Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #1

Costa Mesa , California
System Regulators

I am in the process of building a new propane system in my rig, a 1955 which I purchased as an empty shell. The only question I have not found a consistent answer to is relating to the appliance regulators.

If all four appliances call to be regulated individually at 11"wc, do I still need a regulator from the tank to the main gas line? I have seen yes, and I have seen no. But in my head, it seems a redundancy that would inhibit the required cfm flow...

What is the accepted SOP when it comes to regulators?

Thanks!
Maxson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
The one regulator to the main gas line is all you need.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #3

Costa Mesa , California
Thanks, I was thinking that it makes sense that way, however was concerned how the appliances each called for individual regulators....
Maxson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxson View Post
Thanks, I was thinking that it makes sense that way, however was concerned how the appliances each called for individual regulators....
Individual would be very strange. Could it be that the appliances specified the pressure and you assumed that they meant individual regulators? The pressure is the same for them all. It seems like just some spec, like 120vac or 12vdc.

The good news is that it is cheaper as well as simpler.

However, you will want to find one that will automatically switch from one tank when it empties to the other (hopefully) full tank to avoid interruption of "service." Here is one source so you can see what I am talking about: http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/..._p/vts-372.htm. There are others. I have bought here for other things, though.

Tags
propane regulator