Old 09-11-2016, 08:05 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB International
Fenton , Michigan
Stove top burners on 2010 International CCD 27fb

Posted this in the "trailer" thread a while ago...didn't get any replies so maybe here is better?

Hello,

My wife and I just took our AS on our maiden voyage just under 1000 miles round trip.

Had no real issues with the trailer, and it's not really a problem with the stove top, but I was surprised that the rear burners on the stove were not adjustable. Just figured they all would be adjustable...

If there is an easy mod or update so that the burners could be made adjustable, I would be interested for any information you could give me.

Thanks

Blair

Old 09-11-2016, 08:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
That is a first. Never hard of any burners that were not adjustable.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Fenton , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
That is a first. Never hard of any burners that were not adjustable.

That was my reaction when we went to use the stove....

If you want a good laugh....after your reply, I actually went back out to the AS to make sure I wasn't just imagining the "non-adjustable" burners.

The rear burners are still not adjustable... Its an Amana stove/oven, AS part number 690396-09. Not sure of the actual Amana model number, but will do some more investigating.

Really surprised me when they weren't adjustable.

Do you know of a source for parts for an Amana RV stove?

Thanks again,

Blair
Old 09-12-2016, 06:12 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sneedville , Tennessee
Are there no knobs on the front of the stove?
Old 09-12-2016, 07:12 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Fenton , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
Are there no knobs on the front of the stove?
There are knobs for all three burners, the front burner has a High to Low burner setting so you can adjust the heat output/flame. The back two burners have no such adjustment. Just High/Ignite or off. You cannot "turn down" the burner to a lower flame setting like you would expect.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:51 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Sorry but something is just not right with that. Time to call a local professional and have it looked at.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:26 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Nowhere , Somewhere
Try pushing the knob in while turning.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:31 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Fenton , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
Try pushing the knob in while turning.
Tried that, but will try it again. I am a newbie to this AS thing, so I will make sure. If it's "operator error", we can have a few laughs at my expense.

When I get home I will double check and if it's not me, I will post some pics of the control knobs.

If it is operator error, well......

Thanks again.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:12 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Tucson , Arizona
I think you'll find them fully adjustable, but just not in the way you're expecting.

My trailer is a factory stock International and I have no idea the brand of the stove. So you can check, the knobs left to right are: Oven, Left Rear Burner, Center Burner, Right Rear Burner, Igniter. I yours the same?

The Center, High Output Burner sequences Light/High then progresses clockwise to low (i.e., you're turning counter-clockwise). The Two Rear Burners sequence low to Light/High clockwise. There's only about an eighth of a turn from Low to High. Try lighting either Rear Burner then very slowly and carefully turn the knob clockwise and you'll find it's fully adjustable.

At least it is on mine. But as you learn on the Forums - YMMV.

Let us know...
Old 09-14-2016, 07:07 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Fenton , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ice Man View Post
I think you'll find them fully adjustable, but just not in the way you're expecting.

My trailer is a factory stock International and I have no idea the brand of the stove. So you can check, the knobs left to right are: Oven, Left Rear Burner, Center Burner, Right Rear Burner, Igniter. I yours the same?

The Center, High Output Burner sequences Light/High then progresses clockwise to low (i.e., you're turning counter-clockwise). The Two Rear Burners sequence low to Light/High clockwise. There's only about an eighth of a turn from Low to High. Try lighting either Rear Burner then very slowly and carefully turn the knob clockwise and you'll find it's fully adjustable.

At least it is on mine. But as you learn on the Forums - YMMV.

Let us know...

Thanks Ice Man,

It will be next week before I can double check. I will definitely let you know. We have only used the stove one time and the range of motion on the high output burner is as you described, there are high to low markings on that knob. We were cooking breakfast with the grand kids and it being the first time we used the stove, I was expecting the rear burners to be controlled the same as the front burner. I am sure I missed the fact that 1/8 of a turn went from high to low or vice versa.

Thanks again everyone
Old 09-20-2016, 09:05 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Fenton , Michigan
Ice Man...

The stove works EXACTLY as you described. Thanks for the detailed description. I expected the back burner knobs to turn the same way as the center burner, and being the first time we used it, AND having the grand kids there too...I will use that as an excuse.

Have a laugh on me. Newbies, I tell ya. LOL

Thanks