Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2018, 09:58 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' Pottery Barn
North Bend , Washington
Propane Tank Switch/Valve

Today I went to switch my propane tanks as the one I was using was now reading red on the valve. This was only the second time that I have used this valve. The cheap piece of plastic just twisted completely off leaving me with no option to switch to my second tank. Really Airstream? $80,000 "Special Edition" with the cheapest valve available. Dissappointed 1st time Airstreamer...
ESC2SNTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:41 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Murphy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC2SNTY View Post
Today I went to switch my propane tanks as the one I was using was now reading red on the valve. This was only the second time that I have used this valve. The cheap piece of plastic just twisted completely off leaving me with no option to switch to my second tank. Really Airstream? $80,000 "Special Edition" with the cheapest valve available. Dissappointed 1st time Airstreamer...

Sorry to hear that, on our maiden voyage we had a few glitches but we were able to resolve them quickly with the help of the dealer and the wonderful people of this group.
Jkreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Quote:
Close both tank valves. Then swap the tanks. If the change over valve is still in the original position you can take the empty tank to be filled.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:46 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' Pottery Barn
North Bend , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkreis View Post
Sorry to hear that, on our maiden voyage we had a few glitches but we were able to resolve them quickly with the help of the dealer and the wonderful people of this group.
The dealer has been totally supportive. We definitely value that.
ESC2SNTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #5
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Hi ESC2SNTY,

We're very sorry to learn about this. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

Thank you.