Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1969 23' Safari
Grosse Ile , Michigan
Send a message via Yahoo to commander31
Retro silver vinyl LP Tanks cover

Hi there....

Just curious if anyone has come across or knows of a manufacturer of the older style silver vinyl LP tank covers for our Airstreams. The RV stores all sell a generic white vinyl one, but that seems to take away from the whole look up front.
I have a 1969 23' Safari. It has dual 30# steel LP tanks. My Airstream is a clone trailer to the one my Grandparents owned from new in the fall of 68 until due to health reasons, they sold the trailer in the summer of 76. I travelled extensively with my Grandparents every summer from 69 to 75 and attended all the major WBCCI International and local Michigan Unit Rallys of the time.

I would like to find an original style cover exactly as what was advertised in the "Wally Byam Stores" catalogs of the day. They even had a small insignia heat sealed into the front of this cover.

My only option would be to have one custom made, which in itself would not be too big of a deal i suppose for an upholstery or reputable canvas shop. But before i considered that route, i thought i'd inquire if there was any sources for a nice looking silver vinyl cover that any other of the vintage AS guys use on their trailers.

Thanks in advance

Scott Anderson
Grosse Ile, MI

Scott Anderson
Grosse Ile, Mich.
1969 23' Safari Twin
WBCCI # 22426
(formerly #22425 1968-76)

When it is my time, I want to go peacefully,
And in my sleep.....Just like my Grandfather....
Not screaming, kicking and in a state of panic,
like the other passengers in his car were......
commander31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2002 22' International CCD
San Luis Obispo , California
I'm looking for the same thing as mentioned in the original post, except for a 20 lb. tank. Anyone know of a source? I'm coming up blank in my search.
wbrownrr is offline   Reply With Quote