Old 12-18-2015, 06:08 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
This should have been a warranty repair as my AS is only about a year old. The dealer here was booked until January, so no way I was going to wait for that.
Just so that I know in the future, if this kind of thing happens to me. Isn't there a way to get reimbursed for what should be covered under warranty?

Old 12-18-2015, 06:31 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks for the update, you are a long way from home! At least you are on the road again.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #17
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Twin Rocks , Oregon
Save your receipt. Send a note to Airstream and your dealer to explain the situation, and ask to be reimbursed.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:52 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
Thanks to all for the advice!
Curious where you are headed next? In the 90's we took a major road trip from NY to San Diego and Napa, through Texas both ways because it was winter, and had a blast. Two months in all.

If you feel like it, maybe a new post on the forum "On The Road" would be interesting? The threads there usually have great campground and restaurant tips from fellow travelers both past and present.

On The Road... - Airstream Forums

Any suggestions for good music that makes you want to get On The Road Again when you hear it?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...-i-143331.html

Have a great trip!

Peter

PS -- It is likely that your warranty will cover at least the parts you had to buy, if you can explain your diagnostic process and provide the comments of any Airstream parts/service people who agreed with you.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
Peter - Thanks for the feedback and links. This thread made me realize that I hadn't (ever) updated my profile. We've spent the past year upgrading/modifying a number of aspects of our rig (solar, electrical, tech, etc.). We also sold our house in Chapel Hill in July and have been full-timing it ever since. So, after the last 25 years in NC, I'm not sure what I should call home right now! We spent late summer/early fall in Ontario, north of Toronto then down to southern Florida. We then took the southern route to CA, mainly I-10. We took a detour into Big Bend National Park. Also drove up FM170 along the Rio Grande. That was absolutely beautiful. We will definitely go back to Big Bend again someday. We're currently parked in Oceanside, CA at the moment (I consult for a couple companies in the area). We plan on staying around here until spring (with a number of CA excursions in between - suggestions?). This summer we'll be heading north again into Canada. Not exactly sure where yet, there's so much up there to see too.

I always start singing "On the road again" as we're hitching up, preparing to head out (probably to the annoyance of my wife)...
Old 12-19-2015, 11:30 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York

Got me laughin' there, Richard -- I do the same thing with that song . . .

You might check out the 20-footer thread, as a few posters there have recently recommended campgrounds very close to you.

Start here maybe and check out the more recent posts:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f516...ml#post1689725

In between the posts about windows, plumbing, winterization etc. -- some of them a bit verbose [guilty as charged] -- are some good photos and ideas about Southern California campgrounds, mostly from subfan1. And Bob and Myrna [CruzinDux] from Eugene OR are going to be heading that way after New Years probably.

I went to UCSD and lived in North San Diego County back in the 70's, so I am enjoying hearing about the area again, as well as your journey getting there!

Happy Trails . . .

Peter aka OTRA15 -- On The Road Again!
Old 12-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
PS -- missed the Edit time window -- another recent thread with some ideas:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...el-144645.html
Old 12-19-2015, 12:19 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Is it possible that you have the full tank turned off at the tank and the regulator manually selected to the empty tank? Open both tanks, leave them open and select the full tank at the regulator...or the empty one. Let the auto function do its thing. No guarantees...just a trouble shoot.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:54 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
Is it possible .
Their problem was solved with new parts.