Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' International
Orange County , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
The lines are readily accessible and it is not difficult to change out any 1/4" parts for larger ones. My trailer didn't have a stock propane port -- I added one, for my grill.

You may want to leave the standard size port in place for use with a grill and just add a second one.

You will need flare tools. A little bit of oil on the tool and then on the flare nut threads prior to assembly will make the job go better.
Those are all good points. It might be best to Lee the stock parts there so I am run a grill in the future.

I noticed the top of the RV propane tanks are green instead of black. Are they different sizes or just different colors? I noticed online the green connectors are labeled as "RV"
TinVenture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:10 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich of SCal View Post
Thats encouraging. Thanks.

Nice idea on the tubing. I have so many do-it-yourself projects and repairs going I opted to pay the extra and let them do the mod for me. Also, the 2400 is on the large side, so there seems to be plenty of internal room. Although I haven't removed the panels to check.

BTW they didn't send me any "teflon paste" and I can't anything at home depot like that. What did you use for your permanent connections? They said not to use tape because it could get into the carburetor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Use the yellow thread seal tape(thicker), start it a few threads from the end of the fitting so there's no chance of any getting into the hose.

Bob
Using any type tape in a fuel supply system is contraindicated because fine particles frequently break loose and block fine ports in the carburetor/injector system. Use a small amount of paste. Teflon-impregnated paste is found at HD and Lowes, etc. under the Rectorseal brand and others but Teflon is not mandatory. You may use any brand/type of pipe-dope which states it's permissible for gas/propane/steam/etc.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote