Old 04-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member
2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
mcminnville , Oregon
I think the new hoses solved the problem because of flow. I recently learned that different colored connectors denote the maximum flow of that connector. I had noise, put on the high flow connector, no more noise.

pal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
eubank; the TW is 18.25

Knowledge: "A gift to be shared. A treasure to receive."
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #17
Commercial Member
1967 30' Sovereign
Los Lunas , New Mexico
Ok, Doug, then your full cylinder should weigh no more than about 38.25 pounds. If it's been overfilled, then bleed off enough to reduce the weight to that point. Do so outside in a well ventilated area with absolutely no source of spark nearby. Since you have to bleed through the tiny hole, it'll take a while, depending on how overfilled it is.

If it has a bad OPD valve, you can continue to use it safely until it's empty, but then you should have the valve replaced at a full-service propane dealer. If you have aluminum cylinders, then they'll likely have to special order the proper OPD valve.

You can also test the rig's regulator by simply hooking up the cylinder to a known-good barbeque grill that has its own regulator.

WBCCI 21043
eubank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #18
Rivet Master
2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Laramie , Wyoming
Humming stopped after a day. Pressures equalized?
Antique Pedaler
'64 Bambi II, '10 Flying Cloud FB
'05 GMC Pickup, '11 Touareg TDI
Santana tandem bike
WBCCI # 4181 VAC member
Antique Pedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:20 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Discovered this on my 2nd shakedown trip of our preowned 2008 Classic FB this weekend in Missouri. Weekend weather was cool and rainy turning to sunny and warm today. It was cool enough not to use the AC but not cool enough to use the furnace. It was quiet and I could hear the buzzing while in bed in our front bedroom. Threw on my pants and slippers and went outside about midnight with a flash light and discovered the sound coming from the propane tank area. The only gas appliance on was the fridge. I was testing the fridge LP system. I turned the fridge off and no buzzing. Very annoying to me even though my hearing has suffered over the years the frequency bugged me in bed. The sound goes right through the windows and walls. I had to switch the fridge to electric.

I have a laundry list of major issues with this newly acquired AS that the dealers 90 warrant should cover but I'm not sure this is one of them. The tanks were topped up prior to deliver several weeks ago and I remember one of them was leaking a tiny bit out the pressure release but that has gone. I was testing the furnace also during the day as it was in the 50s and damp

KJRitchie is online now   Reply With Quote