Old 10-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #15
Site Team

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Ken,
My wife tested the smoke detector last weekend with a steak in the broiler. Works great, tastes great too!
Is that thing a smoke detector? I thought it was an oven timer.

Old 10-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Hey Ken,

Just so we get it right, it was the Raid Ant & Roach Killer with GermFighter.

Old 10-03-2005, 02:13 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Thanks alot - I would have missed the germ fighter part - want to make sure we get the right stuff!

Hmm has me thinking - you kill the roaches and ants then you sanatize them...... ?
Then we use them for....... or never mind

Ken J
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #18

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
The sawdust from cutting out your floorboards with a circular saw will test your smoke detector. It will apparently ruin it too

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 04:35 PM   #19
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
Thanks alot - I would have missed the germ fighter part - want to make sure we get the right stuff!

Hmm has me thinking - you kill the roaches and ants then you sanatize them...... ?
Then we use them for....... or never mind

Ken J
It makes for a "clean kill".
Old 10-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #20
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger
Raid Ant & Roach Spray sets off the LP detector.
And you know this because?...
I heard you tried to rinse the ant and roach spray off by submerging the trailer. Any truth to this rumor?
Old 10-03-2005, 04:41 PM   #21
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Getting back to the subject at hand...

If you don't know, you should try to mount the CO detector at a mid- height in your coach, and the smoke alarm near the top of the ceiling, for obvious reasons.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:48 PM   #22

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Are you sure? I was told the CO would rise and pool at the ceiling, so the CO detector should be mounted near the ceiling, same as the smoke detector. LP detector goes near the floor.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:03 PM   #23
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
Are you sure? I was told the CO would rise and pool at the ceiling, so the CO detector should be mounted near the ceiling, same as the smoke detector. LP detector goes near the floor.
CO is almost exactly the same weight as regular air, so anywhere you want is fine. IMHO the closer to the furnace outlet the better. CO may rise at first because it is in the warm air coming from the furnace but as it cools it will fall...normal thermodynamics.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:11 PM   #24
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
CO is almost exactly the same weight as regular air, so anywhere you want is fine. IMHO the closer to the furnace outlet the better. CO may rise at first because it is in the warm air coming from the furnace but as it cools it will fall...normal thermodynamics.

Aaron
Exactly. We installed our CO detecter at an outlet about hip level. My theory is, if anything happens, it will be while we are asleep, and that level is just above the level of our heads while sleeping.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:30 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Terry,

Hey buddy, I believe it was you that recommended RT. 27 out of Miami. Frankly, I'm glad you did. We liked it so much we didn't head east until after Ocala. I lived down near Palm Beach for three years in the seventies, and I had never seen that part of Florida. It was beaautiful. On 27 just north of Miami was the straightest, flattest road I had ever seen. Thanks again for the travel advice. Here's my advice to you: If you ever stay at the Torchlight Campground in Clermont, avoid site 11.

Regarding that terrible "rumor", I wouldn't have had to rinse out the Bambi in Clermont, if the vacuum had worked in Miami.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:17 PM   #26
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger
Terry,

Hey buddy, I believe it was you that recommended RT. 27 out of Miami. Frankly, I'm glad you did. We liked it so much we didn't head east until after Ocala. I lived down near Palm Beach for three years in the seventies, and I had never seen that part of Florida. It was beaautiful. On 27 just north of Miami was the straightest, flattest road I had ever seen. Thanks again for the travel advice. Here's my advice to you: If you ever stay at the Torchlight Campground in Clermont, avoid site 11.

Regarding that terrible "rumor", I wouldn't have had to rinse out the Bambi in Clermont, if the vacuum had worked in Miami.
My pleasure. You can also go from Ocala on US 301 all the way to Yulee, Florida, and hang a right, and hit I-95 about 10 miles or so from the Georgia border. Just be very sure you obey the speed limit through there. Not a half mile an hour over.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:10 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
CO Detector & Propane detector

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Exactly. We installed our CO detecter at an outlet about hip level. My theory is, if anything happens, it will be while we are asleep, and that level is just above the level of our heads while sleeping.
We also placed our CO detector in our bedroom. The manufacturer installation instructions said to place it out of direct air flows and closer to the ceiling. Thus we moved it AWAY from the vent outlets.

As for our propane detector, it's near the oven/furnace/frig, since these are the normal culprits. Since we recently replaced the stove/oven, I mounted it near the front door. A key point here is that the alarm won't work if you have a wind draft in the front door. Have fun

Mitch