sturgis Regulator Recall

Quick photo of the regulator that was installed yesterday on my 2016 27' FC:

I believe they also replaced the two tank supply hoses as well.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Oviedo , Florida
That is a Cavegna regulator - Italian made

Keith
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Southeastern Camping Unit, WBCCI #1675
khollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:03 PM   #36

2016 16' Sport
Campbell , California
Unhappy Me too. Fix it if you have it!

I don't normally go out of my way to act on recalls, maybe I should.

I went to run some errands and when I got back home I heard a noise that sounded like water rushing through pipes coming from the propane tank compartment. I opened the lid and saw the glass window had popped right off. I shut both tanks. The right one had ice built up all around the base.

My '16 16ft Sport was parked in the driveway, thankfully no smokers were walking by but the smell wasn't that pronounced so I have a feeling that the leak wasn't too rapid.

If you have this part get it changed ASAP.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:59 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
LP Regulator Recall - why still finding these on the trailers?

We just bought our 2016 AS Flying Cloud a few weeks ago - granted, it had been in the dealer's possession at least since Jan 2016 - Our LP regulator just stopped working with no obvious sign of failure. Found out about the recall after I called Jackson Center to see if they'd ship us a regulator and save a trip to the dealer. Seems dealer should have fixed this before it left the lot, but whatever.

Airstream is willing to ship a replacement part, but not directly to us - they insist that it has to be sent to a service center. Our dealer doesn't want to just give us the part, saying they need to install it themselves on the trailer. Husband managed to install a working one from our old trailer - seems to not be difficult, so what is the problem? Big pain to haul trailer all the way to service center just for this.

We're about ready to just buy one and not bother with the recall.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi KittyCatCat. . . have you tried the new AS dealer in Duluth,GA ? When we lived there, we went all the way to the Mothership for real service (685 mi). . .just wondering, Craig
Old 07-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
Hi RamblinManGa - Thanks -good to know about Duluth which is way north of Atlanta - Our dealer is in Norcross, just NE of Atlanta, and they seem OK, but we're about 30 mi SE of ATL - problem is driving past Atlanta even on back roads - the drivers are all insane, to put it kindly. Pack all the insanity bumper-to-bumper and we look for any and all alternatives.

There is an RV place that services Airstreams about 15 mins. from me - SouthernRV - don't know anything about them but might give them a call.

Fortunately, husband actually is very handy, so I have no problem with him putting on a replacement regulator. Also, we just traveled 2 weeks and 2K miles with the regulator from our old white box trailer that he transferred to the Airstream, worked great. Used the old regulator because the new one quit when we tried to switch the fridge to gas the morning we were to leave......

I did call MB Sturgis, as someone else mentioned here earlier, and they said to call back Monday when the guy who's handling the recall is in, so maybe they'll send us one. Paula
Old 07-08-2016, 06:14 PM   #40
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
The issue is one of safety and liability. Airstream wants to ensure a qualified technician replaces the regulator, just in case.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
The issue is one of safety and liability. Airstream wants to ensure a qualified technician replaces the regulator, just in case.

My guess is this is the correct answer.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:59 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatcat View Post
We just bought our 2016 AS Flying Cloud a few weeks ago - granted, it had been in the dealer's possession at least since Jan 2016 - Our LP regulator just stopped working with no obvious sign of failure. Found out about the recall after I called Jackson Center to see if they'd ship us a regulator and save a trip to the dealer. Seems dealer should have fixed this before it left the lot, but whatever.

Airstream is willing to ship a replacement part, but not directly to us - they insist that it has to be sent to a service center. Our dealer doesn't want to just give us the part, saying they need to install it themselves on the trailer. Husband managed to install a working one from our old trailer - seems to not be difficult, so what is the problem? Big pain to haul trailer all the way to service center just for this.

We're about ready to just buy one and not bother with the recall.
The RV service center they ship it to doesn't need to be an Airstream dealer. We had it shipped to a place 5 minutes from our home. Yes, it's a 10 minute job and it's easy to replace, but if there is an RV service center near you it's not a big issue to get it done there.