Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2014, 04:36 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Yes

Yes, as I have said before marine grills are designed for double duty, in most cases. I have a Dickinson operating on low pressure from the qd that is perfect. I have also used Magma's. Admittedly, marine grills are more expensive because of the stainless steel but they last a long time.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:59 AM   #22
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljsydney View Post
Did you have any luck finding a fitting that works? Having the same issue here...
I went to our local Ace hardware with the Weber valve and the hose that came with the AS, it took a 3/8 to 1/8 female to male brass threaded reducer and a female to female 1/8 brass coupler to make things fit. I have not used it yet since it is still zero outside here, but We are leaving for Florida in a week

I will let you know then if it works.

Gary
Castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:06 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Cream Ridge , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkowalyk View Post
We plan on just continuing to use our Weber, as it has served us well. I would be hard pressed to find a better portable grill.

We use a 6' hose to directly connect to one of our propane tanks. I simply connect the hose, threading it up from the bottom. This is what I have done for years.

Since we bought the Classic, I thought there would be an easy solution with the disconnect, but it doesn't look like it.

On a side note - is anybody really happy with a grill they have bought that works with the quick disconnect?

Thanks,
I am, we bought the stainless steel grill from CW that is made for the low pressure outlet and a 16' braided stainless steel gas hose. It works just fine. amidst all this talk of removing regulators and replacing with valves there's something nobody is taking into consideration. The gas orifice has to be sized for propane not natural gas and must match the BTU rating of the burner in the grill. Using an incorrect orifice size may let you light the grill and cook a hot dog or two but the grill will not work as designed and could be dangerous to use. It is a modification best left to the experts.
Joe Palmieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Fall City , Washington
Well, I spent time at ACE and couldn't find the right bits to make the Camco valve work, because its fitting is not standard. Ended up just buying the Weber 6501 adapter kit and will bring along a smaller LP tank.