Old 11-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #1

2011 25' FB International
oyster bay , New York
streamlined tank cover?

Hi all,
In an issue of Airstream Life, I noticed an ad by a Dutch Airstream dealer, "Airstream Professionals." The ad shows a Bambi with a curved aluminum propane tank guard. I imagine it is a custom fabrication which I think looks more aerodynamic and attractive than the "box," and was wondering if anyone out there knows where I might find one for my 25 foot Intl....Thanks!

Old 11-30-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaknnbakin View Post
Hi all,
In an issue of Airstream Life, I noticed an ad by a Dutch Airstream dealer, "Airstream Professionals." The ad shows a Bambi with a curved aluminum propane tank guard. I imagine it is a custom fabrication which I think looks more aerodynamic and attractive than the "box," and was wondering if anyone out there knows where I might find one for my 25 foot Intl....Thanks!
Metal oval shaped LPG tank covers are made by Airstream.

Dealers can order them for you.

You will need to tell the dealer what size LPG tanks you have, ie, 30 or 40 pound tanks.

Andy

Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
I've never seen the item you are talking about. Could someone post a picture of it?
Old 12-01-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
The cover you mention was the tank cover for the early CCD line. The only drawback to using it on a US trailer is that the cover often needs to be notched out for the clamp up brackets and assorted access.

I don't know for sure if the distance from the front of the trailer to the propane tank stake is the same for this cover as it would be for any outer cover. I have one in storage I can measure.

I also think it was a lower profile due to the original CCD coming with 20LB tanks, but that can be deduced from the overall height of the cover.

Let me know if you want measurements. I would need to know the distance from base of window to the stake and the height of the tanks overall to see if it would even fit.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customization, propane tank