Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
Portsmouth , Rhode Island
Problems with PROTECHTOR

Not sure what forum for this, but the red light in the Protechtor panel in my 2009 Flying Cloud is on all the time. Following recommended test procedure of holding test button in for 5-6 seconds does not do anything. Have spent several hours in the trailer last few days and no smell of propane and all seems to be working as it should. Thanks for any thoughts.

Jack
JackRenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRenner View Post
Not sure what forum for this, but the red light in the Protechtor panel in my 2009 Flying Cloud is on all the time. Following recommended test procedure of holding test button in for 5-6 seconds does not do anything. Have spent several hours in the trailer last few days and no smell of propane and all seems to be working as it should. Thanks for any thoughts.

Jack
According to the manual
http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/...%20LP%20RV.pdf

A solid red light indicates a Low Power or microprocessor failure. Atwood Service should be contacted.
815-877-5700

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
If you batteries are not holding a full charge, the propane detector will begin to fault and the alarm will sound.

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswenson View Post
According to the manual
http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/...%20LP%20RV.pdf

A solid red light indicates a Low Power or microprocessor failure. Atwood Service should be contacted.
815-877-5700
Given the range of operating voltages, it would only display a "low power" light if everything DC in your trailer was dead, too. So it's probably the microprocessor. Mine crapped out on me on my very first camping trip after I accidentally kicked it. The fix was surprisingly easy…

Disconnect the power to it entirely, and wait about a minute. Pulling the fuse is the easiest way, if you can find the in-line fuse. If you can't find the fuse, the battery isolator switch should work as well. After a minute, hook it back up, and see if the light goes back to flashing green every 8 seconds like it's supposed to. If it does, you're good. If not, plan to replace the unit with a new one.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We had one in our VW camper a few years ago that would go off spraying an aerosol can near it, or if the battery was low.

The one in our new trailer was warning when we bought it, they replaced it and a few days ago it was beeping. Reset it by holding in the button, vacuumed it out in case dust had settled in there, good to go.

They're kind of sensitive but probably worth having in there.

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote